Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2016, 12:26 PM   #3705
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure10Beezer34
It's been a few weeks of playing/testing for myself so I figured I'd chime in a bit on my observations on the "near default set"(1.02) and Matt's new set.

I do play on player lock so my experience definitely is a bit different, my normal disclaimer

I finished the second half of my Bournemouth CM with this set and honestly it is very solid. There were a few things that started to annoy me towards the end and pretty much stopped me from starting my 2nd season.

Physicality seemed to go away - The more games I played the more the physical play went away. Not sure if I just adapted to the CPU AI or maybe my play style changed but it was very noticeable that no fouls were being called.

Kamikaze runs by CDM/Wingers - Quite a few of my AI teammates were ineffective due to making these idiotic runs at defenders. It really hurt my offense as almost 90% of my goals were scored by strikers. I may have found the solution though thru testing(see below.)

Matt's Set

Matt I am so grateful that you tested when you could behind the scenes. I really enjoyed tinkering with your set last night! I hate to admit it but I dialed back two sliders after a few games. 50 Shot Error as I mentioned in a post earlier and First Touch from 70 to 60(explanation to follow.)

Positives

- CPU was challengiong and had variety - Saw some really nice crosses, thru balls and a couple breakaways as they stretched my defense

- Physicality - I think it's back! had a least a card or two a game. Even had one game with 5 total for both teams.

- Offsides - Saw quite a few of them, which were scarce on default.

Negatives

- Post City! - For some reason at 53 Shot Error saw a ton of posts being hit and lots of bad misses as well as missed sitters. Dropped it back to 50.

- GK Animations - This was on 40 GK w/70 FT. Try and follow me cuz it's hard to explain. I had two VERY soft crosses into the box. My GK was not being pressured, standing by himself, basically setup for an easy two handed catch, instead a two hand save animation pop'd and caused a dangerous rebound. After I dropped FT to 60 I did not see this animation again. Don't know if FT is tied into GK's but it kinda seemed like it. Was very strange.

-Kamikaze Runs! - They were still happening and I was totally bumming out. So I tested a bunch of different CTT's. Switched to "Possession" for a game and behold...my CDM's actually stopped running/dribbling on our half of the pitch!!! So I transferred the top 3 "Possession" settings over to my custom tactics and started another game and it worked! I also made a couple other changes and my Wingers started to behave correctly as well! Here is what I got:

Build Up Play
Speed 20
Passing 20
Free Form(Not sure if this is necessary or not, but worked for me.)

Chance Creation
Passing 50
Crossing 68
Shooting 68
Organised

Again mind you, this is primarily for player lock but I believe those of you who customize the AI opponents can apply it so that the AI CDM's can behave a bit more realistic.

Surprisingly I don't think it hurt my offense at all by reducing the "Build Up Play" tactics. I scored 5 goals in 2 games which is unheard of for me so I feel it really helped me to get my team playing how I always intended them to. Really excited about this!

Sorry for the long post but I have been holding a lot of these observations in until I got a bunch of games tested. Hope this helps anyone out. If you have questions feel free. Thanks for your time!
That was really helpful! Thanks a lot! I would also like to know if you have any favorite player(s) that you always try to buy for your team.

Again, thanks a lot, man!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2016, 12:35 PM   #3706
MVP

First cup game in the efl totally outplayed them loving this set and new way to tackle and keep them from shooting makes the cpu really try and make great passes, gk still need looking at and shot speed using 40 gk ATM with 52 shot speed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2016, 12:52 PM   #3707
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron458f

First cup game in the efl totally outplayed them loving this set and new way to tackle and keep them from shooting

New way of tackling to stop them shooting? Wish to reveal this?
Old 12-02-2016, 12:52 PM   #3708
Rookie

Stimuli's Arena

Quote:

First cup game in the efl totally outplayed them loving this set and new way to tackle and keep them from shooting

What'chu talkin' 'bout, Willis?
Old 12-02-2016, 12:56 PM   #3709
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by villabraves
New way of tackling to stop them shooting? Wish to reveal this?

Well I don't think it's new but it's new to me only just started doing it and can really tackle them well, using legacy tackling use l2 and r2 and x to tackle while using the left stick to go at the player or to drop off the player and sometimes letting go of x at certain points if your player is going to over marking/go past player, might stream in abit

Old 12-02-2016, 01:04 PM   #3710
Rookie

Man, just had an incredible game on Matt's personal preference sliders. It was the most tactical/thinking man's game I've ever played in FIFA. Long description upcoming...

Checkatrade Trophy second round, I'm Portsmouth against Doncaster. They start the game off dominating me in possession and shots, and after a very boring (good boring, trust me) first 30 min, they have the most beautiful build up goal I've seen this year, where they pass it around near the top left of my box to suck my defenders in, then he quickly shields me off and passes it completely across the field to an unmarked winger who runs into the box and beats my keeper near post...1-0 Doncaster.

At this point I switch to Defending and Counter because I can't do a thing...this gives me a bit more chances but just 8 min later I concede again on an outside the box screamer that hit the crossbar and went down and into the side net and go down 2-0....which holds until halftime.

I decide to make major changes as my normal 4-4-2 Flat just isn't working...so I sub in my best CAM (who I sat for the cup game and because of fatigue) and push him up to a high CAM spot, not just a normal CM spot. Move my LM Lalkovic up to LW, push back my RM Baker a bit deeper and set my RB Evans up as a RWB and to always overlap. I go back to default tactics and attacking to try and tie it up.

Get a nifty goal (51') from my regular CM Doyle after he cuts back in the box and finds the lower right corner near post to beat the keeper. My changed formation is working and I'm getting more and more shots to try and tie it. My LW is on a yellow so I sub him out, and then I decide to give a little used striker a chance (Main) because I need more attacking presence. I moved Bennett out of his normal spot and Naismith across the field to put Main at the front.

In the 79th minute, Bennett in his new position still gets into the box and Doncaster concedes a penalty! I like to reward my players with the shot, but had to give it to by best penalty taker (Roberts), and he nails it to tie it up 2-2. A crazy stoppage time where they went full bore attack ended with my GK making a few great saves and we go to penalties.

And that's where the storybook game ends, as I lose 4-1 in pens as they were completely ruthless.

What a game!!

Last edited by Velocityy; 12-02-2016 at 01:14 PM.
Old 12-02-2016, 01:36 PM   #3711
MVP

@matt10 playing great still messing with gk and the shot speed thinking 40gk might be to high

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2016, 03:21 PM   #3712
Pro

Quote:
Well I don't think it's new but it's new to me only just started doing it and can really tackle them well, using legacy tackling use l2 and r2 and x to tackle while using the left stick to go at the player or to drop off the player and sometimes letting go of x at certain points if your player is going to over marking/go past player, might stream in abit

Ok thanks for posting. I'll try this out next time I fire it up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »