Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2016, 09:11 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Some thoughts after a couple more tests, and matches.

- Bursting remains enemy #1.

- When defending, the CPU has a very annoying tendency to sprint forward, and push themselves out of position, for no reason, as the player with the ball glides past.

- Pass Error works nicely. Tested various settings and 70 looks like a good mix. Not as many bad crosses like 16 either. More passes into space by the CPU.

- Pass Speed needs to be toned down. The CPU, whether it's Newport County or Arsenal, try to break you down with drilled passing. It is extremely OP.

- If Pass Error is raised, they still perform the drilled pass, it just flies chest high like it did in FIFA 16. So again, Pass Speed will help this.

- Pass Error raised results in the CPU GK still being in-between minds on what to do with the ball at his feet. Have to find the proper balance here.

- Line Height increased will prevent the CPU GK perfectly punting to an unmarked forward.

- Sprint Speed at, or below 50, will result in jogging animation a lot sooner, this time while dribbling with, and without, the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2016, 09:33 AM   #42
Rookie

Stimuli's Arena

OVR: 0

No idea why I do this to myself but I've ordered '17, After playing the demo and seeing the bursting and as Matt mentions above, the defender sprint forward I should stay away, But I suppose I'm an addict.

Nice to see you all here again though and hopefully we can deal with the issues promptly
Old 09-24-2016, 09:54 AM   #43
Rookie

Thanks for the feedback on pass error, sounds promising. While the game eventually becomes too easy, without realistic pass error I don't see how it can feel more realistic as a whole.

I'm not entirely sure I understand the issue you are describing with bursting. As far as I can tell, it's not 100% successful and it won't work very well on Legendary when the opponent is strong (in reality, players burst like that all the time when the opponent is not marking well/very closely).

If the problem is indeed as serious though, hopefully an adjustment to Marking will improve it.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:27 AM   #44
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

I don't know about this bursting thing, I mean does it exist? It does, but, and this is my problem with it, you have to seek it out, you have to "try" to do it,and that for me makes it a cheese move, an exploit if you will, that is totally avoidable by simply playing football. Why waste our valuable time on fixing an exploit? Just don't do it!
Old 09-24-2016, 10:27 AM   #45
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Good to see you, Stim

Sarezar - it's more so as you're already sprinting. So you can hold down sprint and cut inside, and veer across the bank, and back in, untouched.

I experimented this morning, threw some values together. Tested Analog Sprint Off, and some other things.

And, yes - I did test bursting, just watch the video.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2016, 11:26 AM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Good to see you, Stim

Sarezar - it's more so as you're already sprinting. So you can hold down sprint and cut inside, and veer across the bank, and back in, untouched.

I experimented this morning, threw some values together. Tested Analog Sprint Off, and some other things.

And, yes - I did test bursting, just watch the video.
In some ways, this video was by far the most realistic FIFA play I have seen. I think pass error will need a lot more testing. Would love to see how the top teams play with the setting at 70. First touch error certainly made it interesting, though I'm sure it's another setting that needs testing.

I understand what you mean by bursting but because it's not often successful (as seen in all the videos, including yours) and because it happens in real life, I don't see it as a problem. Still, some ideas to try:
- Would decreasing Marking instead of increasing it work in our favour against bursting?
- Is there a way to make it so that if you were to use bursting, you spend that player's stamina faster so that at least it takes something back?
- Maybe decreasing team width will cut the running lanes/areas down?
Old 09-24-2016, 11:53 AM   #47
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarezar
In some ways, this video was by far the most realistic FIFA play I have seen. I think pass error will need a lot more testing. Would love to see how the top teams play with the setting at 70. First touch error certainly made it interesting, though I'm sure it's another setting that needs testing.

I understand what you mean by bursting but because it's not often successful (as seen in all the videos, including yours) and because it happens in real life, I don't see it as a problem. Still, some ideas to try:
- Would decreasing Marking instead of increasing it work in our favour against bursting?
- Is there a way to make it so that if you were to use bursting, you spend that player's stamina faster so that at least it takes something back?
- Maybe decreasing team width will cut the running lanes/areas down?
I love your thinking, and can get on board with the mindset. Some of the questions can be answered, but depends on multiple values being addressed as a combo.

- Decreasing marking can work if it's paired up with the right Sprint/Acceleration and Line Length discrepancy.

- Stamina depletion/conservation is primarily based on the acceleration value. Lower acceleration = more stamina and higher acceleration = less stamina. The problem you run into is the very fast look of the game with a higher acceleration, or if it's too low you see little effect to players' fatigue levels.

- Decreasing team width would be relative to marking value. If you decrease it too much, with a lower marking, it could work, but it could also result in absent minded defending, or worse ADD (attention deficit defending). If marking is too high, then they'll try to mark too many players at once. From what I have seen, width may again be only for the offense, and not the defense. Similar to how it was when 1.05 patch came out in FIFA 16.
Old 09-24-2016, 12:13 PM   #48
Rookie

Non Idoneo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
I don't know about this bursting thing, I mean does it exist? It does, but, and this is my problem with it, you have to seek it out, you have to "try" to do it,and that for me makes it a cheese move, an exploit if you will, that is totally avoidable by simply playing football. Why waste our valuable time on fixing an exploit? Just don't do it!
Sorry man but an "exploit" is kick a corner with effect to sign a gol. But run and acceleration is the base of game, if the base is broken, the game is broken. What do you play this game if you don't run of acceleration to change the pass of your player?

It's one of the base of football.

This is a second year that EA dont't fix this. No excuse

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »