Home

In need of sliders! Help me

This is a discussion on In need of sliders! Help me within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2016, 05:28 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hi

I need sliders to make the game more realistic for me, but the ones I've been scrolling around the forum aren't really for my taste.

I play 4-5 min halves. 5 min is quite the max length of half, perhaps 6 if it's a must.

The issues I have the World Class regular settings:

1. Theo Walcott is supposed to have pace, but gets caught up by defenders. I want pacey players to be fast and slow players to be slow. Walcott is supposed to get past them. Basically I never see any one on one situations with the goalkeeper, because there's not a fast enough player in the game.

2. My defense is often lining up in such a weird way that the opposite can basically head the ball to the net inch away from the goal line, if my goalkeeper misses to catch it. It won't be offside, because there's always one defender below the goal scorer.

3. On Legendary it seems to be reasonable to tackle the opponent or to steal the ball from them, but on World Class not so much. However, on Legendary scoring a goal is impossible, so if I could have the tackling and errors from opposite team from Legendary to World Class, that'd be great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2016, 06:17 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: In need of sliders! Help me

Unfortunately it's going to be pretty impossible for you to have a realistic football game while playing 4-5 minute halves.

Unless you want every single match to finish 0-0...
Old 06-22-2016, 12:30 PM   #3
Rookie

ISS72's Arena

"Basically I never see any one on one situations with the goalkeeper, because there's not a fast enough player in the game."

I rounded the keeper with ease just the other night (On world class) and tapped the ball into the empty net, but I was using the Dynamic camera, which makes the game a lot faster. At least on last gen anyway. It's too fast at times though and I use tweaked sliders esp for that camera setting. Scored some wonderful goals but on the flip side the CPU were so ruthless at times!

Last edited by ISS72; 06-22-2016 at 12:34 PM.
Old 06-26-2016, 09:12 AM   #4
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

I've been looking for the same! I play 6 min, allows me to get plenty of games in. I don't like all manual uber realism, I just want to have while having the AI present a challenge. Nothing quite as infuriating as the speed cheat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2016, 01:23 AM   #5
Pro

DirectFX's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimeTimmyJim
I've been looking for the same! I play 6 min, allows me to get plenty of games in. I don't like all manual uber realism, I just want to have while having the AI present a challenge. Nothing quite as infuriating as the speed cheat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here never had this big of a problem in Career Mode as I do this year usually quitting a month or so in getting frustrated. I like to play 5-6min as I like to play 90-100% of the games in career mode and I don't have time to play 15min slow games as they take too long to complete. RTG Career is great if cup is challenge and play every game on your way from L2 to BPL . I don't wanna sim a bunch of games like those play 10-15 min do either . Kinda feel like sim is cheating as you don't control anything and no challenge simming that's more for Football Manager no FIFA..

Currently Playing: PS4
-The Division
-MLB The Show 16
-NBA 2k17
-FIFA 17?
-NHL 17?
-GTA V
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2016, 06:19 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirectFX
Same here never had this big of a problem in Career Mode as I do this year usually quitting a month or so in getting frustrated. I like to play 5-6min as I like to play 90-100% of the games in career mode and I don't have time to play 15min slow games as they take too long to complete. RTG Career is great if cup is challenge and play every game on your way from L2 to BPL . I don't wanna sim a bunch of games like those play 10-15 min do either . Kinda feel like sim is cheating as you don't control anything and no challenge simming that's more for Football Manager no FIFA..
Hi!

I suggest you to just try the many sliders sets options in this forum and adjust the following to fit your skills and short halves:
1. increase Run Frequency
2. decrease all error based sliders (pass, shot, FT Control)

That should be enough. If not, marking can also be tuned down.

Cheers!

Enviado do meu GT-I8190 através de Tapatalk
Old 06-28-2016, 03:45 AM   #7
Rookie

I played half season with 9 minute halves. Wow that got boring fast.

I thought I had found the solution, because at first I was scoring just fine 2-3 goals a game.

Then when I got to top 3 on the chart I started having 18 minutes of boredoms. I couldn't score at all, 0-0's all the time. Then I had 4 losses in a row with 0 goals scored.

So no more of these long halves, it's SUPER BORING. I need to score goals! That's the fun
Old 06-28-2016, 04:06 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirectFX
I don't wanna sim a bunch of games like those play 10-15 min do either . Kinda feel like sim is cheating as you don't control anything and no challenge simming that's more for Football Manager no FIFA..
I am pretty sure that most people that do play 10/15 min half do not sim their games or when they do it is only for those international team friendly games. It is true that the career goes slower because in the end 15 mins half means 35-40mins for each game. But with this length you really experience real game scenario and if you concede early goal(s) at least you have a chance to come back patiently without having the feeling that you are already in the money time. Also keeping a lead in the money time (last in game 10mins + extra time) is very intense because it last more than few real life seconds.

But I fully understand that not everyone can afford to plug the game for that long.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »