Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2016, 11:31 AM   #1225
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmydogud
From a Player Lock player...

Original Set 3 except for modifications to shot error, gk ability and marking to encourage scoring. Played 5 games and the CPU was waaaay more aggressive both on and off the ball. They out tackled me for the first time. When they held the ball, they didn't just back up to me, but held it out at length with their foot. They hounded me and my AI players from end to end. And yet, scoring was up for these 5 games.

Set 3, version 2 (as now posted on the OP) except for same modifications. Someone slipped the CPU Nyquil. Dead, lethargic. Just stood there in their pretty formation lines waiting for me to do something. And even then, not really interested in the ball or pushing it upfield.

Test using original Set 3 speed/error/marking settings and Set 3 version 2 run/line/positioning settings. And dang if the CPU still just sat there. So for me, the difference in aggressiveness has something to do with the line/positioning settings.

I was quite pleased with the intensity of the original Set 3. Went back to that, changed some of the settings to limit scoring and in my first game I had a 0-0 draw for the first time in forever, yet was bitterly contested on both sides.

So my current settings are the original Set 3 except for the following -
Pass Error 52/57
GK Ability 30/30
Marking 39/39

I have to keep injuries at 1/1 regardless. If I put in anything else it's an automatic 3-5 week injury for at least one player.
Great feedback, thanks. It's funny how one mode is broken and one mode is improved. Goes to show the CPU can just be wonky, relevant to where the user control is.

Please keep us updated on your progress with this BAP/PlayerLock mode, and I'll update the OP accordingly with your go ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TannerScroll

Amazing game. Even a penalty in favor. Only with 3 sliders I find it much more slowly, almost like a video slowed author.

Inviato dal mio Z00D utilizzando Tapatalk
Lol. Slowing down FIFA is an accomplishment. You can increase pass speed if that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanOfCornCobb
Real nice work on the sliders Matt. I dont see much wrong with any of your sets so far. Unfortunately bursting is still a huge issue no matter the spd/acc setting and its a game killer for me personally. I love FIFA, but i dont even feel like playing until its patched, its that big of a deal. Cheers!
Set 3 is the best this can get imho, plenty of room for personal adjustments. Bursting, told ya guys from day 1, it's public enemy #1.

I'll probably keep testing it in silence, but in terms of the progress of the thread, we have to move on from it. If anything groundbreaking is figured out, you know there will be an announcement...depends how those wings fit on those pigs though .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2016, 11:32 AM   #1226
Rookie

Stimuli's Arena

OVR: 0

I've been very quiet in terms of testing since the release, I've used every set so far but only for 1 or 2 games at most, so not been in a position to post feedback, Today I have managed to get a number of games in with Set 3 (10/8/16)

I really like what I've seen so far, The cpu are dangerous going forward and also solid enough when defending, The damn bursting is a problem but I've not noticed it as much with this set because CPU are closing down space and engaging my players, forcing me to move the ball around and relieve the pressure I'm under, Previously I had so much space and time on the ball I would simply just run at them.

CPU attacking wise using a lot of variety, crossing also fine

I've seen on a couple of occasions my CM's switch positions with my wingers, not the end of the world but still annoying, My CAM also considers himself a CDM at times

Fouls - Non existent really, The odd thing is my players are being hit (the controller vibrates like crazy) but they just don't go down! Remember those weebles toys? I have a team full of them, It's almost like the game doesn't recognise the collision, I think this happened with a previous set or test with a lower Acceleration

Bursting - As i said ^ Space is being closed down and the marking is tighter, Leaving me less likely to charge at them, I can live with that....just

Offsides - No problems here for me - 3 or 4 a game

Shot speed - Personal preference (I know I know) but I really don't like, in fact, I hate higher shot speeds, default or lower for me

Pass speed - I will probably settle at 45 here

This will be blasphemy but, a patch will be coming soon and I'm personally looking forward to it, The bursting is a massive annoyance and needs sorting, for our own sanity

All in all set 3 is a solid base, well done everyone involved.. I know how frustrating it can be and the man hours put in, I'll do some streaming tonight hopefully

Peace
Old 10-08-2016, 11:44 AM   #1227
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimuli
I've been very quiet in terms of testing since the release, I've used every set so far but only for 1 or 2 games at most, so not been in a position to post feedback, Today I have managed to get a number of games in with Set 3 (10/8/16)

I really like what I've seen so far, The cpu are dangerous going forward and also solid enough when defending, The damn bursting is a problem but I've not noticed it as much with this set because CPU are closing down space and engaging my players, forcing me to move the ball around and relieve the pressure I'm under, Previously I had so much space and time on the ball I would simply just run at them.

CPU attacking wise using a lot of variety, crossing also fine

I've seen on a couple of occasions my CM's switch positions with my wingers, not the end of the world but still annoying, My CAM also considers himself a CDM at times

Fouls - Non existent really, The odd thing is my players are being hit (the controller vibrates like crazy) but they just don't go down! Remember those weebles toys? I have a team full of them, It's almost like the game doesn't recognise the collision, I think this happened with a previous set or test with a lower Acceleration

Bursting - As i said ^ Space is being closed down and the marking is tighter, Leaving me less likely to charge at them, I can live with that....just

Offsides - No problems here for me - 3 or 4 a game

Shot speed - Personal preference (I know I know) but I really don't like, in fact, I hate higher shot speeds, default or lower for me

Pass speed - I will probably settle at 45 here

This will be blasphemy but, a patch will be coming soon and I'm personally looking forward to it, The bursting is a massive annoyance and needs sorting, for our own sanity

All in all set 3 is a solid base, well done everyone involved.. I know how frustrating it can be and the man hours put in, I'll do some streaming tonight hopefully

Peace
I haven't been able to catch your streams, so I'm looking forward to watching them.

Solid feedback, sir. Pretty on point with my thoughts as well. Fouls, argh. lol. Bursting, argh.
Old 10-08-2016, 11:44 AM   #1228
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Here's Set #3 in action, what a fun match.

Old 10-08-2016, 12:09 PM   #1229
MVP

OVR: 6

Think its imperative that we move forward with this base. Bursting will only be minimized, never eliminated. As Matt has mentioned, it's been there for years.

What we can do is get a set that is doing all the other things as best as possible, and hope that a patch can increase defender's aggression/awareness.

The fouls are what they are, I absolutely think if we can identify the strict refs, it will go a LONG way to getting at least decent numbers. I think Stim mentioned how you'll feel a foul, but then no whistle. This to me screams of a coding issue that I hope EA can tweak.

The shape of the game and ebb and flow was absolutely wonderful last night. I was actually enjoying watching some of Matt's streams, particularly his two matches as Watford vs Arsenal and then Man U.
Old 10-08-2016, 12:26 PM   #1230
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I haven't been able to catch your streams, so I'm looking forward to watching them.

Solid feedback, sir. Pretty on point with my thoughts as well. Fouls, argh. lol. Bursting, argh.
I have increased a notch for me and cpu. Great job anyway Matt

Inviato dal mio Z00D utilizzando Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2016, 12:53 PM   #1231
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel93
Wow you're giving yourself a really big advantage there!
How is that a big advantage? It makes sense to be slightly faster on acceleration and pace to prevent CPU players who are 15 on pace still being able to catch a player of 80/90 pace

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2016, 01:06 PM   #1232
Rookie

ISS72's Arena

The changes seem better so far, esp shot speed at 52 and I'm not just saying that because I scored a 35 yrd half volley with Kyle Walker against that other lot in North London.

But I've mostly been testing Stadiums lol, seeing which ones allow you to lower the height to 0. Tele Broadcast with Height: 0 & Zoom: 20 is bliss for me. Feels a completely different game compared to playing at Stadiums that have a high camera setting, players feels more heavy and you can really see the difference between the big & small players. If EA lost licenses for real stadiums, I wouldn't miss them one bit, just so I could set the camera/stadium I want.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »