Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2016, 03:06 PM   #1121
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
My .02 on bursting... It is basically the 4 Verts of Madden for Fifa. If you are CONSTANTLY trying to bust the game, eventually you will.

Someone show me them bursting from one side to the other, play in play out without the defense reacting. I just don't think it's a game killer as others do, if you're playing in a reasonable Sim manner.

I realize there are many of you, including Matt, who see it as a massive issue. But I can honestly say I have not once noticed it as a serious issue, no matter the set. Sure, can I do it, yes. But then again look at Payet's goal from last weekend, that looked like bursting to me.. but we call it a glorious run and questionable defense.
I was saying this last night. I understand it's an issue in the game, but I personally don't have as much of an issue with it as others. I don't try to abuse it...when it happens I chalk it up to that player making a mistake. A house rule, if you will.

Now, if you hate it, 2 point discrep acc (48/50) should help fix it...but that hurts the game too much for me. I find it to be an artificial way to slow you down, not them being better. But if you like it, feel free!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2016, 03:07 PM   #1122
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by smb360
In my next possessions I tried 50/50 Speed and 50/50 Acceleration, and then 50/50 Speed and 47/49 Acceleration. I could just freely run around the pitch and past players on all of the settings. There seems to be a severe lack of defender aggression on set 3 that's not linked to the Speed or Acceleration sliders.
Your post made me go over the set announcement, and sure enough, I had omitted the section on my "bursting" thoughts when inputting the video link. It's been edited now:
Acceleration - 50/50 - @Aaron458f - The CPU's acceleration at 50 is key here. The chance of physicality of tackles and thus chance for fouls, should start to occur a lot more now. Bursting (video @30 sec mark - where a player is able to sprint ,untouched, through the entire midfield and defense), can occur on many settings, and many combos of them. This is still a continued siege of experimentation to combat, but right when we think we have it - it shows up. It is most prevalent on kick-off, passing off to the winger, then sprinting diagonally from outside to in. I am not 100% sure of what the value should be. This needs the most attention.
***47/49 - @Josam27o7 - I would love for this to be the base, but the foul count has dropped with the CPU being under 50 acceleration. There is room to adjust acceleration anywhere, but I do believe the 2pt discrepancy is essential to prevent bursting.***
Old 10-07-2016, 03:13 PM   #1123
Rookie

Quote:
My .02 on bursting... It is basically the 4 Verts of Madden for Fifa. If you are CONSTANTLY trying to bust the game, eventually you will.

Someone show me them bursting from one side to the other, play in play out without the defense reacting. I just don't think it's a game killer as others do, if you're playing in a reasonable Sim manner.

I realize there are many of you, including Matt, who see it as a massive issue. But I can honestly say I have not once noticed it as a serious issue, no matter the set. Sure, can I do it, yes. But then again look at Payet's goal from last weekend, that looked like bursting to me.. but we call it a glorious run and questionable defense.
I both agree and disagree. If I play my normal passing style, it doesn't rear its ugly head as much, but at the same time I can sense that lack of CPU defender aggression in this set compared to some of the other sets and when I've tried some of the other suggestions on this thread.

The problem is that it's not black and white. You're not either playing in a sim manner or trying to bust the game, there is a huge middle ground in between. You can play in a very considered manner, passing the ball around, but occasionally it will open up and you will see a very realistic and natural opportunity to sprint and attack space. If, in that moment, the defence shows a lack of aggression and they practically ask you to burst past and around them by getting out of the way, then you're still playing in a sim manner but bursting is still breaking your game.

You need to eliminate bursting as best you can in order to make sprinting and ultimately the entire gameplay rewarding within the context of sim gameplay. In order to achieve that, the most straightforward way is testing for the presence of bursting by trying to make unrealistic runs and observing the defence's reaction, because you can observe instantly whether there is a problem in just 1-3 attempts at running 'coast to coast'.
Old 10-07-2016, 03:14 PM   #1124
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:

I was thinking the same thing, 4-verts all day, especially on NCAA (without sliders).

I think it's also relative to what player you use. If bursting with your GK, then that's a real problem. If with a speedy winger, that happens - although I really want him being destroyed (or fouled) - but it all happens as a result of crappy DAA that shows up.

Can someone try 48/50 accel? I played with it this morning and had trouble bursting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHigh hitman
Set three feels fantastic all over the pitch for me so far.
Good to hear. Thanks!
Old 10-07-2016, 03:19 PM   #1125
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by smb360
I both agree and disagree. If I play my normal passing style, it doesn't rear its ugly head as much, but at the same time I can sense that lack of CPU defender aggression in this set compared to some of the other sets and when I've tried some of the other suggestions on this thread.

The problem is that it's not black and white. You're not either playing in a sim manner or trying to bust the game, there is a huge middle ground in between. You can play in a very considered manner, passing the ball around, but occasionally it will open up and you will see a very realistic and natural opportunity to sprint and attack space. If, in that moment, the defence shows a lack of aggression and they practically ask you to burst past and around them by getting out of the way, then you're still playing in a sim manner but bursting is still breaking your game.

You need to eliminate bursting as best you can in order to make sprinting and ultimately the entire gameplay rewarding within the context of sim gameplay. In order to achieve that, the most straightforward way is testing for the presence of bursting by trying to make unrealistic runs and observing the defence's reaction, because you can observe instantly whether there is a problem in just 1-3 attempts at running 'coast to coast'.
I understand where you are coming from. But, I'm playing Fifa the same way I've played it every year. I go around guys sometimes, and other times they get the best of me. I think the defender aggression could be better (ok a lot better), but I'm not waxing teams by 4-5 goals a game where I go on some 45 yard cross field sprint. Streamed a match vs. Athletico and I don't think I beat a single guy to the touchline.

I suppose my point is, if your lone goal is reduce bursting, then have at it with the 2 pt discrepancy. I just think it neuters the human player so much that I'll just live with "bursting" and work to refine the variety, first touch and physicality of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2016, 03:34 PM   #1126
Rookie

The main point I'm trying to make is that I think the earlier sets featured a much more aggressive defence that made gameplay more rewarding, regardless of your playstyle. With this set the pressure on the ball, tracking of runners and overall aggression and marking from defenders is lacking. Both bursting and sim-style gameplay are made easier, but I think the aim has to be to get rid of bursting, otherwise sim gameplay feels very hollow when you can just 'press sprint to win' at any time, and let us not forget that sim gameplay should feature sprinting with the ball at times and the defence should react aggressively to a player running with the ball.

It's a shame because other aspects of the gameplay feel great and I even get a bit of a PS2-era PES feel from it, but I think the sea change in the philosophy behind Lines, Marking etc. has created a disinterested CPU defence in set 3. I'm not sure what combinations I previously thought were best as I've tried so many, but I feel like those settings are much more crucial to stopping bursting and such than Speed and Acceleration.
Old 10-07-2016, 03:37 PM   #1127
Banned

Quote:
I understand where you are coming from. But, I'm playing Fifa the same way I've played it every year. I go around guys sometimes, and other times they get the best of me. I think the defender aggression could be better (ok a lot better), but I'm not waxing teams by 4-5 goals a game where I go on some 45 yard cross field sprint. Streamed a match vs. Athletico and I don't think I beat a single guy to the touchline.

I suppose my point is, if your lone goal is reduce bursting, then have at it with the 2 pt discrepancy. I just think it neuters the human player so much that I'll just live with "bursting" and work to refine the variety, first touch and physicality of the game.
Have you tried sprint 51/51 acceleration 46/49? I'd say it's my favourite so far - minimal bursting, yet even though you're giving away a +3 advantage the higher sprint somehow makes it feel more natural and more even, than sprint 50 acceleration 47/49, and CPU attackers try to run past your defenders sometimes rather than always passing the ball too.

I haven't tried it on set 3 yet though so I'm not sure how it will play.
Old 10-07-2016, 03:38 PM   #1128
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHigh hitman
Set three feels fantastic all over the pitch for me so far.
Great to hear indeed. Can't wait to try tonight.

Any other feedback...specific to Set #3?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »