Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2016, 08:58 AM   #473
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

After 5 games with set 2 I gotta say, that it feels way too easy on WC. Normally WC was my thing to go, but Im still able to run through the whole defense with a fast player. :/
Old 10-02-2016, 09:04 AM   #474
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redic
After 5 games with set 2 I gotta say, that it feels way too easy on WC. Normally WC was my thing to go, but Im still able to run through the whole defense with a fast player. :/
i think this needs to be looked at, its too easy to run past defenders with quick players

i am playing on legendary
Old 10-02-2016, 09:11 AM   #475
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by p33t0

1. To increase pass speed as it feels too pedestrian. In real life, competing against teams from higher divisions you notice how quickly they move ball and how well they receive the ball on their first touch. With the current slider set I feel as though i'm playing 5-aside with a few mates who are hungover and playing a lot of hospital passes. I'm currently watching the Man Utd vs Stoke game and the pace of passing is immense - try and catch it on MOTD if you can.

2. To increase players movement on the ball - as they feel too rigid and not fluid enough.
Here, here, these are some of the main gripes i've had with Matt's slider arrangements for as long as i can remember.

I recall Matt being offended by me judging some of his play, of which i had seen footage, as remarkably amateuristic in its approach (which unfortunately offended him deeply), and these points you depicted are but some of the traits thereof.

We're constantly reading that the pace of the game needs to be toned down, and while i agree with that basic proposition, the following results of its application usually turn the way the game plays down to a football game with a level comparable to a second or third division Belgian game.

Just like you alluded, pace of execution is what sets apart the masterful from the mundane, so i can't help but notice that sliders in here cater more to the mundane than encouraging the masterful.

To each his own, of course, yet a recurrent theme i have noticed in this community is how, contrary to common claims, a part of the underlying motivation to rearrange sliders definitely is to neutralize the AI's threat or to significantly reduce it so that it becomes managable; which, evidently, makes the game much less enjoyable if, aside from adoring realistic simulation, you crave a hefty challenge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2016, 09:14 AM   #476
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Introspectah
Here, here, these are some of the main gripes i've had with Matt's slider arrangements for as long as i can remember.

I recall Matt being offended by me judging some of his play, of which i had seen footage, as remarkably amateuristic in its approach (which unfortunately offended him deeply), and these points you depicted are but some of the traits thereof.

We're constantly reading that the pace of the game needs to be toned down, and while i agree with that basic proposition, the following results of its application usually turn the way the game plays down to a football game with a level comparable to a second or third division Belgian game.

Just like you alluded, pace of execution is what sets apart the masterful from the mundane, so i can't help but notice that sliders in here cater more to the mundane than encouraging the masterful.

To each his own, of course, yet a recurrent theme i have noticed in this community is how, contrary to common claims, a part of the underlying motivation to rearrange sliders definitely is to neutralize the AI's threat or to significantly reduce it so that it becomes managable; which, evidently, makes the game much less enjoyable if, aside from adoring realistic simulation, you crave a hefty challenge.

So finally i have to comment that no matter how beautifully realistically a game plays, if the AI-controlled top quality team doesn't pose a sufficient threat on numerous occasions, the whole realism loses its appeal and...sense of realism.

If i'm leaving too many wide-open gaps for the AI to dive into, some top quality players should be expected to punish me off most of the time, regardless of how realistic the sliders are supposed to make them behave up until the final quarter of the pitch.
Old 10-02-2016, 09:39 AM   #477
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entiae
I think I need to move up to Legendary. The game plays great with set #2, but I don't truly feel challenged and I score too easily. I have shooting on Semi and the rest on Manual, but my "problem" is not really that my shots are too accurate, but I create too many clear chances. The CPU could use a bit of a boost too.

We'll see how it goes on Legendary.
Quote:
After two games it feels like this for me, too. Im trying a few more and then bump up to legendary.
You could do a acceleration discrepancy 49/50, and lower their pass error. See how that goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvertonianSteeler
Didn't get on yesterday but after I couldn't get into Matts twitch stream on Friday night I continued playing instead and changed the HLW to something similar to this and upped the pass speed as Matt suggested after watching one of my games on Twitch. Game felt much better.

In recent years I have bored you all senseless with line height so was a bit wary of suggesting pushing it too much (Was starting to sound like a one trick pony). So I am really glad it is working.

I will try these exact ones later, after todays real matches, although I think I will stick with the lower sprint (just personal preference)
Watching your stream from Friday prompted me to look at these values, so kudos for sure. In previous FIFA's, a significant line height always balanced out the play, but the defenders never got engaged to the attackers the way they should. 17's physicality is the core of the gameplay now, and it's welcomed.

Sprint is always personal preference, some don't mind the jogging animation, and some hate it with a fiery passion - myself included .

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvertonianSteeler
I tried a women's match the other day and in some ways it felt better than the mens game. Can't put my finger on what exactly but there was just something different about it (in a good way). Don't know if maybe it is coded differently but it is worth trying.
Simply put, the ball is bigger. Correction, the ball looks bigger to their calves and feet. This is why PES feel is better. The ball is bigger.

FIFA would benefit greatly from a slight increase in ball size, just slight - and it would make all the difference in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p33t0
Hi Matt,

Excellent work with the sliders. As an ex-footballer, you have definitely captured a level of realism with set 2 - midfield battles are competitive, player positioning/marking is the best i've experienced thus far, and every mistake goes punished.

My suggestions are:

1. To increase pass speed as it feels too pedestrian. In real life, competing against teams from higher divisions you notice how quickly they move ball and how well they receive the ball on their first touch. With the current slider set I feel as though i'm playing 5-aside with a few mates who are hungover and playing a lot of hospital passes. I'm currently watching the Man Utd vs Stoke game and the pace of passing is immense - try and catch it on MOTD if you can.

2. To increase players movement on the ball - as they feel too rigid and not fluid enough.
Fantastic, another ex-footballer myself, except for the occasional Sunday co-ed league (sigh).

1. So t0tten had pass speed at 48 and while it played well for lower division clubs, the top clubs over-used the driven pass. That is the problem with FIFA, there are always thresholds in which things start to fall apart, and the idiotic feature of driven pass remains in 17. I too would love more crispness of the passes, but going too high - and you get those kind of passes as option #1 for the CPU. If we watch real football, they do move the ball at pace, but if you were to put a gauge on the pass speed (I usually will count in seconds of how long the ball takes to reach the player) the highest speed the ball will go to a player, is about 2 seconds. In FIFA, a driven pass goes about .5 seconds.

2. So velocityy and I messed around on his stream last night with various settings. Basically we tested the threshold of certain values, without everything falling apart. FIFA 17 is very sensitive, especially because of the bursting issue, so any adjustments to run frequency, pass speed, marking, etc - they can easily break this thing wide open. We tried run frequency from 10 to 6, and right away, the "pass and move, pass and move" concept was back. There was no more midfield, and it was 1 or 2 passes to release a player to face up the defenders.

One area that could get attention would be FB positioning raised. I advise this cautiously though as the FB will get caught out of position much more often, and the CPU will go route one more that way instead of trying to build up. Again, this still needs testing, but it is a way to get the player movements off the ball in particular.

As always, every value is looked at, and I always test the thresholds. So far, from the amount of testing last night, the Set 2 values are still intact and validated.

Quote:
As mentioned above, increase CPU accel from 49 to 50 and see how that goes. Fast players will get more freedom in tight spaces, but it's all relevant to what caused them to have those chances. I look right away at the defending players, and the animations that they display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone9
i think this needs to be looked at, its too easy to run past defenders with quick players

i am playing on legendary
For this kind of feedback, I need to know what the defenders are doing. Are they not attempting to tackle? Are they taking a terrible animation (DAA, see OP), what?

What have you tried as well? Increase accel 49/50? What about Sprint 50/51?

Anytime something feels easy, create a discrepancy somewhere in favor of the CPU, then balance from there.

FWIW, I'm also testing these thresholds. The very key is not adjusting so much that the bursting returns as much as it did before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Introspectah

This is your problem, Intro. You take things with concepts, yet in execution, you fail to grasp how it impacts the community - and their overall thoughts. My slider sets are based on feedback from the community, the one that you constantly demean and act like you are better than 90% of them.

You also assume the certain values that create those moments of "masterful play" haven't been tested. Again, you fail to grasp that in a video game there are exploits, and priority #1 is to lessen the chance of those exploits appearing. You don't seem to understand that thresholds are tested to make sure those exploitable animations are lessened even further. Instead, you take the product and blast it without understanding the purpose of the values.

That's what offends me. I could care less how you think I play. I think that goes for just about anyone on here, they could care less how other people play. If the core of the game doesn't play the right way, then that's what sliders are for, and are intended to create a sense of a challenge and a sense of realism. That is not a very easy thing to do - at all - and the fact that you literally never provide any constructive feedback RELATIVE TO THE SET, is also offending.

Your belittling posts and lack of sportsmanship to your fellow OS brothers continues to baffle me. You have no sense of understanding what a community, let alone a community of slider creators, is created for. Honestly, you had one good post in last year's thread and it was the first time I interacted with you. Actually it was the 2nd post, because your first one was the most belittling and offensive of them all.

I suggest changing your attitiude, lower your pride, and help us the %^&* out for a change.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:03 AM   #478
MVP

@matt10 not sure how many tackles we want the cpu to have but made some changes and they had 14 here and 2 fouls one which was a penalty

Pass error 57/57
Pass speed 47/47
FT 90/90

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-02-2016, 10:04 AM   #479
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron458f

@matt10 not sure how many tackles we want the cpu to have but made some changes and they had 14 here and 2 fouls one which was a penalty

Pass error 57/57
Pass speed 47/47
FT 90/90

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
More tackles will be more fouls. I think it has to do with length, exploring some values now:

https://www.twitch.tv/matt10l
Old 10-02-2016, 10:12 AM   #480
Rookie

OVR: 4

Same from me ,game went much easier with that slider set 2, tohugh i still use that 49/50 cpu advantage.I have had a much easier time in defense and also on offense.Struggled a lot to score with set 1,b ut with set 2 itīs a lot easier to find open space and get to the box.All my opponents are quite weak ,cause i play with Newcastle ,but even in FA cup against Swansea i didinīt face much problems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »