Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2016, 09:20 PM   #161
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
Wow this frostbite engine is taking a bit to adjust to. Players have much more weight to their movements. CPU AI seems much more dangerous.. could just be my stick skills getting used to the game though.

Not sure what the current test is, but going to run with pass speed 45, error 55 and first touch 55 just to start with. Yes, you can burst, but I just don't really find myself abusing it. Felt the same way as last year TBH
Yea, I'm in the same boat. Bursting isn't a problem for me personally, I rarely have an issue with it, but it definitely needs to be addressed as issue #1 because for some, it completely kills the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2016, 09:38 PM   #162
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky Deaky
This morning the game felt too fast to me, but since taking a long break and playing a League Cup game just now it felt great. Had to drop pass speed to 40 though, and Acceleration to 48.

I noticed something, not really relevant to sliders, but Career mode doesn't seem to have the option to turn handballs on? At least, it doesn't for me, and I tried restarting the game, starting a new career. It's in exhibition though.
You do realize that by dropping acceleration to 48 you are amplifying the bursting problem. Wonder how long until you realize the cpu is just letting you go by.... LOL
Old 09-27-2016, 09:53 PM   #163
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

OVR: 3

I am so frustrated by PES 17s player positioning that I am starting to feel I will get a better footy fix from mundane FIFA 17 slider adjusting. Hard to believe! LOL
Old 09-27-2016, 10:30 PM   #164
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0

In my opinion the bursting issue is both what matt sees with the poor angles but also a completely idiotic assignment handoff system.

I am seeing the latter cause all sorts of issues all over the pitch. I see no way sliders can fix this part.

What I mean is this. As a defender, there are threats on the pitch

1 is the ball
2 is a player or players
3 is space
4 is angle

Ball
When you have the ball and you see who on AI is focused on you, if you run past them the game has a terrible time at handing you off to the next defender. By the time the logic kicks in and the next defender "wakes" up if you are going by him holding sprint the AI has to kick into it's handoff logic again. Rinse and repeat.

Player
The AI is too hung up on I have no idea what...I am seeing players drop off of run marking, running into each other which leaves an O player wide open, falling for the OP body feint, not tracking wing threats off the ball, the whole off the ball player tracking is highly suspect

Space
Never a strong suit in FIFA. I haven't seen the AI play player and space protection once yet. IRL if the RM creeps in, baiting me inside on D, I have to try to angle him either towards his wish of a ball into space and prepare to chase him down knowing if I allow this the ball may come deep but it's still out wide and I can press ball while knowing my D is behind me or angle him more inward sealing him off and relying on internal help D. Not seeing any of this. Lots of north south defending paths only.

Angle
I covered it a little above but more than anything as a defender you have to be aware of your relationship between ball and goal. Simply live in between. Too many mf's and defenders in Fifa don't heed this simple rule. If all else fails block the path of ball to goal.

I just don't see the slider settings to fix these things.

The only people really liking FIFA right now are excited about the goals they are scoring.

But these goals that are so wild to score now are because of having basic defensive fundamentals absent from the game currently.

Last edited by BL8001; 09-28-2016 at 12:57 PM. Reason: changed the word off to up so it makes more sense
Old 09-27-2016, 10:52 PM   #165
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
In my opinion the bursting issue is both what matt sees with the poor angles but also a completely idiotic assignment handoff system.

I am seeing the latter cause all sorts of issues all over the pitch. I see no way sliders can fix this part.

What I mean is this. As a defender, there are threats on the pitch

1 is the ball
2 is a player or players
3 is space
4 is angle

Ball
When you have the ball and you see who on AI is focused on you, if you run past them the game has a terrible time at handing you off to the next defender. By the time the logic kicks in and the next defender "wakes" up if you are going by him holding sprint the AI has to kick into it's handoff logic again. Rinse and repeat.

Player
The AI is too hung off on I have no idea what...I am seeing players drop off of run marking, running into each other which leaves an O player wide open, falling for the OP body feint, not tracking wing threats off the ball, the whole off the ball player tracking is highly suspect

Space
Never a strong suit in FIFA. I haven't seen the AI play player and space protection once yet. IRL if the RM creeps in, baiting me inside on D, I have to try to angle him either towards his wish of a ball into space and prepare to chase him down knowing if I allow this the ball may come deep but it's still out wide and I can press ball while knowing my D is behind me or angle him more inward sealing him off and relying on internal help D. Not seeing any of this. Lots of north south defending paths only.

Angle
I covered it a little above but more than anything as a defender you have to be aware of your relationship between ball and goal. Simply live in between. Too many mf's and defenders in Fifa don't heed this simple rule. If all else fails block the path of ball to goal.

I just don't see the slider settings to fix these things.

The only people really liking FIFA right now are excited about the goals they are scoring.

But these goals that are so wild to score now are because of having basic defensive fundamentals absent from the game currently.
I agree wholeheartedly. They can slap some new lighting effects and textures on their game, but the fundamentals are as broken as they have been for years now. EA has reached the limits of their development team.

I think a lot of these problems stem from the way the game is calibrated towards multiplayer. It is a philosophy that started to become commonplace practice since the mid 2000's. Video game execs dont want their games to be too difficult or punishing when it comes to multiplayer. Wheyher its FIFA or COD, execs are on record saying they want a complete noob to be able to pick up the game and play with pros and have an incentive to continue to pick up the game. How is this achieved? By building in or breaking a few subtle little things here and there. Bursting allows a lower skilled player who isnt going to string together a 10 pass masterpiece to get around an already dumb as bricks defense and get in on goal, ADD opens up space on the pitch, ball physics make sure the ball is never really out of the its trajectory towards one goal or another, add the "scripting" or whatver term you like for the invisible hand of the developer skewing things one way or the next to create artificial dynacisim, this all creates an environment where a person with as much knowledge of gaming ot football as your average gran can hang with or beat a pro. Unfortunately, this cant be turned off, only slightly adjusted. Hence sliders. Problem is sliders only help to bend the devs rules, which the game always wants to return to. This is the fundamental and fatal (for me) flaw with FIFA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 05:23 AM   #166
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimuli
That's not true
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocityy
Yea, 100 FT Error means a LOT more error. We had it up that high last year to create the feeling of loose balls and bad first touches when doing the Fifa 16 sliders.
I apologise, that's definitely not true. Sorry if I confused anyone. Not sure why I confused myself though...
Old 09-28-2016, 06:36 AM   #167
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josam27o7
You do realize that by dropping acceleration to 48 you are amplifying the bursting problem. Wonder how long until you realize the cpu is just letting you go by.... LOL
That's fine, what you don't realize is that I am acutely aware that lowering acceleration can accentuate bursting if other values are not combined to lessen the problem. I am also aware that Matt has already tried values such as 48 acceleration for Fifa 17 during his trial period, and that he also personally uses 48 acceleration for his slider set for Fifa 16, yet he is the one who wants to eliminate bursting more than anyone, so I trust his judgment.... LOL
Old 09-28-2016, 08:46 AM   #168
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Streaming a bit before work:

https://www.twitch.tv/matt10l

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »