Home

Pro.5 - The Purgatory Between Professional & World Class

This is a discussion on Pro.5 - The Purgatory Between Professional & World Class within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2016, 05:19 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Pro.5 - The Purgatory Between Professional & World Class

Anyone know if these are still good for the 1.05 patch? Literally can't play the game anymore because it feels too hard. Wanted to give these adjustments a try.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2016, 12:58 AM   #42
Rookie

Really don't know if it's still working. Give them a try and tell us XD

Have you tried out Matt's Holiday set ?
Old 01-16-2016, 12:34 PM   #43
Rookie

Long post I know but this is for those stuck in slider hell...

Been reading the slider thread for the past several months looking for a "fix" to this game. It has turned into something of an Onion parody. It is my goal to play the game as close to default settings as possible, using 10 min halves on WC difficulty, while trying to achieve a realistic game. Here, in my humble option, is a way out for those of you, like me, who just want to play the game and move beyond the OCD slider world.

There is a huge difference between Tactical and Legacy defending. While Legacy gives you very realistic physical play, it makes the game too easy because it is not programmed to respond to this mode. Meaning the CPU is built for Tactical mode. So my thoughts are based on playing in Tactical.

You must accept there are variances in the game. A lot of people seem to label this as "inconsistent" but its only inconsistent as are humans. For example, if EA had Chelsea playing like they are this season we'd say the game is "off." The inconsistencies in the game are not faults but rather they represent variances in play (more later) that I think are lost on some. This primarily revolves around the use of the strategy buttons that on the XBOX are mapped to the D-Pad.

For my play I give a slight downgrade to the CPU acceleration (49) to compensate for quicker CPU reactions on WC/LEG settings. The only other slider I touch is the shot speed. For that I use 57 for both CPU and Human. With these subtle changes the game plays beautifully and gives massive variance. Here's why....

The shot speed (between 55 & 60) negates the behind the back unrealistic saves that are a feature at default settings. It also has the knock on effect of actually helping the CPU because (and credit to the programmers) the CPU takes a lot of shots out of the box that, at default, have little chance of success. At a higher setting the shot speed is realistic yet not overly effective.

Using these settings now for a full season of Premier League (Stoke) and Bundesliga (BMG). In those 2 seasons since the 1.05 release I've had incredibly varied game play and really great games and some bores as well...but that is football. Here's what I've learned by not screwing with the sliders too much. The "inconsistencies" I used to see and continually tried to fix seemed to be around the use of D-PAD strategies used in game. I used to not implement these regularly because I thought they were broken or just bad. I thought sliders were the answer. Mistake.

On the D-Pad, pushing left or right gives you "Defensive" or "Attacking" pushes. Using the Up and Down gives you changes to your players positioning within your formation. On the higher settings the CPU uses these settings aggressively, which is why when you jump from PROFESSIONAL setting to WC setting the CPU is more aggressive and "in your face." It’s because it utilizes the "Attacking" setting more frequently. Now if you do not counter this action the game then becomes unbalanced. Find yourself pinned back and can't get out of your own half? CPU locked in passing one twos around you? Most people say this is where the game is broken and inconsistent. I think that's wrong. Here's why.

The labels for the D-PAD strategies are just mislabeled, in my opinion. Rather than "attacking" or "defensive" they are rather "aggressive" and "passive". Meaning…I used to employ a "Defensive" or "Ultra Defensive" setting when I got pinned back. I almost always conceded a goal. This led me to think the game was broken. I used to then go to sliders and try to fix...this is never ending!

Rather than using sliders to fix these variances the way out is to match the CPU strategy. It may be counterintuitive to think "Attacking" or "Ultra Attacking" is great at defense but it matches the CPU “aggression” thereby making animations and play even. Once you recognize that these inconsistencies in the game are actually “strategy games" within the game between you and the CPU you'll stop with the sliders. This is why I referred to the "Tactical" versus "Legacy" in the beginning. EA is literal here. The game is programmed to be used on "Tactical" settings, which is why you must use the Tactical methods in the game OR you will forever think it’s off. If you stay in "Neutral" mode and you don't match the CPU aggression in strategy implementation (or you don’t use the D-Pad at all) then you will forever be locked in this inconsistent view. So if you’re pinned back…implement an offside trap, D-Pad right and go “attacking” or “ultra attacking”…bottom line is there are several ways to strategically work your way beyond the CPU’s aggressive passing/possession.

As you can witness in the other "slider" threads they are never ending. This is because as you play the game the CPU will have multiple ways in which it implements the D-PAD strategies...every game is different so no matter what sliders you change there will always be a knock on effect of those sliders changing the game in other ways.

By just slightly changing the CPU reactions and increasing the shot speeds (for both!) you can overcome the only problems in the game on the higher settings and that is overly successful goal keeping and a CPU reaction advantage. Keeping the others at the default settings still allows for incredibly varied play and you don't have to continually change sliders looking for the perfect game.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:06 PM   #44
Just started!

The below tips have been a revelation for me. Games are entertaining playing as a League 2 side (Morecambe FC). I lose some and I win some with no game feeling the same. I am playing 10 minutes slow on Legendary with 55 shot power for human & cpu with 49 acc for cpu. Thanks for the tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roswell0075
Long post I know but this is for those stuck in slider hell...

Been reading the slider thread for the past several months looking for a "fix" to this game. It has turned into something of an Onion parody. It is my goal to play the game as close to default settings as possible, using 10 min halves on WC difficulty, while trying to achieve a realistic game. Here, in my humble option, is a way out for those of you, like me, who just want to play the game and move beyond the OCD slider world.

There is a huge difference between Tactical and Legacy defending. While Legacy gives you very realistic physical play, it makes the game too easy because it is not programmed to respond to this mode. Meaning the CPU is built for Tactical mode. So my thoughts are based on playing in Tactical.

You must accept there are variances in the game. A lot of people seem to label this as "inconsistent" but its only inconsistent as are humans. For example, if EA had Chelsea playing like they are this season we'd say the game is "off." The inconsistencies in the game are not faults but rather they represent variances in play (more later) that I think are lost on some. This primarily revolves around the use of the strategy buttons that on the XBOX are mapped to the D-Pad.

For my play I give a slight downgrade to the CPU acceleration (49) to compensate for quicker CPU reactions on WC/LEG settings. The only other slider I touch is the shot speed. For that I use 57 for both CPU and Human. With these subtle changes the game plays beautifully and gives massive variance. Here's why....

The shot speed (between 55 & 60) negates the behind the back unrealistic saves that are a feature at default settings. It also has the knock on effect of actually helping the CPU because (and credit to the programmers) the CPU takes a lot of shots out of the box that, at default, have little chance of success. At a higher setting the shot speed is realistic yet not overly effective.

Using these settings now for a full season of Premier League (Stoke) and Bundesliga (BMG). In those 2 seasons since the 1.05 release I've had incredibly varied game play and really great games and some bores as well...but that is football. Here's what I've learned by not screwing with the sliders too much. The "inconsistencies" I used to see and continually tried to fix seemed to be around the use of D-PAD strategies used in game. I used to not implement these regularly because I thought they were broken or just bad. I thought sliders were the answer. Mistake.

On the D-Pad, pushing left or right gives you "Defensive" or "Attacking" pushes. Using the Up and Down gives you changes to your players positioning within your formation. On the higher settings the CPU uses these settings aggressively, which is why when you jump from PROFESSIONAL setting to WC setting the CPU is more aggressive and "in your face." It’s because it utilizes the "Attacking" setting more frequently. Now if you do not counter this action the game then becomes unbalanced. Find yourself pinned back and can't get out of your own half? CPU locked in passing one twos around you? Most people say this is where the game is broken and inconsistent. I think that's wrong. Here's why.

The labels for the D-PAD strategies are just mislabeled, in my opinion. Rather than "attacking" or "defensive" they are rather "aggressive" and "passive". Meaning…I used to employ a "Defensive" or "Ultra Defensive" setting when I got pinned back. I almost always conceded a goal. This led me to think the game was broken. I used to then go to sliders and try to fix...this is never ending!

Rather than using sliders to fix these variances the way out is to match the CPU strategy. It may be counterintuitive to think "Attacking" or "Ultra Attacking" is great at defense but it matches the CPU “aggression” thereby making animations and play even. Once you recognize that these inconsistencies in the game are actually “strategy games" within the game between you and the CPU you'll stop with the sliders. This is why I referred to the "Tactical" versus "Legacy" in the beginning. EA is literal here. The game is programmed to be used on "Tactical" settings, which is why you must use the Tactical methods in the game OR you will forever think it’s off. If you stay in "Neutral" mode and you don't match the CPU aggression in strategy implementation (or you don’t use the D-Pad at all) then you will forever be locked in this inconsistent view. So if you’re pinned back…implement an offside trap, D-Pad right and go “attacking” or “ultra attacking”…bottom line is there are several ways to strategically work your way beyond the CPU’s aggressive passing/possession.

As you can witness in the other "slider" threads they are never ending. This is because as you play the game the CPU will have multiple ways in which it implements the D-PAD strategies...every game is different so no matter what sliders you change there will always be a knock on effect of those sliders changing the game in other ways.

By just slightly changing the CPU reactions and increasing the shot speeds (for both!) you can overcome the only problems in the game on the higher settings and that is overly successful goal keeping and a CPU reaction advantage. Keeping the others at the default settings still allows for incredibly varied play and you don't have to continually change sliders looking for the perfect game.
Old 07-08-2016, 03:25 AM   #45
Rookie

I like the idea of this. I'm quite the beginner so will this work with Pro?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »