Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2017, 05:57 PM   #5313
Pro

adoptedscouse's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

I've got to say FIFA is playing really well at the moment, I'm currently doing four career modes & flipping back to Ghost Recon Wildlands, but FIFA does keep pulling me back

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-20-2017, 07:10 AM   #5314
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoptedscouse
I've got to say FIFA is playing really well at the moment, I'm currently doing four career modes & flipping back to Ghost Recon Wildlands, but FIFA does keep pulling me back

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I haven't even had the time to resume my adventure in the Wildlands,
career is playing that good.
And what with the 15 minute halves that are most ideal when it comes to representing the total duration of an actual game,
not much time left to play anything else then.

Nowadays i'm having to content my self with 1 or 2 games a day,
but it's always being a pleasure,
and almost every day the match turns out differently than before,
which makes it so exciting to come back and see in which way the AI's going to humiliate me next.

So versatile at it too.

Before having tried out this set i sat comfortably with Gladbach at the top (10-3-0), soon i had a record of 10-9-6) XD
It didn't get any better either,
but my enjoyment in playing the game has risen exponentially.

Moreover,
would anyone know how it's possible that the act of linking up your PS4 to a more modernized and enhanced TV with a wider screen and much finer resolution, has seemingly made the play much more slower? (to my enjoyment);
yet which has also slightly increased the delay in between button press and command execution?
(much less to my contentment)

Last edited by Introspectah; 04-20-2017 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Question regarding the impact a modernized TV exerts on gameplay.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:42 AM   #5315
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Introspectah
Now that this room's been inactive for an apparantly very long while,
and now that i've a little time to attribute to getting my sentiment across,
it's a fitting occasion to seize the opportunity to express my deepest
appreciation for the magnificent product you've once again managed to deliver, Matt.

I target you specifically because we all know that without the main aim of your inexhaustible compulsion to get career mode working in the most satisfyingly realistic manner, this product wouldn't exist, though that doesn't mean i don't take into account the collaborative efforts of those that've contributed to the making of this impeccable set.

Some good 3 weeks ago when you responded to my inquiry, Matt, by designating the cause of this sudden drop of activity in here to the ongoing immersion, of almost everyone usually involved, in experiencing the excellence of the final product,
i finally decided to give it one more shot,
and lo' and behold, my jaw quickly dropped in awe as i was once again allowed to experience a most realistic simulation which i've never experienced in career mode before,
not even with that previous set which i've stated on numerous occasions to have been so on poiint.

Ever since, i've been regularly playing career mode,
and to this day continue to be amazed by the seemingly endless variety in CPU attack, and [continue to be amazed] by so many more signs of evidence of a highly enhanced AI to the point where i've begun to have an extremely hard time fathoming how a set possibly can manage to so drastically alter this gameplay.

Much more could be said,
and many, many clips saved which i've been wanting to share;
having resulted in many, delightfully distinct and disparate signs of evidence by means of which a splendi AI can be demonstrated,
yet i haven't found the time nor managed to develop the determination to trim and compile the clips.

Yet since, as i've mentioned in the beginning, it's been so quiet in here,
i figured it to be a fitting moment to seize the opportunity to merely briefly (at least under my terms) express my deepest appreciation and respect for what you (mainly you, along with the collaboration of some notable others) have managed to achieve here --- which, as you have witnessed, had as far as i'd been concerned been written off as the impossible.

Along with this grand revelation in my experience has there been developed a newfound, massive sense of respect, appreciation and admiration,
following which, in the future, i'll be checking my self twice before i criticze the endeavours of this community too harshly,
for my presumptions (nevertheless having been corroborated by empirical evidence) have been thoroughly proven wrong.

I cannot thank you enough.

One day i must get to sharing some of these clips that display the wonderfully realistic side of AI's play; including which are numerous passes to the goalie (finally!) upon being under offensive pressure, and kicking it out into play again (finally!), and so many beautifully diverse ways of setting up counters and building up the play.

Muchas Gracias!!
Hello Introspectah,

I've been away from a while so are you referring to this set
1.07 SET - COMPLETE - 2/28/17 ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2017, 11:26 PM   #5316
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Introspectah
Moreover,
would anyone know how it's possible that the act of linking up your PS4 to a more modernized and enhanced TV with a wider screen and much finer resolution, has seemingly made the play much more slower? (to my enjoyment);
yet which has also slightly increased the delay in between button press and command execution?
(much less to my contentment)
Are you playing in game mode? If not, that might help.

Also, not all modern TVs are made the same for gaming....some may look great but have mediocre input lag....again, this is where use of game mode can help.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 04-20-2017 at 11:29 PM.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:33 AM   #5317
Rookie

SteveFBC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Are you playing in game mode? If not, that might help.

Also, not all modern TVs are made the same for gaming....some may look great but have mediocre input lag....again, this is where use of game mode can help.
Yes you are right of course, I read someplace that it has something to do with the refresh rate of modern TV's, switch to Game Mode circumvents this problem (90% of TV's have this option I believe).
Old 04-21-2017, 02:34 AM   #5318
Rookie

Guys is the 1.07 final set of the year? Because i think i saw on Matt's channel something about 1.08 but i don't see it here.

(and one off-topic question - does somebody know how to finish the task from the owners of the club in career mode that says, that you have to train 3 players from your junior acadamy so that they raise their overall 10+ and they have to start (or sit on the bench) for at least 20 matches and you have to do all of it in time space of 2 seasons? Because i have trained them 15+ now, they all played at least 30-40 matches and it is still not completed. Will it update when the season ends? or is it bugged? Thanks
Old 04-21-2017, 05:27 AM   #5319
Rookie

SteveFBC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molda22
Guys is the 1.07 final set of the year? Because i think i saw on Matt's channel something about 1.08 but i don't see it here.

(and one off-topic question - does somebody know how to finish the task from the owners of the club in career mode that says, that you have to train 3 players from your junior acadamy so that they raise their overall 10+ and they have to start (or sit on the bench) for at least 20 matches and you have to do all of it in time space of 2 seasons? Because i have trained them 15+ now, they all played at least 30-40 matches and it is still not completed. Will it update when the season ends? or is it bugged? Thanks
I think the general consensus is that 1.07 has nailed it.
Matt ran some tests on 1.08 but found the underlying gameplay hadn't changed noticeably from the 1.07 update.

Re: your other question, it should update at the end of season 2, dumb I know but that's FIFA all over lol.
Having said that, I did get a strike against a similar task, even though it was in my Youth Squad Champions series - basically the whole team are youth academy players - and I didn't get the tick. Luckily I kept my job anyway!

Last edited by SteveFBC; 04-21-2017 at 05:31 AM.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:01 PM   #5320
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveFBC
I think the general consensus is that 1.07 has nailed it.
Matt ran some tests on 1.08 but found the underlying gameplay hadn't changed noticeably from the 1.07 update.

Re: your other question, it should update at the end of season 2, dumb I know but that's FIFA all over lol.
Having said that, I did get a strike against a similar task, even though it was in my Youth Squad Champions series - basically the whole team are youth academy players - and I didn't get the tick. Luckily I kept my job anyway!
Why the heck did they get ride of board strictness to restrict your money more?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »