Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2016, 07:26 AM   #4089
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Hope every has had a Merry Christmas (Or a happy holiday if you celebrate something else)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz85
I've got a couple of issues with the game in general which I would appreciate some help with.

Firstly, why does it seem like the cpu have so many more players than me at times?! They manage to get everyone behind the ball and leave no room to attack, and then they suddenly win the ball and have a massive overload in attack? I've tried so many different tactics but it always ends up the same way.
I know exactly what you mean but I have some advice for you.
For attacking, you need to increase the speed of build up play in your tactics. This will help bring players forward quicker. Also setting your in game attidute to Attacking/Ultra Attacking during a counter attack (or in general) will bring your mean forward quicker. You could also increase your RF slider.
For Defending, try this: when the CPU is rushing forward, just use your right stick and select your striker and just walk backward (don't run!). The rest of your team will close down the CPU much quicker and better and the CPU will not rush forward as quickly. The reason is that the CPU reacts to your run button (stupid, I know) and it also believes your AI defenders are better than your selected player at defending. Try this a couple of times and you'll be amazed (obviously not in a situation where they are 2v1 in your 3rd)

Quote:
How the hell do I get my striker to play as a striker? I've tried every single option in player instructions but he is constantly hanging around in the DM position... Same goes for my right midfield players. They end up everywhere on the pitch apart from out wide, no matter what instructions I give him.
You can't. A couple of things that help a bit are formations that use both CAMs and CMs so that there are more options there and to increase to Attack/Ultra Attack during build up play (he will still come back for a pass but less frequently and he won't just linger there for ages). Neither do wonders but they help a bit.

Quote:
Next, how do you stop the cpu from simply smashing through the back of your player and coming away with the ball? They send my player sprawling and yet if I so much as look at one of the cpu players they get a free kick and a yellow card against me?
Normally, you hold L2 and nothing else to protect the ball. But it's the CPU so it will "cheat" sometimes (especially on Legendary)

Quote:
How do I get my teammates to become more useful? If I manage to win a tackle, the ball bounces loose and my teammates just stand around watching or walk away while the cpu just strolls in and takes it...
They will never be as good as you would be but the most important thing is player form. Make sure they get above 7.0 for several games and they keep playing better and better. It's bit of pointless advice though, I am mostly telling you to play better and eventually your players will play a bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I think that's just isolating any issue by power of suggestion.

Challenge is relevant to what exactly? The CPU defensively or offensively?

The same could be said for Sprint, pass error, pass speed, shot error, run frequency, etc.
The CPU's main attribute for being challenging is that it can react faster than a human in the same situation and that it can do it with 11 players instead of just 1 or 2 at a time. By making the CPU accelerate slower it diminishes this advantage (because they may react faster towards a ball but they won't reach it as quickly as they would at acc50; yes, the player is also slower but this gives the player more time to decide and do anything really; you could change what I said to "it makes the player more efficient"; same thing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sih1984
Anyone else finding the game way to easy. Playing on legendary and I can win at will. Lowered the cpu shot error but still. And set acc as 50.

They're just very passive and make some strange choices in the final 3rd.

The game is not a challenge for me
Mate, I saw what others have told you and I will agree. The game on full manual can be frustrating and feel like cheating even when you master it. But there is nothing that can make it challenging for you if you find it too easy on non-manual Legendary.
Try these settings on World Class Full manual:
Pass error 49/51
Pass speed 47/47
Shot error 48/48
Everything else keep from the community set (might be worth increasing the keepers a bit, I always found 15 way too low but that's personal preference)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arielortega10
Seriously, how does anyone deal with the A.I's insane strength!

also how the hell do you stop the computer just bringing it down on their chest from corners and free-kicks! wtf!

is this a slider problem or do i just suck.
They get a bonus, particularly on Legendary. You need to use L2. Sometimes you need to hold it, sometimes you need to spam it. Using the "right" direction on the stick is important too (or not using the stick at all). It takes some practice.
Depending on whether you are playing Legacy or Tactical Defending, the use of L2 behaves slightly different when you are defending; attacking is the same. Obviously check your players have high enough strength. Defenders usually have higher strength than wingers, and CFs frequently have higher strength than full backs.
With regards to the your second question, hold L2 and spam the shooting button. The pass button would actually pass the ball but has less chance of winning the header than the shoot button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
Lowering shot error won't do anything.
Actually, it does increase the CPU's shot accuracy. The keeper may still block a lot of them but more shots will hit the target.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Introspectah
What odd advice.

If a manual player's pass percentage is below par or expectation i'd simply recommend him to be more careful in his passing, and, depending on the particular reason behind his (un)forced errors, to become more mindul as to prevent giving the ball away too easily.

Same goes with shots.
If you miss target too often, simply review the situations in which you have shot too hastily, or whenever you have released a shot that had a small chance of actually being scored.

To bypass the finetunement of the player's own set of skills and behaviour on the ball, by abusing sliders in order to narrow down the repercussions of your own mistakes, is quite worrying to me, and forms exactly that sort of qualm i've been having with a large chunk of motivation that has driven many players in the past, and to this day, to mess with sliders way too early on, before even having put in a decent amount of hours in training sessions, cause that's what ''professionals'' are meant to do, right?

Train to become better, not instantly grab the crutches!
I don't think it's odd advice at all

Firstly, the community set has enforced error on user pass and shot. Do you understand what that means? It means that you, as a perfect manual passer and shooter, may have performed a pass or a shot to perfection but a random number in the code decided to ruin it for you. My advice is to remove these random errors that we have enforced.

Second, even at 50, there is an element of error there added by the game's difficulty. At World Class and Legendary, penalties apply to the player. This is in the code. There is also code that changes these penalties during games.

Third, with manual passing, the receiver of the pass doesn't behave in the same way as with semi/automatic. What I mean is that with assisted passing it's not just the direction and power of the pass that is assisted, the receiver of the pass will also be "moved" faster and more accurately towards the ball. This is the only way EA can create Assisted passing, otherwise the ball would have to turn right and left after it had left the foot of the passer. With manual passing, the receivers behave different and they even ignore balls right in front of them when they are facing the passer from 3 yards away. I'm sure you agree with me that in real life, not all passes go within 0.5cm of the receivers feet. You have to move a bit to get to the ball and (surprise surprise) stretch your leg a bit to reach a few cm further, which is something your teammates frequently do not do with manual passing.

Finally, how about he decreases error first until he gets used to it and once he finds it too easy again he can increase it again?? You know, when you were 3 years old, did your parents give you a professional bicycle to learn how to cycle? Or did you have the two extra wheels at the back to keep you steady?
Old 12-28-2016, 07:04 PM   #4090
Rookie

Wow, so I dug back into my Portsmouth CM, and I'm loving it with these sliders again. After taking a break I was able to let some of the little things that were driving me insane go...and now I'm just having a blast.

Was sitting in 4th with Plymouth Argyle well ahead of everyone in 1st. Went on a 7 game winning streak with varied games (scores like 4-1, 2-1, 2-0, 1-0 etc.) including a big win over Argyle in my 1st game against them. Just entered January and have been going through the mid December/early January death of games and finally had my winning streak snapped 2-0 against a bottom 4 team in Newport County. The fatigue and luck finally got to me.

I now sit in 2nd, 8 points back of Plymouth, so still a big hill to climb, but entering January I have a few targets to improve my team in mind in the RM and RB department, hoping I can get a deal to go through.
Old 12-28-2016, 09:42 PM   #4091
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocityy
Wow, so I dug back into my Portsmouth CM, and I'm loving it with these sliders again. After taking a break I was able to let some of the little things that were driving me insane go...and now I'm just having a blast.

Was sitting in 4th with Plymouth Argyle well ahead of everyone in 1st. Went on a 7 game winning streak with varied games (scores like 4-1, 2-1, 2-0, 1-0 etc.) including a big win over Argyle in my 1st game against them. Just entered January and have been going through the mid December/early January death of games and finally had my winning streak snapped 2-0 against a bottom 4 team in Newport County. The fatigue and luck finally got to me.

I now sit in 2nd, 8 points back of Plymouth, so still a big hill to climb, but entering January I have a few targets to improve my team in mind in the RM and RB department, hoping I can get a deal to go through.
Glad to hear, Velo. I'm getting a lot of stuff ready to bring on my Youtube CM. Just a lot of prep work to make it presentable. Make sure to stream when you can!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2016, 01:57 PM   #4092
Pro

Bure10Beezer34's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Glad to hear, Velo. I'm getting a lot of stuff ready to bring on my Youtube CM. Just a lot of prep work to make it presentable. Make sure to stream when you can!
Excited/curious to see what you've got up your sleeve for this years Youtube CM series. Will definitely be tuning in!
Old 12-29-2016, 02:38 PM   #4093
Rookie

Guys I have stumbled upon a major problem in career mode

I am sheff wed 2nd season just finished 8th in the prem awarded £86 million but given like £12 mill by the board for transfers ...can live with that I guess

BUT .... i bought like 6 players pre contract just got arrived at the club email...2 are not there inc christian eriksen ... he's on my wage bill for £150k a week ,,,on the bit where you got to contracts or sell players but not in my squad and he's down as being at barcalona when you search him, same for a ST whose at schalke

WTF ???

I even went back to my save just before end of last season hoping to correct it ...but no exactly same

what can I do ? anyone else experienced similar ?????
Old 12-29-2016, 03:43 PM   #4094
Pro

Bure10Beezer34's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny1210
Guys I have stumbled upon a major problem in career mode

I am sheff wed 2nd season just finished 8th in the prem awarded £86 million but given like £12 mill by the board for transfers ...can live with that I guess

BUT .... i bought like 6 players pre contract just got arrived at the club email...2 are not there inc christian eriksen ... he's on my wage bill for £150k a week ,,,on the bit where you got to contracts or sell players but not in my squad and he's down as being at barcalona when you search him, same for a ST whose at schalke

WTF ???

I even went back to my save just before end of last season hoping to correct it ...but no exactly same

what can I do ? anyone else experienced similar ?????
The pre-contract Eriksen deal you might want to google.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FifaCareers...ntract_glitch/

I found that, might want to backup your save before trying what the 2nd user suggested. Good luck!

Edit: I hate suggesting this but you might wanna use one of those "financial takeovers" or whatever to help with Prem funds. I'm already thinking ahead with my Portsmouth CM and have heard about the Prem not giving you the appropriate money after you get promoted so I was considering doing this myself.

Last edited by Bure10Beezer34; 12-29-2016 at 03:46 PM.
Old 12-29-2016, 05:56 PM   #4095
Rookie

Is there a slider that increases or reduces tackling effectiveness ?

The reason I ask is I'm struggling with game play balance.

On semi pro (using this set) I have possession roughly 55-560 percetnt of the game but usually the CPU takes 2-3 times more shots on goal and has twice as many tackles or more.

The issue is I slowly creep up field only to have it inevitably taken away by an unstoppable tackle by a back. Never called for a foul. It's almost like they run into a wall there with the four backs waiting. So I'm not creating chances and the tacklin feels OP. In reverse my CPU team mates are fairly passive and do not pressure CPU for the ball unless close to the box. Thus my lower tackle number.

Amateur is the reverse. My team tackled like gods. The CPU can't seem to get the ball from me except near or in their box where I think the tackling is about right (leading to fairly equal shot counts for me and CPU).

Also my possession time is too much on amateur.

(I know I'm on low difficulty but I'm probably older than most players and can't really handle the higher levels yet due to stick skills)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2016, 06:47 AM   #4096
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure10Beezer34
... and have heard about the Prem not giving you the appropriate money after you get promoted so I was considering doing this myself.
Aha! That explains it I was wondering why I got peanuts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgexpat
Is there a slider that increases or reduces tackling effectiveness ?

The reason I ask is I'm struggling with game play balance.
Hi Sgexpat

Unfortunately, there is no slider or other setting to balance CPU tackling efficiency. There are 3 things I can advise, although they are not exactly super great

1) Edit every single team sheet before you start your career (at least the ones you will be playing against, including potential promotions/relegations) and change their custom tactics to reduce aggressiveness and pressure. This won't make them tackle less efficiently but they will go a lot less for a tackle.

2) You can also (or either) change the Marking slider to a much lower value. This will also give you more time and space. Both 1 and 2 will take a bit of testing from your part.

3) When you see an opponent near you, try holding L2 (or LT on Xbox) to protect the ball. It takes a bit of practice and it won't always work (like in real life ) but with a bit of practice, they won't be able to tackle you that easily.

I'm not sure how long you have been playing the game so I'm reluctant to say that you also need to practice more. If you're new to the game, I am certain you will soon be looking to bump the difficulty to Professional (and face new woes). If you have plenty of experience with the game, then I would start by lowering the Marking value.

Hope this helps a bit.
Best of luck

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »