Home

FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-04-2015, 11:20 AM   #3369
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Increase shot error further and you'll see less 'clean' shots. Can you imagine shot speed at 52? I personally thought it was interesting because as you increase shot speed, the less you see of the dipping shot occurrence that every player seems to possess in their shooting bag.

I have tried tactical several times - but legacy is just what I'm used to, no point in changing if it ain't broke.
I don't have issue really with the amount of error in shots at 55. That's fine. It's just the speed of the shot physic animations. At 51 it's way too fast at times to me, especially relative to the slower passing speed and other slowed down values. No worries though, to each's own I guess.

Maybe I'll give Legacy a try. Always thought it WAS broke (the reason why it was replaced, no?) but haven't played it since it was replaced so maybe they've improved it.
Old 12-04-2015, 11:25 AM   #3370
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

I have such a love/hate relationship with this thread

I play games with sliders and I LOVE them. I play games with default and I LOVE them. Then I play games with each and I HATE them.

Am I wrong with the following assessment...

Games played on default give you a better variety of play, as teams play 'more true' to their tactics, but with sliders, you generally get a more 'realistic' (see: less arcade) game?
Old 12-04-2015, 11:43 AM   #3371
Rookie

Jcrome's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Seriously, guys - LOL, we're complaining about good passing by the user on a pass error of 40, well yeah. It was just to stay uniform to the CPU's.

I'll make it easy though and change it to 50/40. Again, like I said a few pages back - these are the obvious changes as the set gets finalized, shouldn't be part of the feedback - we all know the effectiveness of pass error for the user

Not meant to be snobbish or anything - but come on ...
Okay yea 50/40 feels better I think. Also it wasn't neccessarily the good passing more just I was wondering how players passing stats effected how they played in game. But yea 50 seems to be good

Also I'm wondering do you guys think using a strange formation may throw off the balance of the game. This year I've been only using 3 at the back with 1 CB and 2 FB b/c I feel like CB's don't really do anything a CDM can't do in career mode. I'm just wondering do you think playing like this would give me an unfair advantage as opposed to a more normal formation with the slider set or should it be more or less irrelevant.

Last edited by Jcrome; 12-04-2015 at 11:46 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2015, 11:58 AM   #3372
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalMindz
Yes I'm noticing too that 40 pass error is leading to some unrealistic passing abilities. Problem is, it's not just for user. I might go back to using a higher error for CPU too as I liked those settings better. Seeing lower-rated CDMs and defenders making killer difficult passes isn't especially realistic imo.

Yeah im getting like for cpu 97% passing and its from teams like west brom etc never drops below 95% just crap fifa after the 1.04 patch now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2015, 12:10 PM   #3373
Pro

1860fan's Arena

Hi Matt wanted to ask Marking now 53/53 or better 50/50 to let??
please reply..
Old 12-04-2015, 12:17 PM   #3374
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalMindz
Yes I'm noticing too that 40 pass error is leading to some unrealistic passing abilities. Problem is, it's not just for user. I might go back to using a higher error for CPU too as I liked those settings better. Seeing lower-rated CDMs and defenders making killer difficult passes isn't especially realistic imo.
Seeing teams carved up by a simple pass to the forward, who then waits for a sprinting midfielder, everytime, isn't realistic either.

The lower pass error forces them to build up. It's not the be all, end all, though. It just means that we are getting inside the head of the CPU players - and what their triggers are. What is the logical reason they would be less attack-attack on a lower pass error? The answer, to me, is that they are geared for a target percentage so the safest pass is to where there are not as many players around.

Here's the beauty of why pass error at 40 worked at lower accelerations. The players can't keep up with the pace of the pass, and cannot react fast enough (acceleration is just as much as the reaction slider than anything). The dilemma with acceleration lowered is 1. bursting, and 2. fatigue (For user) conservation.

So, that is why the sliders are built around to compensate for the lower pass error.

Keep in mind, everyone, pass error at 40 is the start - has anyone tried going higher but under 50? (49 comes to mind).

--------------------
Several times we ask in this thread to provide feedback and then if you had an issue, what was the value you changed. This is not a right or wrong answer - but a chance to get feedback and open lines of communication. Often times I see posts, not to mention threads, that go against the art of collaboration and legitimate community aspect of what is done on this thread. Every single value in here is a product of what feedback has been received throughout the thread, and throughout Twitch streams. It's not like one person jumped in and posted their set - then said, have at it.

So, please keep that bolded part in consideration when joining in on the testing, feedback is great - but also needs a proposed solution alongside. Thanks as always!
Old 12-04-2015, 12:27 PM   #3375
Rookie

Jcrome's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm gonna stream probably like 2 games first with 50/40 pass error and then I'm gonna try like 45/40. http://www.twitch.tv/jcrome64
Idk why it says I'm playing madden but whatever lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2015, 12:37 PM   #3376
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcrome
I'm gonna stream probably like 2 games first with 50/40 pass error and then I'm gonna try like 45/40. http://www.twitch.tv/jcrome64
Idk why it says I'm playing madden but whatever lol.
Could you try 50/49, please?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »