Home

Spin off slider set, Full manual, Legendary, FIFA16 sliders

This is a discussion on Spin off slider set, Full manual, Legendary, FIFA16 sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2016, 02:16 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Spin off slider set, Full manual, Legendary, FIFA16 sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanOfCornCobb
Im gonna start posting some videos of my gameplay using these sliders this weekend. 7 games into my Villareal career and im very happy. High scoring games, low scoring games with lots of chances, and low scoring games with minimal chances. My only loss so far is to Athletico Madrid 1-0. Each team had at least 13 shots and 8 on target. The goalies were hot this game. I outplayed them, but lost because of the luck of soccer. Some games there are no yellows and ive played 1 where there were 5 in the first half. Theres nothing easy about these and you have to stay disciplined for a full match for every pass or dribble. Just so happy to play full manual with a good slider set over default again.
Thanks man! Your videos are very much welcome! I have a very very bad connection at home that prevent me from uploading videos on a regular basis. So if you want to post your videos also here go ahead!

Last edited by papinho81; 05-07-2016 at 02:27 AM.
Old 05-07-2016, 05:37 PM   #18
Banned

CanOfCornCobb's Arena

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN7eYuAeevI

Crazy half against Everton playing as Southampton. 3-2 at half and eventually lost 5-3. Just couldnt handle the attacking play of Everton. I just finished a match against Watford and won 1-0. These sliders give great variety.
Old 07-17-2016, 10:26 AM   #19
Pro

Never thought I would say that but thanks to the FUT community (and EA) for this last patch!

Defensive behavior and awareness of the CPU and user AI are massively improved. The defensive line seems to be much higher on the pitch than previously. Defensive players follow and harass their man. Marking for both cpu and user seems also so much better. It is very hard to find space in the cpu defense and the user defense do not seem to be vulnerable on every CPU attack as before. Players that you do not control joins you to block your opponent (two men block) without using secondary pressure. I am not yet sure about the cpu offensive side (too few games tested so far) but their build up seems more natural, they do not use this very annoying repetition of passes between two or three players like before.

Overall I would say this patch is a great improvement to the game. I need more time on it but it seems to me much more entertaining now.

PS: I didn't change a single slider value. Luckily the set works very well with the patch 1.7

Edit: Thanks also to Matt for is great video that convinced me to connect my PS4 back!

Last edited by papinho81; 07-18-2016 at 03:38 AM.
Old 07-19-2016, 01:01 PM   #20
Rookie

Hi,

Decided to try few more slider sets and this is really good. Enjoying my games, the results vary a lot. There was only one game I was struggling a lot, almost without any chances, but it was played during rain, so it was a muddy game. Later on I got beaten by Mallorca in a friendly tournament 2-3. I lost my concentration right at the beginning of the second half and it was purely my fault and error from my end. Managed to make it 2-2, but then lost my concentration again in defence and it was the end... Thats what happens when you have guests at home. Playing my CM with FC Sion using these sliders. I will have to try hard, because I lost to Basel 4-0 at my first game. It was 0-0 most of the time, but then my main CB Ziegler got injured and all the trouble began... Few sloppy passes, too risky plays and Embolo punished me pretty hard... But the thing is, it didnt felt like being cheated or playing against super computer AI. I could prevent all the goals, I could see it all coming, but somehow I didnt.

Anyway, thanks for these sliders! Great work.
Old 07-19-2016, 02:11 PM   #21
Pro

Thanks circle!

Glad you like the set!
Basel is marching on Swiss league for several years so I would say that your lost is logic but 4-0 is a bit sever.

Just curious, what settings are you using (difficulty; tactical/legacy defending)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2016, 02:42 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by papinho81
Thanks circle!

Glad you like the set!
Basel is marching on Swiss league for several years so I would say that your lost is logic but 4-0 is a bit sever.

Just curious, what settings are you using (difficulty; tactical/legacy defending)?
Indeed. I lost it at one moment and then afterwards just let them make chance after chance. I felt I could manage a draw 0-0, but after I conceded first goal I kind of let it go, forcing to retreave ball as quick as possible and that was my mistake. Concentration and patience is the key in this game as far as I noticed. I recovered pretty well though, beat Lugano 2-1 at home and St. Gallen away 0-1. Have 6 points after 3 games. Basel marching without any mistakes so far. No surprise. It was a hard/balanced game against Lugano, but I had tons of chances against St. Gallen just couldnt realize them until late in the game. Thats really cool, the variety and shift in difficulty.

Im playing on legendary, tactical defending. 7 minute halves, slow speed. Mostly everything assisted. I havent played FIFA for a long time, so Im not that good on manual.
Old 07-22-2016, 11:26 AM   #23
Pro

OK... after 7 wins in a raw, 6 of which with 4 or more goals of difference I can safely say the patch 1.07 has made the game easier and probably to easy with the slider configuration I am using (see OP).

The problem is player ability seems to matter much less than before. Every player can complete with ease almost everything, hard passes, long shots, tackles...
For example it is now very easy to complete a perfect very long pass to a player on the other wing with Zouma using his left foot (CB rigth footer with very low technic)!

I really don't want to tweak sliders, but as it is I can't imagine myself getting my Fifa footy fix for the next 3 month (I might try a player career mode...)

So the obvious would be to nerf the CPU and to penalize the user. Error sliders could be a good start and may be increasing CPU RF? But hey, I don't feel ready to dive into this...

I will probably give default a shot to see if it plays any differently but I doubt about it...

Any thoughts?
Old 07-22-2016, 11:50 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by papinho81
OK... after 7 wins in a raw, 6 of which with 4 or more goals of difference I can safely say the patch 1.07 has made the game easier and probably to easy with the slider configuration I am using (see OP).

The problem is player ability seems to matter much less than before. Every player can complete with ease almost everything, hard passes, long shots, tackles...
For example it is now very easy to complete a perfect very long pass to a player on the other wing with Zouma using his left foot (CB rigth footer with very low technic)!

I really don't want to tweak sliders, but as it is I can't imagine myself getting my Fifa footy fix for the next 3 month (I might try a player career mode...)

So the obvious would be to nerf the CPU and to penalize the user. Error sliders could be a good start and may be increasing CPU RF? But hey, I don't feel ready to dive into this...

I will probably give default a shot to see if it plays any differently but I doubt about it...

Any thoughts?
I'm hoping, once I get in front of the game, that the error sliders are back to how they were out of the box, where they did not affect the variety of passes seen by the CPU. I want to test the threshold on them and see what side the updates err more on, whether it be 1.06 or out of the box (OOTB).

I've also noticed the ease in passing like you mentioned. I think the CPU also is overusing that drilled pass more than before, may have to put more bodies in front of the receivers, so line settings will have to be looked at.

Sorry for posting in your thread, pap - I need to make some replies in the OS slider thread, but feel free to post in there as well if you'd like to get together on coming up with something for 1.07.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »