Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2016, 02:33 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Hello gentlemen!

I am usually slow to get FIFA "n+1" ... I often wait for things to "settle" before I give in and buy the newer version. But I will be interested in any progress that is made in the forum. I also (eventually) enjoy FIFA16 ... and I would be delighted for whatever slider settings allow me to play a similar game.

Here is to hoping that whatever is in the first patch ... it does not force everyone back to the drawing board to re-do the slider settings (though ... it always seems like this happens each year).

Also - sim community - FIFA17 first impressions are generally positive? Yes?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2016, 04:18 PM   #26
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
Also - sim community - FIFA17 first impressions are generally positive? Yes?
I THINK that's the consensus so far...
Old 09-22-2016, 09:35 PM   #27
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
- Acceleration lowered results in bursting.
Acceleration 48/48 - Tested 40/40, 45/45 and 47/47, all bursting, but did not test with the lower marking at the time, or the super low Sprint Speed.
[/i]
Thanks for this Matt!

Well, we can now conclude that Fifa 17 is just like Fifa 16. Both games must be played with a high acceleration slider setting to make the game viable, meaning we have to stomach fast gameplay. How could people be pleased with this!?!
Old 09-22-2016, 09:49 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josam27o7
Thanks for this Matt!

Well, we can now conclude that Fifa 17 is just like Fifa 16. Both games must be played with a high acceleration slider setting to make the game viable, meaning we have to stomach fast gameplay. How could people be pleased with this!?!
Yeah, I was just coming on here to post.

Bursting is the problem again. As is jogging animation, so yeah...it's basically 16 again, but with better positioning...in some areas.

I wasn't going to put in too much more time into the game, but I may have to dig into it a bit more and just accept that my 10 hours are almost up.

I'm seeing some of the areas to be concerned that remind me of FIFA 14. There will be times when the defending player will quickly accelerate out of position, and not to the ball path at all.

There are a couple things I've tested. One in particular that I believe is promising, but it's on the "further away from default" side that Orion and I are going. So I may have to explore it in small increments.

What I was really, really, liking was lower marking. I had it down to 20, everything else default, and it was probably the most physical match I've played of 17, CPU had 4 fouls in the 1st half, so that was promising.

Eitherway, trying to be somewhat less transparent than before as we would end up in circles, so I'm giving my tests a lot more looks before reporting on findings.

Please everyone share your thoughts/findings as well. This is the community slider thread afterall, Orion and I do not want to be tweaking this game in November...unless there's patch of course, but still, we've joked the theme will be "Not this year" .
Old 09-23-2016, 06:09 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 6

I think i can definitely stomach the bursting, jogging, etc... To me itīs how the AI will play on offense (defense is ok).

This is the game breaker for me, about the rest... i think all games have their "nature" A.K.A "legacy problems" and honestly, to me, the bursting or jogging isnīt something that kills the game (offensive AI is).
Old 09-23-2016, 07:46 AM   #30
Rookie

Non Idoneo's Arena

OVR: 0

There is a big problem, again, similar to last year but maybe worst because that happen when you make an acceleration. When you hold acceleration the defender don't opposed.

In this video (sorry for bad quality is not mine), you see that happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHk2vEeJwL4

This is happened also the first sperimental sliders of Matt10, at World Class and Legendary.
Old 09-23-2016, 08:23 AM   #31
Rookie

Yeah, gents I wish you the absolute best of luck in this valiant endeavour but I'm out this year. There is way too much of the same in this game to tempt me into going for another ride on the EA train. Feels just like 16 with pretty lighting effects. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, well... the way approaches this game reminds me of how big American beer companies approach their beer, they use big name celebrities, gimmicks like cans that change color when they're cold, new "cold brewing" technologies, anything to basically distract the consumers from the fact that the stuff that matters, the stuff in the can, is the same piss flavored swill they've been peddling for years. Amazing how strong brand loyalty and marketing can be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2016, 08:29 AM   #32
Rookie

EvertonianSteeler's Arena

Well its that time of the year again ..... Slidertime !!!

Nice to see some familiar names on here. I think I must be a bit weird because I am actually looking forward to the testing and the discussions and stuff in here almost as much as the game itself.

No pre access for me so it will be a watching brief for the first week but you can be sure I will be around to chuck an opinion or two in by this time next week .... especially if that too deep defensive line hasn't been sorted. Demo and videos seen look promising though.

Its good to be back ......

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »