Home

Match engine thoughts - to make better sliders

This is a discussion on Match engine thoughts - to make better sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2015, 11:40 AM   #9
MVP

pfeifere1's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Match engine thoughts - to make better sliders

Yasendi, do you have any stats from your matches?
Old 10-01-2015, 05:54 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Atlitco Madrid 3
Olimpiakos 0

Wolfsburg

Sassuolo P

Byern Munich

Anderlecht 1

Benfica

Tarabzon 1

Juventus

LA Galaxies 0

Liverpool

Ajax 1

Dortmund

Basel 1

Zenit

Leicester City 4

Seville

Al Ittihad 0

Lazio

San Lorenzo 0

Barcelona

Athletic Bilbao 0

Monaco

Sao Paulo 0
Old 10-01-2015, 05:55 PM   #11
Rookie

P mean team won by penalties
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2015, 07:15 PM   #12
Rookie

yasendi, could you post your thinking behind the settings you have used...

Why is keeper so low for example?
What are your target Game stats, and player ratings etc...

I would like this thread to be about thought on the match engine, and why you/we adjust sliders to.... and what You/We want to achieve.

Playing at Pro level - im going to look to see if i can find a statement about how the different levels work. Didn't realize that World Class was the second highest level (lol). Have watched a few games at Pro level. I didnt see any big difference off hand.

I think maybe I/We might need to run some adjusted test games... Set up teams to play a certain way like long ball, fast, slow etc.. and forget about player skills, and see if the engine has styles?

Was surprised to see that Arsenal was not using a Possession style for example, but rather a fast counter style (lower pressure, high speed, mid range passing).

At Pro level - do you think sliders should go up to make game play harder?

Thank you for participating.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:08 PM   #13
Rookie

Sprint 52/52 (Above 50 so AI can create pressure when on defence also fast players like Neymar or Depay make some good runs, I f left at 50 the defending part will be waiting for too long)
Acceleration 50/50
Shot Error 35/35 (I need more goals at matches)
Pass Error 56/56 (increasing this has higher impact on weak teams so create a difference between for example Barca and Watford, if left at 50 all teams do Barca style)
Shot Speed 51/51 (I want more goals)
Pass Speed 42/42 (To all bad passes to be intercepted to avoid teh tici taca by weak teams)
Injury Freq 60/60 (Need more injuries, not working though)
Injury Severity 40/40 (useless slider)
GK Ability 15/15 (need more goals)
Marking 50/50
Run Freq. 50/50
Height 55/55 (create more space for manuevering for attackers)
Length 48/48 (same)
Width 48/48 (allow attacking backs for some space to run)
Fullbacks 65/65 (More support from backs for attacking football)
First Touch 57/57(create differentiation between weak and good teams)

So basically , I wanted a bigger difference between teams as well as more goals in matches as I only play 10 minutes halves
Old 10-01-2015, 10:09 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBossa

At Pro level - do you think sliders should go up to make game play harder?

Thank you for participating.
Yes if you want to play against it. There is a separate thread for that in this forum. My focus is on CPU vs CPU
Old 10-09-2015, 07:06 PM   #15
Rookie

Post patch 1.02 (Oct 6th)

Frustrated sigh - what have they done!

I just cant put my finger on it, but the game has changed, and not for the better.

I would like peoples feed back post Patch, Im having trouble now finding the fix, i just cant seem to find the sweet spot.

Keepers: i thought they were perfect, but now they seem easy to beat. Im now seeing scores of 4-3, 5-1 etc... But when i watch the highlights they dont really have a chance to make saves, because the shots are too perfectly placed (top corners, clipping posts etc..).

So How do you fix this?

Shooting : is the solution to increase the shot error - well no? I tried this and all it does is lower the shots on target. But the shots that are on target are far to perfect (as above)

Im now see games of my preferred stats of 20 shots total, half on target - but now they score like 80% rather than the 50% max i want.

Is it better player movement, so they get better looks? I found a sweet spot at 27 (IMO) but are the runs just too good now? I like that im getting my 20 shots a game - sigh.

Is it worse marking- are attackers more open? well i dont think so, im actually seeing more tackles/intercepts post patch. But if they miss then its trouble for them.

Dribbling: i am seeing players beating defenders of the dribble more, mostly wide players. this allows for better crosses - headed goals, or far post tap ins.

These are my two day observations - i may be completely wrong, as i said im a little lost now as to how to fix the problems im seeing.

To be clear - my old slider base ideas, still give me the game play i enjoy. The games are still competitive and challenging, im just seeing to many goals now?

Im trying increasing the keeper slider and lowering the shot speed (like FIFA 15) in the hopes of fixing this.

Please, Please post your thoughts on the game play post patch, give me and others ideas...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2015, 02:57 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've been doing my own testing on this since FIFA 16 came out. I only play this game in BaP mode, so for me, it is important to get the CPU vs. CPU sliders right. I too thought I had something to work with before the update. I tried variations of the OS community sliders, but nothing seemed to work. So, I started from scratch, default, that is. I play on WC, 10 min. I also installed a mod from soccergaming that allows for CPU vs CPU in career mode and tournaments, so I can avoid having to copy game data to spreadsheets.

What I found was the most effective at the cpu creating chances is the Marking attribute. I'd done a lot of slider testing in FIFA 13 and now with FIFA 16, and what I found is that the AI makes decisions based on what it 'thinks' it can do. If you increase pass error & lower pass speed, for example, the AI will adjust its decision making and nearly always go for the 'safe' pass. Marking effects the decision as well in that with default, the offensive AI does not think it can make that pass up to the forward, so he passes it sideways.

I'm still tweaking these, but I think this is a base to work with:

Sprint: 50
Acceleration: 49
Shot Error: 53
Pass Error: 50
Shot Speed: 53
Pass Speed: 50
Injury Frequency: 65
Injury Severity: 30
GK Ability: 15
Marking: 10
Run Frequency: 50
Line Height: 50
Line Length: 58
Line Width: 55
Fullbacks: 52
First Touch: 40

I went with these and started a career with Philadelphia Union as a CDM. I played in about 10 or so games and actually goals were very high, the team was worst in the league in goals against. I don't have the exact figures since I'm at work right now.

I think this is a product of the league being a higher level than my test league. I created a tournament for the Airtricity League (Irish) and was getting good results in shots, SoT, & goals. It may be a matter of tweaking the sliders depending on what level of league you are watching/playing in. I'm back to testing, trying to find a good mix of chances, goals, saves and I'd like to see more fouls and cards as well. I made a new custom tournament with a mix of Mexican & MLS teams and will test that over the next few days.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »