Home

ZJac7's FIFA 15 Fluid Gameplay Sliders

This is a discussion on ZJac7's FIFA 15 Fluid Gameplay Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2014, 03:54 PM   #1
Rookie

zjac7's Arena

OVR: 1
ZJac7's FIFA 15 Fluid Gameplay Sliders

So I’ve finally upgraded to PS4, and discovered that unlike FIFA 15 on PS3 (which is nearly unsalvageable), the PS4 version requires some tweaks but not a total overhaul. With this slider set I’ve attempted to fix the following issues:

1. As with every year, getting every team to play with a unique identity without the use of Custom Tactics
2. Making the game speed “feel” realistic without sacrificing responsiveness
3. Fixing the overall “perfection” of the CPU on Legendary
4. Fixing the lack of differentiation in skill set/quality among CPU teams on Legendary
5. Enabling the user to play one-touch, “silky” football on manual

Here are the slider settings with explanations for each decision…

Camera Settings (not required for the sliders, but I have been asked in the past which ones I use):

Custom
Height: 20
Zoom: 20

Controller Settings:

Auto Switching: Auto
Move Assistance: High
All Pass/Shoot Settings: Manual
Analog: On
Defending: Tactical

Match Settings

Half Length: 15 Minutes
Difficulty Level: Legendary
Game: Normal

User/CPU Gameplay Customization (Settings for semi-assisted controls in red, 11/29 updates in blue):

Sprint Speed 49/49
Acceleration 49/49
I found foot planting and recovery to be fine at this setting, so I left it as is. Unlike in years past, FIFA 15 does not have "psychic CPU" syndrome, so I did not discount any Acceleration points from the CPU (Edit: I've taken down one notch for both on each side, does help make movement more realistic).

Shot Error 52/51
(If using semi-assisted controls: 50/51)
Seems counterintuitive, but I’ve found that slightly increasing shot error actually helps get manual shots on target more effectively than lowering it. On the CPU front, a one tick upward helps lessen CPU “perfection.”

Pass Error 53/79
(If using semi-assisted controls: 57/79)
Again, slightly raising pass error on the User side helps you “put it where you want it” while also accounting for variance in player accuracy stats. On the CPU side, the need to account for differences in accuracy between good and bad teams predicates boosting this number so high.

Shot Speed 51/49
(If using semi-assisted controls: 50/49)
Shot speed is nearly perfect out of the box, feel free to keep the user slider at 50 if you feel more comfortable there. I have it at 51 to help with volley’s and one-touch play (Edit: Taken down a notch on the CPU side to work in conjunction with the increase in shooting error).

Pass Speed 53/49
(If using semi-assisted controls: 52/49)
Passing on the user side can be a bit sluggish, particularly with one-touch interplay. This User setting enables really fun, beautiful passing (Edit: Taken down one notch for more realistic CPU passing).

Injury Frequency 56/56
This setting is not super-tested, may change at some point.

Injury Severity 50/50
Also not heavily tested.

Goalkeeper Ability 50/49
Slight tick down to combat CPU perfection, feel free to set at 50 if you are comfortable.[/i]

Marking 50/50
This setting is fine as is.

Run Frequency 0/0
Setting Run Frequency to 0 is a consistent foundation of my slider sets, this enables opposing teams to have individuality in play styles without needing to implement Custom Tactics.

Line Height 46/51
User Line Height has a direct impact of the speed of the CPU’s build up play. At 45, CPU build up speed has a realistic pace no matter your opponent’s play style (Edit: Moved up to 46 to work in conjunction with change in line length setting). On the CPU side, this enables the User to “get in behind” the CPU, while also helping with some slight sluggishness in CPU pressing.

Line Length 47/51
The User line length setting works hand in hand with the line height setting to keep the CPU honest in approaching attack realistically. On the CPU side, this setting helps create realistic passing lanes.

Line Width 51/51
This setting regulates the balance between the CPU playing the ball down the flanks too often or only going through the middle, without getting in the way of differentiation of team styles. On the CPU side, the idea of “perfection” extends to defending as well; one uptick allows them to actually get pulled out of position on occasion.

Fullback Positioning 49/50
This is a finicky setting when it comes to influencing decisions made by the CPU. Straying from the default 50 on either side makes the CPU act irrationally (Edit: Taken down one notch on the user side to make CPU behave more realistically in attack).

Power Bar 51
(If using semi-assisted controls: 45)
Unlike previous games, this setting is fine as is.

First Touch Control Error 47/53
(If using semi-assisted controls: 51/53)
The user setting allows you to play one-touch football on Manual. On the CPU side, there is little difference in touch between good and bad players on default. This setting helps differentiate.

Using these sliders you should find a CPU opponent who makes realistic decisions on the field, is differentiated in style of play, has clear differences in ability (but can beat you with strong tactics), and doesn't score cheap goals. You should experience fun, fluid and imaginative football with realistic stats. Enjoy!

Last edited by zjac7; 01-05-2015 at 05:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2014, 08:42 PM   #2
Rookie

zjac7's Arena

Re: ZJac7's FIFA 15 Fluid Gameplay Sliders

I've made a couple of quick updates in the OP highlighted in blue, I've also added settings for use with semi-assisted controls.

Last edited by zjac7; 11-30-2014 at 09:30 AM.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:16 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hi, the First SORRY for my Bad english.....
I read every Day the slider but i See Never slider for normal Speed.
Youre slider are very good And THX !!!! I Play Ever Tele Broadcast 20/0

I Play World class because i think with legendery the Ki cheatet!
I have pass error 65 but by more make the Ki too much error for me.
First Touch for Ki is 80,. This good because the Ki Need More Time for controll the Ball And the rb/lb. can run in Position :-)))

I Play my Carrer with burnley And the Last Game vs Manu .
I lose 1-2 but i was Lucky by all Goals !!!! :-)
It was a very nice Game And the fullbacks from Manu was very offensiv.
Raffael makes very more runs And thefive ball in the middle scored Falcao with a great header :-))))

I lost the Game but it was a amazing Game , because the Wings so more in Aktion!!!

Thanks!!!

Last edited by Shinji; 12-03-2014 at 06:28 AM.
Old 12-03-2014, 06:32 AM   #4
Rookie

How many fouls have you in a game?!??!
I play 8min an and have only 1-4 fouls.......
Old 12-03-2014, 09:56 AM   #5
Rookie

zjac7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji
I've been seeing 7-8 but I play at 15 minutes...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2014, 08:03 PM   #6
Rookie

Zjac I really appreciate your work on sliders in the past. One question: when you say semi/assisted, do you mean semi in pass, shoot, and cross and then assisted in through balls and lobs? Or do you play full manual on through balls? Thanks. Great sliders btw.
Old 12-05-2014, 10:09 PM   #7
Rookie

zjac7's Arena

Yes, assisted through balls and lobs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-06-2014, 03:08 PM   #8
Rookie

NightRaven3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji
Its all about the refs this year, if you want to see fouls the ref has to have at least one category be strict whether its fouls or cards

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »