Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2017, 11:56 AM   #4889
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by buziii
Easiness is in the thumbs of the beholder. I think these sliders form a great basis to start from and can be adjusted based on individual talents, play-style, etc.

I'm a more casual player and they are not too easy for me. I need a bit more time and space to be competitive. But, I've simply given myself a small (2 click) advantage in Accel and Sprint Speed, and cranked down the CPU marking one click. This is still pretty difficult for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbaja22
I've said it from day one with this set that it's to easy . I've had to raise pass speed for the cpu and Acceleration to 50 and sprint to 50 to have a challenge . I think these teams are a great choice in their respective league's , Deportivo la coruna , Hoffenheim , Hamburg , Wolfsburg , Genoa , sassuolo , Fiorentina or Villarreal . I would like to see how you do with any of these teams in their league .

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
I'm honestly in awe of you guys who think this set is too easy. I'm getting shelled in my test career and am lucky to get 2-4 shots on goal in a match. It's dawning on me that I may be the worst FIFA player alive. I'm going to stick it out though and take my licks

Just remind me to run fast in the other direction if I ever bump into any of you in a dark alley.

Psychos...all of ya
Old 03-08-2017, 03:09 PM   #4890
Rookie

https://youtu.be/Mamnzba9SNc

away at Troyes
15min Set 1.07 w/adaneseans CTT's 1st half and Possession in the 2nd.
WC/Manual w/ semi for crossing/Broadcast 0/1

I agree about dispossessing the opponent. It can feel a bit easy and you begin to depend on it a bit. Also, using legacy defending, you can also just mash the secondary press to win the ball back. It didn't help me though.

Plenty of chances to observe goalkeeper behavior, although I'm not the best judge of what looks correct. No problem with strikers falling back too far in this match, although I would like my CDMs to stay a bit deeper than they do. The novelty of having virtually no jogging or ADD has not worn off on me yet. The only jogging that I saw happened to a player who was completely tanked from my heavy pressing. Any feeling of ADD and absentmindedness near the ball was quick to fix with supercancel, and I only remember having to use it once. Granted, I was scrambling.

I must be reminded to never control a RB/LB/RWB/LWB...ever. Otherwise its overrun/oversteer city. Poor clearances, and I never could breakout of my half of the pitch correctly. In spite of all the heartache, I really like it.

Last edited by JimmyTheMeatball; 03-08-2017 at 03:19 PM.
Old 03-08-2017, 03:26 PM   #4891
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTheMeatball
I'm honestly in awe of you guys who think this set is too easy. I'm getting shelled in my test career and am lucky to get 2-4 shots on goal in a match. It's dawning on me that I may be the worst FIFA player alive. I'm going to stick it out though and take my licks

Just remind me to run fast in the other direction if I ever bump into any of you in a dark alley.

Psychos...all of ya

LMAO! that's hilarious...

I don't like to say its "too easy"... Predictable is a better word choice. It's not as if I'm just running through great teams at will, not at all really. I just think there is some exploration possible with this fantastic base set, that can get the CPU to use a greater variety of options.

The set is a perfect starting point for all skill levels, but it'd be pretty outrageous to think that it's going to fit every single player of FIFA. Was just trying to echo my thoughts and see what personal tweaks others may have used to remedy them.

DBaja, thanks for the insight on team selections, but I did start one up with Schalke last night. Opened up vs. Frankfurt and won 1-0 on an OG. Followed that up by being supremely dominate by Bayern 3-0. That Bayern game was a perfect encapsulation of my thoughts. Clearly wasn't easy as they handled me. I just felt like I knew exactly what they were going to do, and couldn't stop it. Wish I would've seen a few more passes into space and in the air, but I suppose why bother if you're gonna just tik tak me to an easy win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2017, 04:55 PM   #4892
Rookie

Stimuli's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benja190782
Okay, please here me out.

Shot power at 47/47
Shot acc. 52/52
GK at 0/0
I tested this today and while you may see some nice animations the GK's ignore the ball a yard either side of them from the waist down, It happened numerous times unfortunately
Old 03-08-2017, 05:43 PM   #4893
Pro

adoptedscouse's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimuli
I tested this today and while you may see some nice animations the GK's ignore the ball a yard either side of them from the waist down, It happened numerous times unfortunately

I thought that may happen, I'll still give them a shot though tomorrow & see how they go.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-08-2017, 08:18 PM   #4894
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimuli
The problem with lower GK ability was their tendency to dive under the ball, I've posted videos previously in the thread and it was pretty horrific on the slowed down replays

I have no idea how it looks with the lower shot speed though

I think you're right but I've really not put the game time in to pin-point what it is, The ease of winning the ball back has really screwed how good the sliders are and is probably the reason something feels off.

I have two suggestions

Torino - http://sofifa.com/team/54 > My personal fav of the two, mainly because of Belotti and how well he plays in the game

&

Schalke - http://sofifa.com/team/34 > This was short lived but they have some good young players (Meyer,Embolo,Avdijaj,Goretzka)
The GK tends to also have very low powered goal kicks and punts as a result.

Since we had 15 GK for the longest time, it's not surprise that 0/0 works the same. The issue is that one instance of 15 GK, before patches 1.07 and 1.06, was that it reduced the dive under the ball animation. Now, that animation has re-emerged, and so 50 has worked just fine.

Regarding the ease of tackling the CPU. Have we tested acceleration discrepancies, or FT?
Old 03-08-2017, 10:30 PM   #4895
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Not sure where this came from...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2017, 04:23 AM   #4896
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
The GK tends to also have very low powered goal kicks and punts as a result.

Since we had 15 GK for the longest time, it's not surprise that 0/0 works the same. The issue is that one instance of 15 GK, before patches 1.07 and 1.06, was that it reduced the dive under the ball animation. Now, that animation has re-emerged, and so 50 has worked just fine.

Regarding the ease of tackling the CPU. Have we tested acceleration discrepancies, or FT?
I thought you used acc. 49/50 for away games (and have tested them) ?. That's what I told 1860fan as he called for which values we use for acceleration in CM ?. I use it when it has to be extra demanding, like league 2 team meetings PL teams in the cup. The better the opponent, the better it works. I would also like to test to see if you can shift focus from Marking 49/50(54) strengths to acceleration 49/50?.That You can change the marking and make it higher if we use acceleration 49/50?. Last year Fifa16 taught me that there is only one value relative to the "the magic number",but it could be changed to another value. I talk to those who think it's too easy, I enjoy the set. Regarding how easily you can take and lose the ball, I have difficulty seeing what values can change that?. Only slight bit option is marking, and therefore the previous thought.

Last edited by andanesean; 03-09-2017 at 04:31 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »