Home

Hardcore Simulation FIFA 16 Sliders

This is a discussion on Hardcore Simulation FIFA 16 Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2015, 12:59 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Hardcore Simulation FIFA 16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by itbeme23
I agree with your approach on your sliders. I'm no stranger to slider-making either, as I have released sets here on OS for the last three years for MLB The Show. My main goal is to always have realistic stats, but you always need to have the "fun-factor" in mind as well. After all, it IS a video game, and it's meant to be enjoyed. I definitely think you're on the right track here.

The stats are really great. As I mentioned in the my first post to the thread, my world football knowledge is limited. Being an American, my favorite sports are American football and baseball (obviously). However, FIFA is such a great video game, and with the World Cup last year, I have started to watch soccer more regularly, albeit my main exposure to the sport has been MLS games and/or International friendlies.
I am aware of the importance that you Americans give to stats. I am Portuguese, home of Cristiano Ronaldo and José Mourinho. Here football (soccer) is the nº1 national sport, by far. Almost everybody talks about football and many follow closely the national league and other countries too. I am not an expert. Never played or coached professionally neither amateur. But, like most of us man in Portugal I think I know something about the game...

Quote:
Getting back to my original point (stats), I looked up the stats for the 2015 MLS season, and compared them to the friendlies I've been playing recently (all MLS teams), and the stats are nearly perfect. Shot attempts, goals per game, corners, and possession percentages are very close to where they should be. The only thing that is slightly higher than MLS averages is the pass accuracy, which I imagine could be rectified by increasing the Pass Error slider, but that would really be nit-picking. Again, this is with me playing 15 minute halves using the 11/24 set, but I imagine the results would be very similar (if not better) playing with your 11/28 set. You've done an EXTREMELY good job with this set!!!
I am trying to get stats as close as real life as possible. (I check "whoscored.com/Statistics" for real stats). But, like you said pass accuracy is impossible to get spot on. People say pass accuracy in FIFA is broken (isn't calculated correctly). So, don't bother to look at it. Besides, increasing Pass Error doesn't have any effect on CPU pass accuracy. Even at 100 CPU still has extremely high pass accuracy percentages. It only makes CPU miss all crosses.

Quote:
I watched your WBA vs. South Hampton game earlier today (when I was supposed to be working...LOL), and it looked like something I could've watched on real-life TV!!! That header by WBA in the 88th though....what a killer!!!
LOL. Yes. That header was great! My 2 goals were also good. Note that the player that made the assist to my 2nd goal entered the pitch moments before and was able to go past the FB in speed to make the assist. That ability to make pace count is needed to get 1vs1 situations with defenders and goalies.

Quote:
I honestly don't have a whole lot of time to play these days, so I won't be able to contribute any videos. I just happened to have some spare time this weekend because of the Thanksgiving holiday here in the U.S. However, I look forward to playing more with your slider set, and I'll contribute to the thread whenever I can!
Ok. Thanks! For me it's important to have someone else to test it, so I can reduce the bias introduced by being just myself playing it.

Quote:
Once again, great work!!! Try not to get slider-itis. Like we Americans say...

"IF IT AIN'T BROKE, THEN DON'T FIX IT!!!"

Cheers.
Thanks! v1.04 just came out. Let's see how it plays...

Regards!

Last edited by ricardodc; 12-01-2015 at 01:05 PM.
Old 12-01-2015, 01:00 PM   #50
Rookie

Have you gotten a chance to play these sliders with the update thats rolling out? Any changes or tweaks?
Old 12-01-2015, 01:07 PM   #51
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Niche
Have you gotten a chance to play these sliders with the update thats rolling out? Any changes or tweaks?
I will play it just now. If you want, check it on twitch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2015, 03:09 PM   #52
MVP

Played 2 matches with the recent v1.04 (OP set). Didn't noticed major changes. Here's the stats:

Newcastle (CPU) vs Southampton

Score 1 -1
Shots 12 - 7
On target 8 - 4
Possession 48 - 52
Tackles 13 - 18
Fouls 1 - 2
Offsides 2 - 1
Corners 6 - 3
Pass accuracy 87 - 84

Southampton vs Everton (CPU)

Score 2 -0
Shots 14 - 12
On target 3 - 5
Possession 50 - 50
Tackles 21 - 32
Fouls 3 - 0
Offsides 2 - 2
Corners 7 - 3
Pass accuracy 80 - 90

Next I will try the same set just changing the Lines updated from Community sliders.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:01 PM   #53
Rookie

Gave a shot to your sliders. played some good games. I also tried with whatever line (L,W,H) were in the community sliders but to be honest I think they werent working so well with your set (destroyed ManU 5-1, 4-1). I think the original ones you have in the OP played better.

Ill do some more games today, I enjoyed the games I played with your sliders, but I am not getting many attacks from the AI (I did only play 2 matches so I need more games). I usually play with same rated clubs (West Albion vs MUnited) while testing sliders. In one game MU only got off 2 shots and one of them being a goal. I think these sliders are a good starting point and if I can get the AI to attack more and be a bit more aggressive in defense they can work out. Maybe either upping the accel or pass speed?

Thanks

Edit: I tried the Line adjustments form the community sliders from 12/1. There is an update now that I have yet to try.

Last edited by El Niche; 12-02-2015 at 01:08 PM.
Old 12-02-2015, 02:33 PM   #54
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

OVR: 5

Playing a bit today with the 11/28 set with the 1.04 update, and they're playing well. Not much of a difference that I can see, with the exception of the lack of fouls on both sides. I imagine this is due to the drop in marking to 50/60. I understand the importance of having the CPU properly defend space; however, I think we should be conscious of the fact that fouls are a big part of soccer. With marking at 60/70, I was seeing a realistic number of fouls resulting in free kicks for both sides. With marking at 50/60, I'm not seeing hardly any fouls, and free kicks are pretty much non-existent. All other stats seem to be consistent between the 11/24 and 11/28 sets, with the exception of fouls/free kicks.

Just some feedback for you to consider.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:14 PM   #55
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Niche
Gave a shot to your sliders. played some good games. I also tried with whatever line (L,W,H) were in the community sliders but to be honest I think they werent working so well with your set (destroyed ManU 5-1, 4-1). I think the original ones you have in the OP played better.

Ill do some more games today, I enjoyed the games I played with your sliders, but I am not getting many attacks from the AI (I did only play 2 matches so I need more games). I usually play with same rated clubs (West Albion vs MUnited) while testing sliders. In one game MU only got off 2 shots and one of them being a goal. I think these sliders are a good starting point and if I can get the AI to attack more and be a bit more aggressive in defense they can work out. Maybe either upping the accel or pass speed?

Thanks

Edit: I tried the Line adjustments form the community sliders from 12/1. There is an update now that I have yet to try.
Hi!

Can you give video feedback (live or saved), so we can try to figure out why CPU is not attacking and what can be done to improve it. Or maybe you are just too good for the set!

About lines, to be honest, I was counting on guys of Community Sliders to find out the best combination. Last game I saved (check my Youtube channel) I used 55/55, 45/45, 45/45. That is was I think in theory is more realistic (I believe IRL teams play more compact than I see in FIFA default).

I will just now play "West Albion vs MUnited" and save it so we can compare to your stats. Do you play the game in CM?

Regards!

Last edited by ricardodc; 12-02-2015 at 05:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2015, 05:18 PM   #56
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by itbeme23
Playing a bit today with the 11/28 set with the 1.04 update, and they're playing well. Not much of a difference that I can see, with the exception of the lack of fouls on both sides. I imagine this is due to the drop in marking to 50/60. I understand the importance of having the CPU properly defend space; however, I think we should be conscious of the fact that fouls are a big part of soccer. With marking at 60/70, I was seeing a realistic number of fouls resulting in free kicks for both sides. With marking at 50/60, I'm not seeing hardly any fouls, and free kicks are pretty much non-existent. All other stats seem to be consistent between the 11/24 and 11/28 sets, with the exception of fouls/free kicks.

Just some feedback for you to consider.
About fouls, I also did noticed the drop. Not sure if that is "Marking" fault or v1.04. Next game, I will recover 60/70 values for marking and we will see what happens.

Regards!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »