Home

Pacers Next Gen sliders: World Class (6 min)

This is a discussion on Pacers Next Gen sliders: World Class (6 min) within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2014, 06:00 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Pacers Next Gen sliders: World Class (6 min)

Quick update on the sliders. FIFA career mode is very frustrating in that the games are heavily influenced by CPU boosting (I prefer using the word boosting to scripting). Where the boosting is strong the game becomes much, much harder. This seems to be affected by a number of things, including:

- Team you are using and the OVR ratings of the players
- Team the CPU is using / OVR ratings
- Player morale / form
- The competition you are in (bizarre I know)

The bottom line is it makes it incredibly tough to makesliders as a ‘one-size-fits-all’.

I strongly believe that the CPU marking should always bekept at 40, and the CPU GK should always be kept at 10. I have tested this repeatedly and they seem to be the optimum levels. Adjusting all the other sliders (pass accuracy, team width, runs etc) can increase 'realism' but just seems to negatively affect the out-of-the-box fun that this game can deliver.

The key to adjusting the difficulty lies in the sprint speed setting. I always keep the human sprint speed the same as the CPU, but adjust it upwards and downwards dependent upon how things feel in the league games. The higher it is, the harder the game is.

In my current game I am Real Madrid and I have a team full of superstars with great pace (Ronaldo, Bale, Di Maria… I have also added Reus,Pisczek, Matuidi and Thiago Silva- again loads of pace/athletes). I have the sprint speed set to 50/50, and this is giving me some really good results. I have to play really well, but I can win and I am getting realistic results & scorelines (joint top of the league with Barca, scoring about 2.5 goalsper game, Ronaldo getting about a goal per game).

If you are a lesser team I recommend starting the sprint speed at 45/45 and adjusting upwards to find a level you are comfortable with. 49/49 seems to be a happy middle ground for good teams (where most of the first XI are around 80-84 OVR), but I am getting the most fun gameplay results using a superstar team and the sprint speed set to 50/50.

Last edited by pacers101; 07-15-2014 at 06:06 AM. Reason: I keep getting sprint speed and acceleration mixed up!!!
Old 07-22-2014, 05:30 AM   #10
Rookie

Icon12 Re: Pacers Next Gen sliders: World Class (6 min)

So in the second half of the season I am currently running with completely default sliders (50 for everything), apart from injuries, and GK ability down to 40 for CPU and human. And it works well. But if I was running those sliders in the first half of the season, I would have got hammered.

Career mode has so much potential, but the 'boosting' of the CPU abilities from game to game is far too prominent. Sometimes the CPU is so good you cannot get the ball and feel generally helpless, other times they are so bad that you can easily steal the ball from the defenders and stroll through on goal. FIFA carreer mode would need to be far more consistent to make some good sliders for!

I will keep going but I acknowledge that this will never be perfect. I might be going back to PES6 again soon...
Old 10-02-2014, 11:16 AM   #11
CFD
Just started!

CFD's Arena

I'm using tournaments to play around with the sliders before beginning my career mode. Just finished the German Cup with Dortmund and won the tournament. What I was using:

World Class, slow game speed, 8min halves.

User - injury frequency and severity both down to 10, positioning run frequency up to 55

CPU - sprint speed and acceleration both down to 45, pass error up to 70, GK ability down to 45, positioning marking up to 55, run frequency up to 55 and first touch control error up to 55.

-------------------------------

I won the final 4-3 in extra time with a 120th minute goal from Immobile, and it was about as even a game as I could've hoped for:

Possession 52% - 48%
Shots on target 12 - 10
Pass accuracy 80% for both teams

That being said, this was only my first quick attempt at sliders from what I had been using in the demo...my main objectives were to get CPU speed back down to reality because I hate that every year this game comes shipped with every CPU player always being faster than every user player. Also turned injuries way down because I feel that injuries have always been far too frequent in these games.

My second round of slider adjustments will be much more extensive and then I will probably try out an Italian cup with Juve.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2015, 04:38 AM   #12
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacers101
Quick update on the sliders. FIFA career mode is very frustrating in that the games are heavily influenced by CPU boosting (I prefer using the word boosting to scripting). Where the boosting is strong the game becomes much, much harder. This seems to be affected by a number of things, including:

- Team you are using and the OVR ratings of the players
- Team the CPU is using / OVR ratings
- Player morale / form
- The competition you are in (bizarre I know)

The bottom line is it makes it incredibly tough to makesliders as a ‘one-size-fits-all’.

I strongly believe that the CPU marking should always bekept at 40, and the CPU GK should always be kept at 10. I have tested this repeatedly and they seem to be the optimum levels. Adjusting all the other sliders (pass accuracy, team width, runs etc) can increase 'realism' but just seems to negatively affect the out-of-the-box fun that this game can deliver.

The key to adjusting the difficulty lies in the sprint speed setting. I always keep the human sprint speed the same as the CPU, but adjust it upwards and downwards dependent upon how things feel in the league games. The higher it is, the harder the game is.

In my current game I am Real Madrid and I have a team full of superstars with great pace (Ronaldo, Bale, Di Maria… I have also added Reus,Pisczek, Matuidi and Thiago Silva- again loads of pace/athletes). I have the sprint speed set to 50/50, and this is giving me some really good results. I have to play really well, but I can win and I am getting realistic results & scorelines (joint top of the league with Barca, scoring about 2.5 goalsper game, Ronaldo getting about a goal per game).

If you are a lesser team I recommend starting the sprint speed at 45/45 and adjusting upwards to find a level you are comfortable with. 49/49 seems to be a happy middle ground for good teams (where most of the first XI are around 80-84 OVR), but I am getting the most fun gameplay results using a superstar team and the sprint speed set to 50/50.

Do these sliders still work ? As in post-patch.
And since you're using Real Madrid, I'm curious to know the goals you concede per game. I'm guessing not a lot since the defenders they have are incredible.
How do I adjust the sliders so that the CPU has a fair amount of chances to score as well ?
Most of the scorelines I get are pretty low. The highest scoring game I got was probably 3-1.

Long ago thread I know but I'm looking for sliders and came across this. Hoping for a response.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »