Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2017, 10:51 AM   #4481
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

'

Browsed the threads in order to find the post of mine which you had brought to mention, as i didn't know what you were having in mind, yet as i read this comment of mine:
Quote:
Maybe cause you're defending poorly.
CPU's tried this before with me, but once you learn how to defend well, this type of action really shouldn't pose too many problems.

Granted, it's still way unrealistic though, but so might your defending be.
I now understand better what sort of pretension you were rightfully accusing me of.

You're right, there's no way for me to be capable of determining how the experiences of other players oughta look ike, even if they ''defend well'', yet the underlying definition of defending well would have to be held under scrutiny before we could get on the same page, as your idea of defending well most probably does not entirely align with mine, since it is my conviction that a player needs to take full responsability for the movement of his own pawns without relying on the AI to do the filthy work for him.

That's like expecting your local police department to resolve a case of FBI investigation, and then complaining afterwards about how anomously the interrogees behaved when being interrogated by amateurs (= amateurs referring to the AI's defending which needs the help of a human hand to finetune it).
At least, when you investigate and interrogate your self, you can take responsability for the possible effects of your own actions, though many an investigator still finds it way easier to entirely displace the blame outside of himself.

Not the best analogy but, hey, gotta work with what comes to mind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2017, 10:55 AM   #4482
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Introspectah
Now i'm ''belittling'' a community at large by rightfully criticizing the poor defending of one particular player at hand? mind you, without (as emphasized before) extrapolating inferences regarding the level of defending of others, so i don't see what's put a knot in your knickers here.

I've no clue what bigdawg did so your reference eludes me.
Edit: ah, i did the same. Criticizing his defending?
Oh, poor lad, this must've seriously flucked up his day, hasn't it not?

Think everyone involved could always benefit from growing a slightly thicker skin so as to more efficiently cope witj and integrate respectfully worded criticism, regardless of how you interpret my intentions as it's more than fair to say that i've got a better clue of the emotional intonation i'm intending to put across than those who barely know me, and my way of functioning, do.

Seems like it's common for people to misinterpret the straight-forward expression of my criticism as intentionally hurtful, which it never is.
Always intended as constructive criticism, otherwise (if clarification isn't on my agenda) i wouldn't bother commenting.

I did analyze Sarezar's manner of defense as displayed in that clip, though it's not like this analysis required much effort or anything, so might as well call it plain observation followed by a fairly simple, inconclusive judgement.

And by putting across my humble opinion from time to time, i'm not invalidating this grander purpose at all, nor am i working against it; nor am i preventing its smooth procession.
My sporadic critical intervention could merely be classified as a temporary disruption which, in my view, would seem to be possibly beneficial only if the reader of my comment would be willing to undertake the necessary, honest self-criticism instead of accusing the originator of the apparant disturbance without acknowledging the contribution he intends to make.
Sorry, man. It's a cop out to say "defend better" or "play better", it's cliche and a cop out. Don't act like it's not. If you think the reader benefits from hearing that, then what will you say when they do defend better and the animation still occurs? Look around throughout the forum and see how many times someone says "play better" to the poster, you and I both know that will be received negatively - and the majority of OSers will also feel the same way, so don't act like it's helping anybody except yourself.
Old 02-19-2017, 11:03 AM   #4483
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Okay, back to get on track here. It is a slider thread, not an idiotic, petty, thread to non-slider issues.

1. Think pass error can go down with the lower pass speed. Seeing good things including the CPU getting rid of the ball quicker.

2. GK Ability can go up I feel. The CPU diving underneath the ball's path is occurring much more often than it did previously. So going to test that.

3. Marking can go down, but need to look at the lines possibly. Still a bit end to end, but I think the higher FB is helping quite a bit, so may be able to drop marking slightly, and raise FB.

Other than that, think it's in good shape. Those are the things to look at. Looking forward to test out @bigdawg1690 suggestion of the preset tactics.
Old 02-19-2017, 11:18 AM   #4484
Pro

Quote:
It's a cop out to say "defend better" or "play better", it's cliche and a cop out. Don't act like it's not.
Well it would be if i were to present this necessitated course of action as a solution to all problems presented, which it is not, by far.
But it is a solution to quite a lot of issues, as i have my self come to find out, and it does empower the player in question so as to alleviate his compulsion to always displace accountability to the AI for behaving anomalously without taking any responsability for his influence upon the behaviour of the AI --- which is unmistakably far-reaching.

Quote:
then what will you say when they do defend better and the animation still occurs
Well first i would have to see footage which would demonstrate that (just like you always stress the importance of this) so that i could make up my mind, and eventually have to conclude (as i already have) that the AI will continue behave erraticely (yet perhaps less frequently) regardless of how well one defends.

Yet i'm adamant that the strangeness of AI's behaviour can definitely be minimized if the player cleans up his own mess first, before expecting the AI to attack realistically when the player isn't even defending realistically.

Just like i have seen so many people in the past, including your self, lament about the AI's obviously unrealistic style of offense whenever the human player isn't even properly cutting off passing lanes or holding a proper defensive organization in place.
Then, given this lack of professionalism on the player's behalf, how could you expect the AI to take the player seriously when the AI's perceiving no threat to its ball possession at all?

Quote:
Look around throughout the forum and see how many times someone says "play better" to the poster, you and I both know that will be received negatively
I have debunked this overly simplistic representation of yours in the past, for i've never ever intended to make seem as if ''simply playing better'' will be the solution to everything.
Besides, first the criteria that define better play would need to be specified before one could even maintain a serious face while encouraging someone to optimalize the quality of his gameplay --- something [improving one's gameplay] which should always be encouraged by whoever is seriously moved to promote realistic gameplay.

I don't care if people become offended by being presented with a critique of their poor gameplay, for how could you ever improve your self if you anxiously strive to maintain an environment absent of painfully constructive criticism?

Alas, whenever intentionally constructive criticism is felt to be painful, the intent of the criticizer is all too conveniently and unjustly invalidated purely on the basis on the hurt feelings of the recipient in instinctive reaction to such criticism.

A sign of immaturity, i say.

Quote:
and the majority of OSers will also feel the same way, so don't act like it's helping anybody except yourself.
How is it helping my self?

I don't do this for my self at all. There's no strictly egotistic benefit to me.
I don't wanna be perceived as right at all times, for in fact i've proven plenty times before that i'm most willing to accede to my mistakes, faults and general deficiencies as a human being in development.

All i intend to do by publcizing comments of this nature is to act as a naturally responsive human being who intends to share what he thinks might be valuable to others, although i'm acutely aware that an all-pervasive hyper-sensitivity to sharp criticism disables most readers from acknowledging the validity of most of my points and hence blinds them from realizing the fairly altruistic benevolence of my intent.
Old 02-19-2017, 11:31 AM   #4485
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Okay, back to get on track here. It is a slider thread, not an idiotic, petty, thread to non-slider issues.

1. Think pass error can go down with the lower pass speed. Seeing good things including the CPU getting rid of the ball quicker.

2. GK Ability can go up I feel. The CPU diving underneath the ball's path is occurring much more often than it did previously. So going to test that.

3. Marking can go down, but need to look at the lines possibly. Still a bit end to end, but I think the higher FB is helping quite a bit, so may be able to drop marking slightly, and raise FB.

Other than that, think it's in good shape. Those are the things to look at. Looking forward to test out @bigdawg1690 suggestion of the preset tactics.
Quote:
Okay, back to get on track here. It is a slider thread, not an idiotic, petty, thread to non-slider issues.[/b]
Idiotic? Hmn, how so?
Seems like you've got your knickers in a twist and are now immaturely intending to villify the other who has been intending to interact with you respectfully, purely on the basis of feeling incapable of dealing with this pressure which you sense, but which might only be happening in your mind, not in mine, and perhaps not even in 'objective reality' at all.

Furthermore, this basic form of human interaction is not as unproductive as you would want to make it seem, for it's capable of providing you food for thought to possibly aid you in developing your self-knowledge.
Alas, what good is self-knowledge for, huh?

'specially when it comes to matters pertaining to this game in which you can simply sidestep self-responsability by displacing accountability over to this wicked AI which deserves most of yet not all of the blame.

And spare me the attempt to make it seem as if this ever so minor discussion is going to entirely derail the progression of this thread for most people participating in this have already become well-conditioned to cognitively dissonantly turn a blind eye to certain matters they deem as potential threats to the status quo which they and you seem to be wanting to guard at all costs.

As far as i'm concerned, this brief intermission has been no more than a very basically humane attempt to understand one another better so as to optmize the overall social cohesion --- which is an endeavour which definitely benefits the dynamic of this thread, as Sarezar has demonstrated that by means of his ongoing willingness to get through to you, regardless of your instinctive emotional flare-ups at first, he has definitely managed to achieve a betterment in the dynamic between the two of you, and in turn has benefited the dynamic of this group at large.

We're all humans after all. No androids purely mechanically interacting with one another with no regards to the psycho-emotional components of one another's being, and the cognitive distortions or emotional sensitivities that may prevent us from handling matters more efficiently as opposed to having to continue villifying another, merely based on a prejudice of his ill-intent which does not align with the reality at hand.

Oh, yes, most clearly all of these honest expressions have been most idiotic!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2017, 11:55 AM   #4486
Banned

Can you please give us the latest sliders you're testing. I'm using the updated ones after the patch. Was enjoying it on World Class moved to Legendary for start of new season. I've lowered pass error to 52 as well. I'm assuming for both user/cpu?

Keep up the good work.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-19-2017, 11:57 AM   #4487
Rookie

bigdawg1690's Arena

OVR: 1

I tested against Bournemouth, however I didn't notice any excessive forward dribbling animations. I'm not sure it is tied to individual players, in my experiences it has usually been team defined. IMO certain players like Wilshere stand out simply because they are the player who receives the ball at that midfield point where the CPU starts this bombing forward recklessly tactic. This new patch has brought it back to the forefront; I didn't notice it hardly at all the previous patch. Certain clubs like Inter, Napoli, Bayer Leverkeusen seem to consistently do it. Just played Bayer in my career mode, and the straight forward dribbling was occurring again. I switched them to High Pressure, the style most suitable to them, and it was gone. It is my belief that it is a simple coding issue with tactics taken to the extreme. Again, this is just my experience not sure how others have felt. I'm very happy the solution I am using, which isn't perfect but works, makes Fifa playable again to me.

Also, when Introspectah makes a post that is meaningful and actually contributes to the community someone please tag me in it, as perhaps it would make up for the meaningless dribble that I've surfed through anytime I see him comment. This statement is just my honest expression. I'm not an android in case anyone was wondering.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by bigdawg1690; 02-19-2017 at 11:59 AM.
Old 02-19-2017, 11:57 AM   #4488
Banned

Supposed to copy this in my last post 😂

Sent from my SM-G900F using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »