Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 12-22-2016, 08:06 AM   #4049
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

First of all I would like to say thanks to Matt and everyone else who came up with these sliders. They have made the game more enjoyable for me.

I've got a couple of issues with the game in general which I would appreciate some help with.

Firstly, why does it seem like the cpu have so many more players than me at times?! They manage to get everyone behind the ball and leave no room to attack, and then they suddenly win the ball and have a massive overload in attack? I've tried so many different tactics but it always ends up the same way.

How the hell do I get my striker to play as a striker? I've tried every single option in player instructions but he is constantly hanging around in the DM position... Same goes for my right midfield players. They end up everywhere on the pitch apart from out wide, no matter what instructions I give him.

Next, how do you stop the cpu from simply smashing through the back of your player and coming away with the ball? They send my player sprawling and yet if I so much as look at one of the cpu players they get a free kick and a yellow card against me?

How do I get my teammates to become more useful? If I manage to win a tackle, the ball bounces loose and my teammates just stand around watching or walk away while the cpu just strolls in and takes it...

These issues are making the game so frustrating at the moment but it has the potential to be a very good game. I've always played PES up until last year but I don't remember these issues being so obvious in 2016.
Old 12-22-2016, 11:37 AM   #4050
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarezar
I find that the CPU becomes less efficient. But when they are more efficient with 50 acceleration, it feels like it's cheating. So, it's a choice between higher but frustrating challenge or an easier but more realistic game.
Yea that's what I found as well. I had been playing with 49 acceleration for a while even after Matt changed it to 50. When I finally made the change to 50 I instantly noticed the AI started to play better and be a bit more efficient. I have no clue why, but that's kinda what I feel like. Even though I love the pace of the 49 accel, I'll probably keep it at 50 so it gets more challenging, after all every football game should be a challenge that counts to realism as well
Old 12-22-2016, 02:12 PM   #4051
Rookie

Can i put the CPU minimum pressure to 55, if i use the Krebstar's Custom Team Tactics ?

Thanks for your reply
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2016, 04:52 PM   #4052
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
I find that the CPU becomes less efficient. But when they are more efficient with 50 acceleration, it feels like it's cheating. So, it's a choice between higher but frustrating challenge or an easier but more realistic game.
I think that's just isolating any issue by power of suggestion.

Challenge is relevant to what exactly? The CPU defensively or offensively?

The same could be said for Sprint, pass error, pass speed, shot error, run frequency, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 12-22-2016, 04:54 PM   #4053
Rookie

Quote:
49 acc has saved the game for me, a Player Lock player. I can see no late game cheating as on 50 acc where it wouldn't allow me to make a pass or receive a pass, plus all the 90th+ minute heroics where 3 passes and they were in for a score or every foul in my third resulted in a converted penalty or free kick.
Old 12-23-2016, 09:48 AM   #4054
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz85
First of all I would like to say thanks to Matt and everyone else who came up with these sliders. They have made the game more enjoyable for me.

I've got a couple of issues with the game in general which I would appreciate some help with.

Firstly, why does it seem like the cpu have so many more players than me at times?! They manage to get everyone behind the ball and leave no room to attack, and then they suddenly win the ball and have a massive overload in attack? I've tried so many different tactics but it always ends up the same way.

How the hell do I get my striker to play as a striker? I've tried every single option in player instructions but he is constantly hanging around in the DM position... Same goes for my right midfield players. They end up everywhere on the pitch apart from out wide, no matter what instructions I give him.

Next, how do you stop the cpu from simply smashing through the back of your player and coming away with the ball? They send my player sprawling and yet if I so much as look at one of the cpu players they get a free kick and a yellow card against me?

How do I get my teammates to become more useful? If I manage to win a tackle, the ball bounces loose and my teammates just stand around watching or walk away while the cpu just strolls in and takes it...

These issues are making the game so frustrating at the moment but it has the potential to be a very good game. I've always played PES up until last year but I don't remember these issues being so obvious in 2016.

You spoke everything I wanted to talk about, really what I see with these current sliders ...
Old 12-23-2016, 10:45 AM   #4055
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmydogud
49 acc has saved the game for me, a Player Lock player. I can see no late game cheating as on 50 acc where it wouldn't allow me to make a pass or receive a pass, plus all the 90th+ minute heroics where 3 passes and they were in for a score or every foul in my third resulted in a converted penalty or free kick.
The big thing that I have noticed is that defensively I don't feel like my defenders are losing a battle of agility against the CPU attackers, and then in situations where I use super-cancel I have a good chance of controlling my player's momentum. Before I had to really time it about 2 to 3 "frames" ahead to anticipate where I wanted my player's momentum to finish. Makes a big difference imho.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2016, 11:29 AM   #4056
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Trying to get that first win with Rangers, yikes. Happy Holidays, everyone!

https://www.twitch.tv/matt10l

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »