Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
eFootball PES 2020 Demo Arrives on July 30, Details Here
EA Access Coming to PlayStation 4 on July 24
What We Learned About the New QB Throwing Styles in Madden 20

Old 10-05-2016, 03:38 PM   #857
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Ah, so you were HR on Twitch. I actually like your posts Tekko, it was just a friendly disagreement. You weren't ridiculed at all. You were speaking in absolutes. Stating if shot error is lowered they'll shoot more, so then I raised shot error and showed that it didn't matter if it was lowered. If anything, raising it seemed to create more outside of the box shooting. Again, that could be relevant to many things though.

The next part was about marking being raised to get players to meet. That's when I was going through my notes and found Orion's 44 length that had come through last time we were in this spot. I wanted to keep marking at 52 - and test its limits.

It's not that you were ignored, or ridiculed, it was just a test of the marking value of 52 and ensuring all the other values made sense.

Regarding the testing at 78 marking this morning, and today, it was trying to go back to that Set 2 feeling, but using josam's 47/49 accel, but eventually i wanted to try 47/47 accel.

Then you jumped on Velo's stream and said basically you told us so, and I didn't deny it, I agreed and advised it's relevant to the set - and the acceleration value we were testing at 47/47, not to mention the less clinical passing of 60 pass error.

Again, stay involved, you know your football, and that's exactly what is needed. Anything suggested you know I will try, and exert every little drop I can find in it.

There are 1,000's of combinations for sliders. They are all, terribly, set up with 1 point increments. Reading through the PC code of 14, they are all intertwined, each value is a balancing act. This is why it takes a ridiculous amount of hours and restarting of matches to see things come out. They have to be scaled to count towards match scenario, formations, fatigue. After that you have to find exploits and see if that's relevant to scenario, formations or fatigue.
Plus everyone has a different way of playing and different things they are looking for in a football game - so it would actually be really odd if EVERYONE preferred the exact same slider settings with all the possible combinations

I for example think some of the values you use are just plain unrealistic haha, but I still respect all the work you do - especially on the tactical side of sliders - lines and marking etc. I wouldn't know where to begin with that!

When I finally figure out the best sliders for me (ie. what looks and plays most like the football I see on TV) I'll post them in a different thread I think, so I don't derail this.
Old 10-05-2016, 03:42 PM   #858
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Agreed, I was playing Everton as Swansea and it felt like Barcelona v Newport County.

There is an automatic pass mentality under 60 pass error. Raised it to 70, then lowered to 65, then 60. The threshold was to see how far I could kick it across the field and reach my recepient, 60 seemed best, but I only tested in that 5pt increment.

And for those worrying about crosses, they're fine. Got scored on earlier on a cross.

FYI for anyone that watched today's stream, it was using the original Set 2, but with 47/47 acceleration. I feel like this 47 acceleration, while feeling great, is making the CPU run straight at me. Not sure why exactly, but will have to test that out.
47/49 accel with 52 sprint still better then?
Old 10-05-2016, 03:50 PM   #859
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by villabraves
I am on WC. Those last two games were fun and it was interesting that I could come back in both games as strongly as I did despite losing the second game. I just played the next game and it was totally different regards goals, I won 1-0 away at Burnley. I did change the acceleration discrepancy to 48/49 for this game and it was noticeably more 'even' despite the -1 click for me. Unfortunately I've gone and accidently deleted the screen shot before uploading it here! The game played well again, I had slightly more possession and shots were pretty even, around 10 each, 3/4 on target. I actually got my first ever penalty and made a completes dogs dinner of it because I had forgotten how to use the new system !

I'm done testing these for today but I am going to try them tomorrow in my test CM in League 1 to see how they are there. Unless Matt comes out with anything new to try, then I'll be trying that out.

I'm still wary of having a discrepancy of 2 in favour of the CPU for the acceleration. The discrepancy of 1 felt better to me but that's just my personal preference.
Interesting. Maybe -1 is the way to go after all.

EDIT: I actually find the penalties easier this year. Just point where you want it to go I am a bit confused about what makes one player better at penalties than another now the user controls the direction though ...

Last edited by Rachel93; 10-05-2016 at 03:54 PM.
Old 10-05-2016, 03:55 PM   #860
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel93
Interesting. Maybe -1 is the way to go after all.
Yes I am going to try 48/49 for the next few games either tonight or tomorrow but I will try it out with Sheffield United instead to see how the lower leagues feel.
Old 10-05-2016, 04:01 PM   #861
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel93
EDIT: I actually find the penalties easier this year. Just point where you want it to go I am a bit confused about what makes one player better at penalties than another now the user controls the direction though ...
Actually I quite like them too but I just hadn't had one in all the games I've played so I literally couldn't remember the way it worked. I quite like the new free kicks and corners but I see plenty of other people who don't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2016, 04:04 PM   #862
Banned

Quote:
Yes I am going to try 48/49 for the next few games either tonight or tomorrow but I will try it out with Sheffield United instead to see how the lower leagues feel.
Have a couple more games with 47/49 and see if you have more high scoring matches too. If so -2 is a problem

One thing I find confusing about the sliders is they all go up in 1s, but some of those 1s seem like much bigger jumps than others. Like I was testing pass speeds all day yesterday and this morning trying to find the most realistic - and I finally settled on three that could work. But there was much more difference between the middle and slightly higher one than between the middle and lower one Pretty sure I've found the perfect pass speed now though

But yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if there was a big difference between -1 and -2
Old 10-05-2016, 04:08 PM   #863
Banned

Quote:
Actually I quite like them too but I just hadn't had one in all the games I've played so I literally couldn't remember the way it worked. I quite like the new free kicks and corners but I see plenty of other people who don't.
Haha really? I seem to get penalties pretty often - good at diving I guess

Yeah I didn't like corners until Matt told me you could send them in lower at full power
Old 10-05-2016, 04:13 PM   #864
Rookie

Danielz's Arena

Streaming my bilbao career on twitch with some sliders testing.

https://www.twitch.tv/danielz_54

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »