Home

FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2015, 12:03 PM   #57
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Wait, you mean the yearly cry of "I swear that patch changed the gameplay!" isn't true?! Shocking.

Can't wait to pop these sliders in tomorrow and get some games in!
It's a great game, a football fan's game if that makes any sense. The ebb and flow of a match just feels right, the clash of tactics/formations just feels right. Last year I felt you could run any formation out there against any other and it didn't really matter, not so this year. You really need to react to what your opponent is trying to do, sometimes it's just a matter of being outgunned and being forced to park the bus, other times it's maybe a switch of formation in order to get a better match-up, and others it's simply throwing more guys forward in an attempt to score a late equalizer. It all just plays out so beautifully. Tactics matter, formations matter, skill matters. Team individuality may not be on the level of PES, same thing with player ID, but each game still manages to feel fresh because of what I mentioned above.
Old 09-21-2015, 12:39 PM   #58
Pro

OVR: 0

Indeed all true! Teams donīt play according to their real life counterparts, but they do play diferently, something that didnīt happen last year.

Also like Orion said, its wonderfull how you can dominate a weak team, and then be destroyed by a top team in the next match!
In WC, I won against sovenia 2-0 on a tight match, only after bringing more players into the midfield. They were constantly winning the ball and creating too many chances, so I brought in another DM, and their passing chances just vanished... after that they tried lob balls and risky passes but with no success and I slowly started to buildup more and more until I had enough chances to score.

That was good to build up my own morale, as before I was totaly wasted by Uruguay with a 4-0 loss!!! They played on the counter and actually took long to score the first, but I was so convinced of my teamīs quality and aparent midfield domination, that I didnīt change anything in tactics and formation, even after Uruguayīs chances on target.
I got really frustrated but in the end, it was quite acceptable. WC can be realllyyy hard if we donīt do the correct things...
Old 09-21-2015, 12:56 PM   #59
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
First thing,gameplay speed has not changed, not in the slightest. From what I've seen of the patch, most of the work was "under the hood" stuff, very little in the way of gameplay, maybe slightly better keeper reactions? Overall I am so pleased with the game.
What I like most I think is the fact that you can absolutely control a game with a superior club, something you really could not do in the past. Using good passing clubs like Arsenal I've been able to hold 65% possession and more against inferior competition, great stuff!
Why not try and have a challenge and play as a small club? surely that's what the game is really all about? nOthing better than trying to get your team from league two to premiership. I almost managed it with Burton on legendary mode. believe me it's much more rewarding than winning every game easily as a top team?
Old 09-21-2015, 01:32 PM   #60
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrycurran62
Why not try and have a challenge and play as a small club? surely that's what the game is really all about? nOthing better than trying to get your team from league two to premiership. I almost managed it with Burton on legendary mode. believe me it's much more rewarding than winning every game easily as a top team?
Oh, that was just a friendly, I would never use a big club in a CM, I was just making a point about what was possible. Going by your name I'm guessing you're a Wednesday fan?
#WAWAW mate!
My usual CM if of course the Owls, but I'm looking for something outside of England this year. As you've said, building up a club over time is really where this game shines, and although I guess it's fun winning trophy after trophy with one of the Titans, it's just not for me. In fact I have NEVER won a trophy in a FIFA game.

Last edited by orion523; 09-21-2015 at 01:36 PM.
Old 09-21-2015, 01:55 PM   #61
Rookie

Benja190782's Arena

I'll ask again...

Is there a way to make the CPU reactions more human? The CPU reactions are lightning fast on World Class and Legendary.
Can it be toned down with sliders??

Another thing I notice every year is how hard it is to win a header on WC and Legendary. But if you play on Semi-pro or Pro, the headers are much more equal between the CPU and Human! And more fun!

I'm on XB1 and press LT to fight for position before the header, but the CPU is too strong on WC and Legendary!

Can it be fixed with sliders??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2015, 01:58 PM   #62
Pro

Now that I think of, only last year I was able to win the Europa league in Fifa and a domestic cup with SC Braga. Never achieved the championship or even the Champions League. It was my 3rd season and I had a pretty solid team. I remember though my first career mode was with Barnsley, and it was great to manage this team and find players on lown to improve it.

This time, I will start again in my country but with a "smaller" team. Thatīs were the fun is after all. But I do like to grow up and eventually move to bigger clubs. Never did it last year because of slider changes wich made me start career mode around 3 times. But still, 3 seasons is my personal record, hope this year I can go further...
Old 09-21-2015, 02:02 PM   #63
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benja190782
I'll ask again...

Is there a way to make the CPU reactions more human? The CPU reactions are lightning fast on World Class and Legendary.
Can it be toned down with sliders??

Another thing I notice every year is how hard it is to win a header on WC and Legendary. But if you play on Semi-pro or Pro, the headers are much more equal between the CPU and Human! And more fun!

I'm on XB1 and press LT to fight for position before the header, but the CPU is too strong on WC and Legendary!

Can it be fixed with sliders??
From my experience, lowering Acceleration reduces the reaction speed, but might bring other issues. Maybe you should stay with Pro until you find it too easy. I do see what youīre refering to, and I believe thereīll be some solution soon, but for now, game feels so much better than last year, that I really donīt care, I just try to keep up.

About headers, I donīt think thereīs such disavantage in WC. In fact, I think itss better. Now I feel that I only win headers with good aerial players, not with small or weak players. Itīs more tactical now, if we donīt have strong aerial players, then we have to find our way through ground.

Last edited by xicpanad; 09-21-2015 at 02:05 PM.
Old 09-21-2015, 02:07 PM   #64
Rookie

Downloaded the game last night, and played all morning. I have to say, I am really impressed with EA. Seems like they realltly tried to go for realism over flash this time.

I started my annual Southampton CM. So far, I have really enjoyed it. Defense is once again something you can do with pride. Slide tackles aren't just for moments of desperation. Defending actually feels like a battle, instead of a siege. Controlling a defender is responsive, even when you get beat you can recover if you're smart. I like it.

The midfield actually matters! Last year it felt like less than 10% of the action occurred in the middle of the pitch. This year you really do feel like you are orchestrating your team. No more just wishing down the sidelines with the wingers. Makes the game feel very alive in the meaty parts of the field of play. These were the two biggest flaws with last year's game, and its nice to see EA address them.

Offensively, a few niggles were discovered. Mostly with the passing. There are times when the ball seems to get drawn to the nearest guy, not necessarily who you were passing it to. Say, for example, you're trying to switch the field of play. If there is a guy midway between you and the guy on the other side the ball will take a weird angle to get to the middleman. Doesn't happen all the time, but enough to be noticeable. I do like that early crosses and high crosses feel very different thid year and serve their purpose. The ground game is great though, when its clicking it feels just as fluid, and conducive to creativity as PES. Although, it still suffered from the nagging assisted feeling, even on manual.

Presentation and graphics are great, of course. The new touches like the commentators talking about the recent transfers from around the league are nice touch.

I was done with FIFA after last year, having played 16 thoug... Well, to quote the boss of bosses, "Just when I thought I was our, they pull me back in."

Can't wait to work on these sliders. Orion's changes felt great. I might play with the pass speed though. Right now it feels like passes are lacking a little bit of weight. Other than that, pretty happy so far. Two great football games in one year!

Last edited by TeleTex82; 09-21-2015 at 02:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »