Home

FIFA 15 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 15 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2014, 12:33 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 15 OS Community Sliders

The thing is it would be perfectly fine and acceptable for us to "burst by" and sprint by with pacey players or whatever, it's just the fact that the CPU defenders/fullbacks don't sprint back and chase the player like they would in real life! Instead they seem to halfheartedly jog and run back. However, if the CPU also used the "burst" by / sprint past you "exploit" against you (which they don't as they rarely take you on with sprint, they'd rather pass) that would make it balanced and seem fair and we wouldn't complain.

Find a slider set that you're happy and comfortable with, that you deem to be fair, challenging yet fun and get playing! You'll soon realise after you play a variety of different ability teams in Career mode if your sliders are working well how you want them or not, as all teams play with different tactics. On top of that, you'll improve and learn how to play against the CPU more effectively because at the end of the day, they will always be predictable unlike a human player.

I've played 2.5 seasons on Be a Pro with Leicester City and currently halfway through my first season with Arsenal on manager mode and I've constantly been tweaking sliders on what I think need to be tweaked.

As Matt has said, use the sliders as a base, and once you get playing more and more games, you'll naturally get an idea of what you need to change to make the games less/more challenging for you specifically or realistic/less exploits gameplay wise. You'll eventually find what's right for your playing style (some people play more direct and defend aggressively while others build up play slower and jockey more than try to tackle).

Enjoy!
Old 10-31-2014, 12:33 PM   #50
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

http://1drv.ms/1wLurJY
(With the OP settings. X1)

I turn an interception into a counter attack started by the goalie. CPU passes into the corner and I close out on #11 as has no options as the player who passed him the ball backs away. 11 takes a rough touch and RB helps out and snatches the ball for me. I pass back, risky pass, but my CB has no issues running to the ball as the CPU runs for it and gets it back to the goalie.

Keeper makes a long pass right to the middle of the field. You can see how Man City is completely on it's heels going from attacking to defending so fast. They were playing so aggressive that their back 4 is at the half line.

My striker really makes the play with a beautiful header above the CPU defender running to where the ball will land. He really shows his height by going to meet the ball so high up. Not only did he win it but I laid it off into the path of my teammate.

The other defenders have to make up a lot of ground but do catch up to me. The top defender caught me first but I knew I could body him out from the angle we're running. The bottom defender would've won the ball if I slowed down to body out the top defender. You see the bottom defender change the angle he's running based on my pace. At first he's running parallel with the sideline but when i take the heavy touch from holding sprint he changes his angle to try and meet the ball.

I can clearly tell neither defender was fast enough to keep up with my player. I was only getting caught because I had to dribble the ball. So I flick R stick for a knock on. When you knock on you are taking the ball out of the picture and speed ratings should win out. The bottom defender goes into an awkward shuffle animation, but it's a videogame, he was toast. His only option would've been a super aggressive slide tackle that may get him kicked out of the game. Because of the angle we play at he looks closer than he is. You see the top defender reaching out over and over but just a step too slow.

Notice how the knock on forces the GK to make a decision. The ball is very far off my feet so he decides to step out. I should've passed down or made a move on him but I don't. I kick the ball right into him as he slides at my feet. (Where's the ball to the nuts injury? Lol). The keeper saves what should've been a nasty counter attack if my stick skills or decision making is a little more crisp. I love that! Not too easy, not too hard. That's just the 20 seconds!

Man City comes right back at me with a counter attack of their own. However, I kill it. You see on their first pass I collapse way too hard with two defenders. If you can't tell I'm controlling the guy who almost trips over his teammate and lets the pass go flying right to where he should've been. This leaves my back 4 exposed.

Thankfully Aguero wanted the ball up close and doesn't just takeoff down the field for a through ball or something which is probably what a human user would do. He wants the ball back from Toure but Toure decides he wants to hold on to it. Notice the defender on the top of the screen not jogging to get back into position. He ends up saving us by defending that runner up there. I use my CB to contain Toure since I know he isn't going to blow by me and he doesn't have anyone to pass to in the direction he's heading.

Note at :28 I switch off my CB and let him fall back into formation. I don't want to ruin the shape which I would have. I switch and put pressure on Toure and force him to pass back. However I try to pressure a much better dribbler with Barton, who is an old CDM who shouldn't be out on the wing. He easily dribbles around me and takes off for the give and go. CPU leads him out and now we have issues.

My LB is a 69 rated player, I don't expect him to rush out and take the ball away from the guy who just schooled my 75 rated CDM. I apply pressure with him but overrun a bit too much again. User error. I should be jockeying sooner because they will always cut on you if youre over pursuing, as they should. But see while two defenders are pressuring him my other guys are defending the runners. We should've pinned him on the sideline but my play allows him to split the defenders. The 3rd CPU AI defender comes from defending the runner to filling in at the LB spot to contain the dribbler as he comes down the pitch. He forces the pass and then hangs back to not give up another give and go the same player. This forces the CPU to spin around, pass backwards, and flip the play all the way across the field. CPU is alone surrounded by defenders so he's forced to try a cross. You know who's there to intercept it? The defender from before who defender the runner, contained the dribbler, fell back to defend the give and go, and then came back into the box for the cross.

I make the mistake of trying to quickly go box to box again but Man City is ready this time. Players come charging at me and I'm dispossessed by a slide tackle from Toure. Great player making great slide tackle. He gets the ball back and starts an attack where the CPU passes 7 times outside of the box looking for an opening.

You can see the opening open up at :58 when Toure gets the ball back again. I over committed to the ball going down the wing and 11 decides against the risky through ball and back passes to Toure. Plenty of green grass in front of him and dribbles right into the box. Since we lost our shape a dangerous through ball opens up. Watch the head tracking. When Toure is outside of the box and my CB is coming into the picture he sees Toure has all that space. Behind him Aguro is making a run that he can't see. When he's in the picture he is standing looking back checking the action behind him and notices the danger but it looks to be way too late. Toure makes the pass to what would've been an easy goal but the CB goes all out to make the interception. When I get control I almost go out of bounds but I'm able to do a nice slide pass to save it.

I get the ball with a mid 80s pace player and try to take off down the sideline. Defender takes a good angle to defend that and I decide to play smart this time. I pass to the middle of the field to my striker. CB contains so I pass up again. Sagna trys to contain but I see he is the last man. He's shuffling to his left so I take my first touch to his right. I leave him tackling air with a simple touch based on reading the defender.

Showing his age/work rate (31/medium) because he gives up on the play. Now again, it looks awkward because of the animations but its a videogame. I see players standing around ALL the time when I watch games on TV. Plenty of times I've asked my friend who introduced me to the BPL why players like Ozil don't try to play defense? FIFA has implemented that with work rates and stamina. We have been running up and down the pitch and Sagna is tired. He knows he's beat.

The CB that was the bottom defender for the earlier breakaway attempts to cover for Sagna. I see him sprinting balls out so I just patiently keep the ball close right at the moment of truth with precision dribble/LB. He attempts a tackle but because the ball is so close to my feet he whiffs. If someone doesn't use the button they lose the ball there, period. He made a good run back and tackle attempt but stick skills won me that one. Plus I had the player to execute the dribble.

Another instance where I could've just passed to a much easier goal but you know how that tunnel vision is haha. Once I had defender beat I knocked on into the box. I use the time it takes for my player to catch up to the ball to power my shot and aim. Dropped it right into the bottom corner and Hart could only watch it. He had a defender get in my way but it goes right between his legs. Wouldn't be an upset without a little luck.

I know I just typed way too much I really do love breaking the game down like this. Feels like I'm watching film on myself and really helps me learn and get better. Once I start I just go into way too much detail I'm sure so forgive me. It's really a short video I promise
Old 10-31-2014, 12:34 PM   #51
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffjr1980
You guys are all right, Hazard is a bad example, i was more concerned with the lack of urgency from the cpu, not with hazards ability, i will try with a lesser team in a while.
Look at the video I just showed. I see plenty of urgency in ALL defenders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2014, 12:52 PM   #52
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Thankfully due to life circumstances I have a lot of free time so I'll be broadcasting if anyone is bored and wants to see these sliders play and is somewhere where they can't play.

http://www.twitch.tv/twitchk1ng

Playing vs Leicester City. Have a game agaisnt Man City for Quarter Final of Capital One Cup in 3 days so I'm using my B squad here.

Last edited by wordtobigbird; 10-31-2014 at 12:58 PM.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:57 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 1

These sliders feel smooth, really like them so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-31-2014, 01:30 PM   #54
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Whew! Pulled out a 2-1 Victory with a goal in the 90th minute! Playing with my backup squad was definitely very very rough compared to my starting 11. Especially dropping off at RB from an 80 in Isla to a low 70s CB who plays out of position. Thankfully the competition was weak and I was able to hold the ball pretty easily just had to get the ball in the net.

Great game! Now on to Man City with my regular squad. This will be a lot better to watch. Note, I just beat them 3-1 last night I talked about earlier in this thread in that video.

Wow, it's snowing!

Last edited by wordtobigbird; 10-31-2014 at 01:35 PM.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:40 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

In the Leicester match, I was just saying those lines looked great. The variety solid and the build up is there. Your LB made a great run and caught theirs not tucked in enough - match winner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2014, 01:57 PM   #56
Pro

OneDrop's Arena

OVR: 0

Played a test game and I'm honestly not sure if I like them or not. I can't make up my mind.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »