Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2016, 12:45 PM   #385
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Getting fouls and was a sending off for cpu that gave a penalty away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2016, 12:46 PM   #386
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders - Set #2 - 10/1/16

Here is Set #2. Worked on it all night, it was "found" while streaming last night with a couple guys on Twitch. Nothing but positive. Yes, need to work on getting the foul count back up, but man, it's playing great.

Word of caution: This is a set that is geared around trying to make the game more start and stop. Not in the terms of fouls, but in the terms of attention to defending, and what kind of reactions that results in. Teams will play the way they are designed, which means offensively and defensively.

The fact that we can get such a variety in this though, is really making me love FIFA 17 more.

World Class/Legendary, 10-15 Mins, Slow Speed

Sliders(Hum/CPU)
Sprint Speed: 50/50 - Started at 52, but physicality stopped. With a tighter set up, it's important to make sure physicality remains intact. This seemed to have helped, although jogging animation does show up - but in later parts of the match, and not consistently enough to warrant a change.

Acceleration: 49/49 - evened out, if bursting occurs, try 49/50. Under 50 accel feels much more controlled though.

Shot Error: 52/52 - With a tighter set up, there are less chances, so this is key in getting more shots on frame, and from distance due to the HLW combo.

Pass Error: 60/60 - What a difference 2 pts make. Players will be forced to perform under pressure. Bad passes are punished, and passes into space are back.

Shot Speed: 50/50 - no change

Pass Speed: 45/45 - increased this because the ball needs to move a bit more crisp. Paired up wtih the higher pass error, and it works nicely.

Injury Frequency: 50/50 *leaving these alone for now* needs some research

Injury Severity: 50/50 *leaving these alone for now* needs some research

GK Ability: 45/45 - no change from Set 1.

Marking: 78/78 - no change from Set 1. Still the best balance of zone and man marking.

Run Frequency: 5/5 - still a good mix of runs off the ball, but not always running away from the ball carrier. More checking to, even from the midfielders.

Line Height: 65/68 - anything below 60 and it's just too passive. It invites pressure, and the defenders turn their backs, chasing players around the box. This also allows the back line to help in the attack much more. Also, taking a bit of a page out of Set D from FIFA 16 Sliders we did with the height discrepancy. This actually pushes the CPU a tad further up, squeezes them a bit more closer, so there is still a player in front of their players, and vice versa.

Line Length: 40/40 - Biggest difference, but biggest impact. This brings everyone closer, as expected, but doesn't nullify variety in the slightest. This makes players check to the ball even more, and have their backs face goal due to the marking.

Line Width: 70/70 - Key in keeping the shape intact. The midfield is where I saw Set 1 start to lose its grasp on realism. It was so easy for the CPU to glide in and make 1 or 2 passes, and be deep into the defensive third already. This evened out width, in combo with the other line settings, puts alot more emphasis in creativity and defensive responsibilities - without running around like maniacs.

Fullback Positioning: 60/60 - as length and run frequency decrease, FB positioning has to do its part to overlap the runs. The FBs do not overtake the midfielder either - which is one of the great things about FIFA 17 this year. This also keeps the FBs more in touch on transition.

First Touch Control: 65/65 - no change from Set 1

Realy love the update. Messed around a little bit early this morning, and other than sprint(which I'll keep at 46/46), I'm moving forward with all of the suggested changes. The game is really playing well now, Johnny is very happy. This is the best version of FIFA since 14, and may even be better, and I don't say that lightly.
Old 10-01-2016, 12:50 PM   #387
Rookie

Anyone else finding it incredibly difficult scoring this year? My past 3 games have all ended in 0 - 0 and my only win came against Bournemouth (1-0 win with Arsenal)

Professional is too easy, I can't seem to break down Legendary, they just always press me and once I pass the ball into the final third, I lose the ball every time.

Anyone got any tips? I've been playing FIFA for years but this one has been incredibly frustrating.
Old 10-01-2016, 12:56 PM   #388
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron458f

Getting fouls and was a sending off for cpu that gave a penalty away

Not bad it just needs a couple of more fouls but the problem here are the shots like I mentioned to you before. Man UTD would usually always outshoot the opposition and have like 15-20 shots
Old 10-01-2016, 01:00 PM   #389
MVP

Does anyone know how to get my twitch live streams to save so can upload them?? Playing on PS4 and have the app on iPhone

Old 10-01-2016, 01:03 PM   #390
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Realy love the update. Messed around a little bit early this morning, and other than sprint(which I'll keep at 46/46), I'm moving forward with all of the suggested changes. The game is really playing well now, Johnny is very happy. This is the best version of FIFA since 14, and may even be better, and I don't say that lightly.

I agree Fifa 17 minus 3 awkward animations its the best in the series so far.
Old 10-01-2016, 01:03 PM   #391
Rookie

I'm excited to give this set a try at some point today! The RF at 5/5 is a little nervy for me, but I can always adjust my own tactics to have my guys give some more runs, too. Glad you think this is playing as well as 14, the best one, IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2016, 01:04 PM   #392
MVP

OVR: 6

Update is fantastic. Was extremely skeptical about the low run frequency, but the CPU makes plenty of runs still.

Just played two drastically different games using BVB. 2-2 vs Leverkusen and 0-1 vs Berlin. Leverkusen really pushed the pace, 23 shots (12 on target). Berlin, complete opposite, 5 total shots and really chose their spots throughout. I was out fouled in both games! 7 in the first and 6 in the second. If you utilize the shielding and right stick moves, you will certainly see your fair share of fouls. The right stick flick burst (hate that word now!) really can help you draw them near the opponents box.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »