Home

FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-02-2015, 08:29 PM   #3265
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
I get all that, but here's my thing, Matt's pretty meticulous, he doesn't make changes just to make them. He had to see something, in order to make the change. I just don't see it. For me its a huge huge negative, deal breaker even, and I'm puzzled why its there???
Actually it's just where we left off. We had that set up before the other values came across. It was initially to combat the overly dominate CPU attack, that was uber direct and uber unrealistic (How often does a CM get unotuched in the middle of the pitch). In addition it fixed the issue where the community (not just on this thread) says you can't speed past the CPU - welp, proved them wrong didn't we .

Basically, It was one of the first we had early in the night, and just never came back to it. Tonight we build on that. But it's important that we get the feedback - which yours, of course, is spot on. You actually tested it and gave feedback. Welcome back, dude.

This is the beauty of slider testing. We can start eliminating certain values to isolate others. I think the pass error is real key, whereas before set F we thought the accel discrepancy was real key. It's nice to experiment, but we simply ran out of time. This is why it's even MORE ESSENTIAL that we get all the eyes possible on everything, because we simply run out of time. (I clocked out after 2 1/2 hours of testing, approx 2 AM.)

Tonight, I'll be on at 9 PM CST, going to test some values, and of course sprint/acc will be first priority there, marking, run frequency and probably some line settings - but not much.

In the meantime, reaper is online right now

http://www.twitch.tv/isureaper31
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2015, 08:31 PM   #3266
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

I just streamed this game, and statistically it was perfect. It was also very fun.

SET F with 50/50 Acceleration

24 shots, 3 goals, even number of tackles, 6 fouls. The CPU not only shot from distance but scored from distance...twice.

I nearly equalized but hit the bar in the 86th minute. Awesome.

The things that I believe are standing out in this newest set:

Shot Error and Pass Error - perfect from my point of view

FB Positioning - Baines was going MIA far less often. Like, only once?

First Touch - if 70 helps mitigate the reduction in Pass Error, it's working.

Old 12-02-2015, 08:54 PM   #3267
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Yeah that was a great match, Gnemi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Actually it's just where we left off. We had that set up before the other values came across. It was initially to combat the overly dominate CPU attack, that was uber direct and uber unrealistic (How often does a CM get unotuched in the middle of the pitch). In addition it fixed the issue where the community (not just on this thread) says you can't speed past the CPU - welp, proved them wrong didn't we .

Basically, It was one of the first we had early in the night, and just never came back to it. Tonight we build on that. But it's important that we get the feedback - which yours, of course, is spot on. You actually tested it and gave feedback. Welcome back, dude.

This is the beauty of slider testing. We can start eliminating certain values to isolate others. I think the pass error is real key, whereas before set F we thought the accel discrepancy was real key. It's nice to experiment, but we simply ran out of time. This is why it's even MORE ESSENTIAL that we get all the eyes possible on everything, because we simply run out of time. (I clocked out after 2 1/2 hours of testing, approx 2 AM.)

Tonight, I'll be on at 9 PM CST, going to test some values, and of course sprint/acc will be first priority there, marking, run frequency and probably some line settings - but not much.

In the meantime, reaper is online right now

http://www.twitch.tv/isureaper31
Reaper had to bounce - so I am streaming now:

Accel 50/50
Run Freq 5/5 - just curious, relax

http://www.twitch.tv/matt10l
Old 12-02-2015, 11:27 PM   #3268
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Yeah that was a great match, Gnemi.

Reaper had to bounce - so I am streaming now:

Accel 50/50
Run Freq 5/5 - just curious, relax

http://www.twitch.tv/matt10l
So, I'm sold on 49/49 Acceleration. There, happy - no Human Advantage :P

Also, I LOVE 5/5 run frequency. Builds the proper attack, forces strategy versus mindless sprinting up and down the pitch. Pass variety, everything.

Updating the OP. I think we're uber close now. The only thing I'm going to look at since Accel for CPU is at 49 instead of 47, to nail down Pass Error. After that, think we are good to go..............
Old 12-03-2015, 12:19 AM   #3269
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
So, I'm sold on 49/49 Acceleration. There, happy - no Human Advantage :P

Also, I LOVE 5/5 run frequency. Builds the proper attack, forces strategy versus mindless sprinting up and down the pitch. Pass variety, everything.

Updating the OP. I think we're uber close now. The only thing I'm going to look at since Accel for CPU is at 49 instead of 47, to nail down Pass Error. After that, think we are good to go..............
Add on to this and 45 Pass Speed may help to keep it at 40 pass error. I tried the pass error up to 50 and the direct play came back. So 40 pass error is important, and I think 45 pass speed may take it to that point in which the FT control does what it's supposed to.

So adjustments to the OP are 49/49 accel, 5 run freq, and 45 pass speed. Please test exactly as posted
Old 12-03-2015, 12:51 AM   #3270
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

I just got HIGHLY annoyed by 40 pass speed, so yeah, it needs to go up. 45 sounds right.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:15 AM   #3271
Rookie

EDGE757's Arena

OVR: 0

Just tried F as is. Napoli vs Empoli. I was Napoli playing away. Game ended 3-3. Noticed a few things. I was able to dribble around the CPU in the box with ease. Scored a couple of times by just turning on the CPU defender without much opposition. Empoli was also using a lot of ping pong passing. I know I'm not the best Fifa defender, but it was the first time I can remember the CPU taking 30 shots against me. They were bombarding me with shots, mostly outside the box. They could easily pass to the top of the box, turn and fire. Now, this was just one game. But, those were my impressions, small sample size and all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2015, 01:32 AM   #3272
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

12/3/15: Enjoying the change to acceleration of 49/49, run frequency at 5/5 and pass speed at 45/45.

SET F - with 12/3/15 adjustments in RED.
World Class/Legendary, 10-15 Mins, Semi/Manual
Slow/Normal (User Preference), Legacy or Tactical Defending

Sprint Speed- 40/40 - Just following the consensus of the majority's enjoyment of lower Sprint speed, but not so low jogging animation dominates.

Acceleration- 49/49 (previous 49/47)
*Acceleration in the 40's is key to establishing better animations and proper physics throughout the pitch. This also allows the passes by the CPU to be off target, on occasion, combined with the high FT error. The acceleration also allows the players to stay within themselves, where they do not over-commit constantly, and are not constantly out of position. In addition to this set up, the user cannot easily burst past the CPU anymore as before with the discrepancy.*

Shot Error- 55/55 - Personal preference, but have not had many complaints. If I could sell this I would pay attention to the shot variety from the CPU and user. Before there was mention that the CPU doesn't use finesse shooting, well now you see it quite a bit - and some of the close chances are breath-taking to watch at times. No professional football player can strike the ball perfect, everytime. Look on youtube and find your favorite player, and you will find them with blooper reels a plenty.

Pass Error: 40/40 (previous 55/55)
*Yes, the weird one that stands out. However, at higher values it had seemed like the CPU didn't really care who they passed to or in what manner. Basically it seemed that they were not focused on keeping possession - but only on how to attack the quickest way possible. Along with the line setting adjustments, the lower pass error of 40 really brings in a purposeful attack by the CPU. They will take their time, they will use the width of the pitch, and they be less about direct attacking - and more about building up to the attack. You must be disciplined in your defending here.*

Shot Speed- 51/51 - Relevant to the GK ability being lower, this allows a little bit more of a dynamic save mechanic with deflected balls versus just cushioned saves or even cushioned diving saves, etc. A hard shot should be met with a hard deflection, depending on shot location of course.

Pass Speed- 45/45 (previous 40/40)
*Moving pass speed up in attempt to compensate for the increased CPU acceleration from 47. The CPU was able to misplay the ball at 47 accel because they simply couldn't keep up with the passes. So now with the increase in speed, it will create the same effect relative to the acceleration, but also take into account of the higher FT control error.

Injury Freq - 66/66 - No changes here, have not done any research/testing.

Injury Severity- 40/40 - No changes here, have not done any research/testing.

GK Ability- 10/10 - Found that 10 is right in the sweet spot of allowing shots to go in, but also allow the keeper to make reaction saves which are indicated by the animation of the ball not hitting their hands at times. In addition it makes the reactions look less predictable whereas on higher values before the keepers hands would come up the second the shooter made contact with the ball, before direction was even established.

Marking- 50/50 - Jury still out here. Trying to figure out what is the balance between proper pressure/coverage and the thresholds of ADD (Attention Deficit Defending, where the players are trying to mark those around them versus the ball carrier when needed).

Run Frequency- 5/5 (previous 45/45)
*Makes the game less chaotic, more controlled build up, more realistic start and stop where necessary. CPU attack is not affected by run frequency at all. This is a common misunderstanding among those that modify sliders. The lower run frequency also brings in the defense to be more posted up to the attackers because they are not spent chasing down every player throughout the pitch.

Line settings have to compliment several other values, from Sprint, Accel, Marking, Run Frequency and FB Positioning.

Height: 52/52 (previous 50/50)
*An increase in height always is necessary because the defensive line just sits too far back as it is. Slight increase for now, we will see how it looks further in testing.*

Length: 51/50 (previous 45/45)
*A discrepancy in length because adjusting marking can be an ADD-fest unfortunately. So creating a slight line increase for the user pushes the players slightly closer together - but not so close that the positions are compromised.*

Width: 50/50 (previous 55/55)
*The issue found on 55/55 is the FB was pushed up to the sidelines on attacks when the ball is deep at the top of the box. On defense, the outside midfielders were running into their FB, and not tucked in enough goal-side, resulting in some very open play at the top of the box.*

FB: 40/40 (previous 50/50)
*On default the FBs really get up the pitch. This results in some very easy counters running back, but also makes attack more direct - resulting in an end to end match.*

FT: 70/70 (previous 50/50)
*Thank goodness we can raise this up. The pressure to perform is still there (despite the pass error value) and you can still put proper pressure on the CPU to make things happen. Matches now come down to your skill and not being cheated by the CPU*

*PowerBar is personal preference*

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »