Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2017, 06:24 PM   #4137
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
It's definitely random and it's definitely not reversed

Things that definitely affect injuries:
- Rain
- Playing on higher difficulty (CPu tackles more)
- Playing too many games (like in English Premier, if you have EFL and FA cup and Europe, the chances for injuries increase a lot)
- Using protect the ball constantly (for some reason, if you just rush through and get tackled, even badly, you don't get injured that easily, plus your player may jump over a tackle, which they don't do if you protect the ball)

Things that I think affect injuries but I am not certain:
- Marking (closer marking makes physical game more frequent and tackles hit you with full force more often)
- Acceleration (it seems to change the force of sprite collision)
- Player form (I swear, the better the form a player has, the higher the chance he will get injured! But it's probably a placebo )
Strange.
I've come to find none of this matters in my case, literally none of it, and i hang on that L2 in quite a lot of instances, which is ever so useful, and realistically so, might i add.

Even the AI is stoppable when it shields the ball seemingly omnipotently, if you only hang on his back with X and manage to shift and turn correctly and swiftly in the direction it sometimes ever so agile-ly switches into.

For me, the only decisive factor in player injuries is player form or high player potential or stats.

When a certain player of mine does exceptionally well, is on quite a streak (rating-wise or regarding goals or assists) i'm expecting him to fall out injured quite soon, with a few exceptions at times.

Furthermore, if i bench a top player with full stamina while fielding a lesser qualitative player, quite often i'm expecting him to fall out as the AI's expecting, in some match-ups, of me to field my best players.

Furthermore, if according to the law of momentum (CPU being on a streak and me being on a negative one) i need the points, it often happens that in the first minutes one or two of its top players deliberately fall out at first contact, even the most innocent one, in order to bring on a lesser substitute.

Moreover, if you have 4 qualitative RB's at your disposal, expect 1 or at least 2 of'em to drop out soon, if you've increase the slider to somewhere above 59.

More worryingly and slightly disappointingly, you'll hardly ever (at least i won't) have 3 strikers fall out simultaneously (unless one's just on the brink of making a comeback, if they're all you've got.

It is coded into a game that you'll never ever have to improvise by putting a CB or CDM on LB for instance or fielding a CAM as a striker, which is a sad thing as i yearn to be forced to improvise like this.

Even with injury frequency upped as high as 72-74 and with all your strikers doing exceptionally well, it just won't happen.

Two, yes.

Bought Kane at Arsenal cause no other top club would buy him, so i felt forced to make the realistic move (justified by him having been raised at Arsenal, holding a fondness for the club), and in his first 7 games he scored 6 with his eyes closed; totally obviously being allowed by the AI to score easy goals.

Whadda ya know, he falls out injured for 3 months in the 7th game. $
No surprise.

Benzia (76: age 23) swaps Kane, does as good as him in the next 5 games (almost as if the game couldn't tell the difference in between the two, hence distributed equal advantage), falls out for 6 weeks or so as well.
* this intuitive suspicion of mine proved right by an article which somewhat later appeared in which Kane got praised for his excellent form while he'd been out cold for more than 6 games and Benzia was substiting him with great, almost equally prestigious results.

Sanogo's bound to fulfill forlorn promises, doesn't manage to score a goal in the next 8 games or so, even though it was a delight to hold up play with him and even though he got quite a bit more clear-cut goal scoring opportunities than his predecessors.

Yet i didn't get upset cause i liked the relative sense of realism connected to Sanogo staying on drought but playing fairly well for a player his capacity and strength. (rated 72, deplorably never increased in rating even though according to rating and perceptible proof he did very well)

Benzia comes back, does well again, no issues.

Lo and behold, when Kane comes back, the ever so elusive, masterful Kane, gets injured on his first ball contact, 3 months out again.

A pattern starts to become reaaal obvious here.

But i don't mind as much, cause i like to have a lot of injuries, and love to be forced to make use of my whole squad.
And since i don't expect to rely on top players on the whole, and even prefer to play with lesser rated players ('round 74-77 of young age at Arsenal) i don't mind having my top players out, but the way in which it is consistently enforced once more generates quite a lot of disappointment in the undeniably rigidly fixed coding of fifa.

By the way, Sarezar, i'm aware that i still have to respond to your response to the comment which i had dispatched some 2 weeks earlier, but this is the first time i've been here since then, only dipping my toes in briefly, so i'll definitely respond some time later, when i feel like it.

On a final note, unsurprisingly, as i bought two promising full-backs (LB, Tigiev from Anzhji Machachkala and RB Hildeberto something something from Nottingham Forest, look'em up, gems!(at least according to my assessment which revolves around seeking out the unknown stars much like ole Wenger's known to stubbornly continue doing.) and decided to field'em in an apparantly unexpected and unsuitable [for the AI's computing] match-up, in which they played exceptionally smoothly and skilfully (Tigiev 9.3 after 65 minutes) they both fell out injured. Surprise Surprise!

I took this as a reprimande for not having played the better players (LB, Amavi, 79, 23 age and Sagna (welcome back) 78 instead of RB Hildeberto 70, age 21) in a game which really mattered, in which i could expect the AI to come out full force. (knowing the mechanics behind the calculated changes in its behaviour)

Since stamina is such a joke to the point of certain players easily recovering even with one day's (not two) rest in between league fixtures, i feel compelled for the sake of realism to introduce my own rules so i can at least, in the absence of injuries, introduce some refreshment so as to get a feel of how my back-up players (which otherwise would hardly come into view) perform.

It's funny to see how the AI will drastically alter your calendar to pack it chock-full of fixtures (even with one day's rest in between at the rare occasion) when you're doing really well.

Saved a screenshot of one laughably packed month which i must share later on.
A month in which i had to play City four flucking times!!!
Flack that, i already face them more than enough, but 4 flacking times in a month!!
Sim that sheeet.
Old 01-08-2017, 06:41 PM   #4138
Pro

Besides, massive thanks to Matt and other peeps involved in the works of this as you've provided me with a set which finally allows me to relish offline play which has, for the most part, been unfolding magnificently realistically.

Though i must add that i've finally perfected the realism of my own gameplay to which the AI's adapting with a fairly similarly realistic approach, so it could very well be that this ever so pleasantly surprisingly sudden change hasn't all that much (certainly not everything) to do with sliders as much as it pertains to the AI adapting itself to a realistic style of play (most importantly defensive organization) which it requires as a prerequisite in order to take, hence treat, the player seriously.

Once i'd managed to put a consistently realistic gameplay on the mat, i began to notice how the AI all of a sudden began to show itself to not be exploiting my unforced errors as nastily as it otherwise does when you're stacking one blatantly unforced error onto another, like not properly marking your opponent or leaving too much space for it to exploit, or marking the wrong man, hence the tiki-taka.

Now that i've perfected my gameplay, which took years of practice and study of professional football, and multiple resignations of my offline career, i've finally understood why the AI does the tiki-taka at instances in which it receives signal implying that you're posing no threat to its ball posession: hence the fooling around until you properly mark your man or properly cut off the passing lanes around which it plays ever so tauntingly whenever you're not fulfilling the basic requirements necessary in order for it to take you seriously and begin to build-up play with according respect to the threat you pose to its ball possession.

Presently, ever since, i hardly ever see this tiki-taka (perhaps also thanks to the sliders partially) unless i'm playing against PSG the masterful that should very well be putting this kind of exceptionally skillful play on the mat, to which you must defend in block instead of trying to intercept the tiki-taka pass halfway, unless you really know your way around that.
and sometimes when during a game of 15 min. halves the level of concentration is declining which results in giving too much space for the opposing players to pass the ball playfully in between themselves, which they'll do with great pleasure, as a signal for you to come out and play by at least decently cutting off the passing lanes with preferrably two players pressing, swiftly changing in between the two in order to trick the opposing player into running the flank and closing him down by cutting off all other passing lanes, which i prefer to do, though there are other options to your liking of course.

Anyways, massive appreciation to all you who've been involved in the making of this.
Regardless of other possibilities that i suspect have as well played a role in the remarkable shift of gameplay, it's provided me with a tremendously pleasurable experience.

For the sake of determining to what extent these sliders have been solely responsable for this, which i, again, suspect they aren't, only up to a certain, nonetheless considerable, percentage, i'd have to test out gameplay on neutral sliders yet i'm immoderately complacent once i've found the sweet spot so that i couldn't care less to alter the sliders just to experiment before reverting'em.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:23 AM   #4139
Rookie

Stimuli's Arena

I decided to take a break from Fifa as the issues I was having resulted in a negative experience

I returned this weekend to see If i could work through these issues and unfortunately I reached that point again

and it;s all down to loose ball retreat https://vid.me/jH2a and players not reacting to balls near them, It's a game breaker for me and every time (every game, numerous times) it happens I can feel that controller ready to be launched at a wall

Massive shame because with the sliders + full manual + legendary I can really imagine a fun career mode, damn you EA
Old 01-09-2017, 07:58 AM   #4140
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyShagpile
Just curious as to how many of you lot are using Legendary for away and WC for home fixtures. Thinking about doing this with these sliders but Legendary has driven me mad in the past.
I play all my games on Legendary. It's too easy otherwise. There is also one particular thing that annoys me on World Class. During the first 20-30 minutes of the game, the CPU will randomly shoot the ball from defense/low midfield area towards my box. It's like saying "here, take the ball back I don't want it", and they do it even when I don't press them. It's not a lob pass, they just randomly shoot the ball. As time passes, they eventually stop doing this (they obviously never do this on Legendary).
Old 01-09-2017, 09:30 AM   #4141
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarezar
There is also one particular thing that annoys me on World Class. During the first 20-30 minutes of the game, the CPU will randomly shoot the ball from defense/low midfield area towards my box. It's like saying "here, take the ball back I don't want it",

I've experienced exactly the same issue when i tried out a game on world class before immediately returning to legendary difficulty, and i've reached the same conclusion as you.

Obviously, when you manage to maintain a certain quality of performance the AI on world class somehow gives up on trying to compete with you (as if it wouldn't be allowed on world class to overclass your level of gameplay which it interprets as qualifiable for legendary play) hence they simply hand the ball back to you by committing the most laughable unforced errors in passing, which even happens on legendary at times when you're dominating play but happen to hand over the ball by foolish accident, to which they react by giving you a second chance to more succesfully bring your decent build-up to completion.

Quote:
and it;s all down to loose ball retreat https://vid.me/jH2a and players not reacting to balls near them, It's a game breaker for me and every time (every game, numerous times) it happens I can feel that controller ready to be launched at a wall
But do you see what course of action resulted in that manipulation of your player's movement so that the AI could [according to its coding] deservedly retrieve the ball?

The key to trick the AI is to hold your stick in one direction before swiftly turning or passing into another.
Dribbling for instance cannot be done efficiently if you hold your stick too long in one particular direction as then it is way too easy for the AI to anticipate where you're heading into or where you're planning to land the pass.

The key to succesfully dismantling the AI's composure which can be so wickedly nerfed if the momentum of the game is leaning over to the AI, is to direct the stick smartly in one direction so as to fool it into expecting you're gonna deliver that evident pass (like in that fragment you shared) so that you can at the right time, turn away, or pass the ball elsewhere, more safely.

When momentum is not on your side (by not having dominated the play consistently for long enough) you're gonna have to build in security in your passing first; only once you've reached some consistency in your passing (by doing this i usually hover around 87-92% pass acc) you will be rewarded by being enabled (frequency of reward depending on the importance of the fixture) to succesfully complete that easy pass which otherwise would be intercepted by the admittedly ungodly potent AI (if its mind's been put to it) but there's a way around this.

I've finally come to find out that even in games where you feel like you're bound to lose no matter what, if you manage to play really securely in your passing and defense, you'll eventually be rewarded with some clear-cut chances anyways, but it requires a total shift in mindset from yearning to score that goal at all costs, to prioritizing keeping a clean sheet and carefully taking your chances.

But above all, in order to forestall this blatant abuse on the AI's behalf, you'll have to master the basics of gameplay first; solid defensive organization, effective marking by making efficient use of your whole team, and learning how to trick the AI by feinting not with the player (as that's just damn hard to learn except with really gifted players if you know how to handl'em well) but with your stick, as that where the most ''damage'' is done.

Even when it comes to finishing, which, the experienced, evolved manual player, should have learned often requires you to hold the stick in one direction before at the very last moment switching the stick to another in order to succesfully ''put the GK on the wrong leg'' (literally translated idiom from my language).

Alas, it requires so much time, care, effort but above all learning and evolution before one manages to master all of this, and most sadly and infuriatingly disappointingly, the AI will never ever play relatively completely realistically so long as you haven't gotten the basics of gameplay right.

But when you do, oh boy, does the gameplay feel and look marvellous, still being far from perfect of course, but close, damn close.

I could add some footage to show you what i mean, and to add visual proof to the lessons which i find indispensable in this learning process which is a necessary step to take if you ever want to manage to get a fairly realistic career going for your self.

I feel your pain as i've lived countless such disappointments my self, but i've come to see the light and wanna share at least a glimpse of it; not cause i think i'm better at all, but cause i feel empathetically moved to help out my fellow sim enthusiasts who're going through similar struggles as i not so long go used to be infuriated by as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2017, 09:58 AM   #4142
Pro

Quote:
Firstly, the community set has enforced error on user pass and shot. Do you understand what that means? It means that you, as a perfect manual passer and shooter, may have performed a pass or a shot to perfection but a random number in the code decided to ruin it for you. My advice is to remove these random errors that we have enforced.
Question is, are you aware that regardless of the error percentage (at least if it stays within reasonable limits) your pass will definitely be misled if you made it too easy for the AI to anticipate it?

I've also found out that when you start to make a rule out of toning down the risk in your passing and endeavour to the best of your ability to fool the AI into expecting a pass to be landing in a certain player's feet while at the very last moment switching lanes, pass error (at least of the current set) doesn't really come into play at all, so long as you pass very mindfully and securely.

In my experience i've often found reckless decision-making in passing by rushing the timing which forces my player to move his body unnaturally with incorrect timing, is the prime cause of blatant pass errors; even down to the simplest looking passes that are totally manipulated to fail cause you didn't control the ball properly when you needed to*, just like professionals (with few gifted exceptions) are trained to do in order to ensure a securely given pass.
*Example: Contrary to previous editions, most certainly the last two, this year the enhanced coding of the game has made it almost impossible to take a ball out of the air with a one touch pass or lob in a risky situation, whereas previous years this was so easy to pull off almost as in ''beach volley-football'', so now when you take this risk, specially in defense, even with plenty of free space to manoeuvre, the coding will often deliberately fail your pass even if you timed and powered it well: this aspect of coding, i interpret as one way of the programmers to encourage proper football by controlling the ball first, like professionals do, you know.

I vividly remember my youth coach back in the day harassing me, so to speak, or better said, harshly reprimanding me for employing too many fancy passes (like heels in the air whenever a ball should be controlled, or pass with the heel behind one's body or to one's right behind the left foot) cause accuracy and security are valued above all in football, as mistakes, even the most simple ones, are deadly and are to be expected to be taken good use of, as the AI is known to so rigorously do ... yet when you're playing well, having drawn momentum to your side, the AI's not as vicious and becomes more lenient, allowing you a second chance from time to time by missing that clear-cut goal-scoring opportunity, so long as you manage to keep defending well after having given away the ball all too foolishly.

Quote:
Second, even at 50, there is an element of error there added by the game's difficulty. At World Class and Legendary, penalties apply to the player. This is in the code. There is also code that changes these penalties during games
I believe we have the same thing in mind here.

Quote:
With manual passing, the receivers behave different and they even ignore balls right in front of them when they are facing the passer from 3 yards away.
When i'm in the flow, playing fairly impeccably, this hardly ever happens to me.
What's more, when i'm passing the ball around really masterfully, holding the AI in my grip, i feel my players off the ball become boosted and almost begin to behave more like they were ''assisted''....i find that, given your display of knowledge in this regards, you should be aware of this factuality.

Bottomline, the player has much much more responsability in determining the AI's behaviour than is commonly believed to be the case.

Quote:
''not all passes go within 0.5cm of the receivers feet. You have to move a bit to get to the ball and (surprise surprise) stretch your leg a bit to reach a few cm further, which is something your teammates frequently do not do with manual passing.''
When they don't fulfill this basic expectation in my experience, this usually is a sign i'm not being on point in my passing, taking too much risk, passing too carelessly or timing my passes imperfectly, hence the consequent offbeat behaviour of my teammates, which i find is easily resolved if you take great care in refining your passing play and timing of movement and all.

Quote:
''Finally, how about he decreases error first until he gets used to it and once he finds it too easy again he can increase it again??''
Just start at 50, that should be the logical starting point for everybody, and for every slider.
Practice of one's own gameplay should always be put in first before moving into sliders, cause as long as you continue to evolve in your gameplay, you'll never be able to gauge with absolute certainty the degree of influence of sliders versus your own input.

Quote:
''You know, when you were 3 years old, did your parents give you a professional bicycle to learn how to cycle''
At that age i wasn't ready for that yet and years later i was too afraid to pick up the bike again cause i once took a nasty fall on the face.

Once i had overcome my fear, i skipped the bike and went straight for a motorcycle.

haha, no no, just playin.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:10 AM   #4143
Rookie

Stimuli's Arena

Spoiler

I think you're trying to give me some helpful advice here but I'm struggling to understand what exactly it is, lets break it down simply and I'll explain what happens in the video

The first part of the video and lasts around 13 secs (lets ignore the 2nd example)

This was the 9th minute of play at 0-0

I (Bournemouth - red and black team) attempt a pass between the two Spurs players, the ball is intercepted and rolls back towards my player, at this time I am not controlling him as I have been switched to the intended receiver, the player (not controlled by me) retreats immediately

Can you explain simply what I am doing wrong here? misplaced passes and intercepted passes are part of the game, I'm not worried about a misplaced pass, I'm referring specifically to the retreating player and free ball he runs away from.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:50 PM   #4144
Rookie

Hi guys and i am very glad that i have found this site

I would like to ask something that may have been asnwered before. I don't want to seem as lazy, but there is 500 pages and i just don't have that much time to read through all of this. So sorry if this seems lazy.

The thing is - every player is little bit different, so each player can encounter different problems when playing against AI in FIFA.

1) My big problem is that no matter if i play on World Class or Legendary, the AI seems like they don't want to win, they don't want to score goals, the only thing they care about is ball possession and passing. They don't attack unless i make some crazy mistakes. So each game looks the same, i try to get the ball, try to get through their very good defense and thats pretty much it. It mostly ends up 0:0 or something like that and simply putt, it just isn't fun (compared to the PES AI) and when you play Career mode, this is very annoying.
Since i am not expert in setting sliders, do you think that there is some setting or something, that would help me? THat would make the AI more attacking?

2)Also i've heard that any changes to the sliders work only if you play with half time lenght of 10 or more minutes. And if you play something like 6 mins, you can almost forget about sliders. Is it true? Thank you guys.

EDIT:
OK, so i have tried the custom sliders and i here are my thoughts:
(world class, 6 minutes)
- i don't know why, but my first impression of the slow speed of the game was, that it somehow felt even quicker than the normal speed without the sliders.
- even in the first match it felt much better than without using sliders. It was quite the improvement.
- AI is still very very defensive and parked in the box when they are without the ball, but they are much more attacking when they have the ball. And that is perhaps the best change i have noticed. They attack in different ways, they even score goals and that is not happening without the sliders.
- Variety of results. Without the sliders most results i had was 0:0 or 0:1 and now with the sliders i played four matches (same teams, same conditions) and first i lost 1:2, than i lost 0:2, then i won 3:0 and the last match was 0:0 draw. Which is awesome.
- The pass error seems a bit too much. I am playing championship teams and the threaded pass (i think it is called that way its the R1 + X pass, which is much stronger than regular one) is almost impossible to use, because in 99% the pass just ends up missing to the point i feared to use it (even though i like that type of pass a lot) I know its supposed to be real, that worse players are worse to play with, but even i would be able to pass better and i am far far away from being good footballer in real life So how come championship players miss it all the time.
-how can you guys play on 10, 15 or 20 minutes long half times? The results must be like 7:9 or 10:2 no?
- Overall it seems very good so far, but four matches aren't enough to test it.

One more important question:
3)There is red highly recommended tip to change the deffensive pressure in custom team tactics before starting new career mode. Can someone explain this to me? Where to set it, how to set it, to whom - to CPU or to the user? What it does? Is it important? I have watched the video, but its either not there or i must have missed it somehow. Thanks

Last edited by Molda22; 01-09-2017 at 03:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »