Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2016, 06:10 PM   #1569
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is has nothing to do with sliders but might help improve realism.
Has anybody used custom team tactics for the a.i in cm, since I heard they make a difference this year unlike FIFA 16? I'm thinking of changing all the team tactics for each team in the major leagues. Since there are no spreadsheets for FIFA 17 I might just have to use the ones from 15 or 16 (probably 16 since it's the most recent). I was just wondering if anybody else has used them and if you have, have you noticed more variety against opponents.
Also what pace settings do y'all use. I've been using 45 pace with 48 Acc. But I'm starting to get annoyed with players still having 60% stamina at the end I of the match, also lack of fouls but not much you can do about that. I was wondering which pace settings others use and how they play. I don't want something that feels fast since I prefer slow gamplay. (Slow gamplay speed as well)
EDIT: So I decided to use the FIFA 15 custom tactics since they were meant to be realistic and unlike the FIFA 16 ones which were just meant to be more dynamic within the team. I know teams can change in 2 years but some still have pretty much the same style of play. The only thing that worries me is that a lot of teams have their build up speed lower then 10, but I'm hoping it just calms down the game a bit. Let's see how it goes.

Last edited by Joey_22; 10-14-2016 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Made up my mind
Old 10-14-2016, 06:11 PM   #1570
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunogomes
Yeah, but look at those shots... 3 for WBA and 1 for Everton... ouch!

I thought the more direct play meant the opposite, less ping-pong and more focus on shooting.
Remember, he is playing on player lock...so the AI teammates play a lot differently when you're not controlling all of them.
Old 10-14-2016, 06:17 PM   #1571
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocityy
Remember, he is playing on player lock...so the AI teammates play a lot differently when you're not controlling all of them.
Yeah, but doesnīt that make it somewhat a bit worse? One team is still CPU (like it is when we play against CPU) and the other is 10 CPU + 1 human.

I see your point too, but somehow, i think that itīs even more worrying that both (CPU and CPU + 1 human) had 4 shots on target combined.

But i agree we canīt really judge it correctly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2016, 06:27 PM   #1572
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunogomes
Yeah, but doesnīt that make it somewhat a bit worse? One team is still CPU (like it is when we play against CPU) and the other is 10 CPU + 1 human.

I see your point too, but somehow, i think that itīs even more worrying that both (CPU and CPU + 1 human) had 4 shots on target combined.

But i agree we canīt really judge it correctly.
Well, in my experience with player lock...the AI are idiots. And what we've learned this year is that the AI responds to players acting a certain way around them. So when you are active on offense and defense...switching, defending, passing...they are more active.

There was a video posted a while back that when a guy was the CDM and didn't put any pressure on the AI with the ball...they just stood still in their third passing it back and forth. The second he took his teammate to pressure them the regular play started.

I think this has to do with the new 'spatial analysis' which is really just 'broken player positioning based on teammates and not ball'

Last edited by Velocityy; 10-14-2016 at 06:29 PM.
Old 10-14-2016, 06:41 PM   #1573
Banned

nuno, you read the stats wrong, it was 7 shots from wba and 3 from everton.

i play fifa 14 and there i already notice this cpu behaviour. they play conservative and boring against themselves and open up when i'm involved. same for ai teammates and ai opponents. one more reason why player career in fifa sucks.
Old 10-14-2016, 06:59 PM   #1574
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8

i took it as; attacking directly was route one. straight ahead at all costs. no side passing or build up play.
Old 10-14-2016, 07:04 PM   #1575
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyTonka
i took it as; attacking directly was route one. straight ahead at all costs. no side passing or build up play.
Ahh the good old days of FIFA 12 when the pinnacle of slider tweaking was getting the CPU to pass back to their keeper one time, even if they didn't do it again for another 50 games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2016, 07:26 PM   #1576
MVP

OVR: 6

I see CPU shots between about 7-17 most games... surprised to hear that complaint from a few. As I await the patch, I continue to really enjoy the games im playing. Just lost 2-0 1st leg of UCL knockout vs Leicester. They stayed sooo compact and allowed me possession for long stretches. 2nd half they hit a devastating counter to Slimini and then a corner to bury me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »