Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2017, 06:34 AM   #5617
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoptedscouse
I don't use them, have tried but hate the small stuff like really short passing cause short corners & goal kicks for teams like Barcelona & Arsenal etc.

Glad they work for some people as there is no one fix for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Yeah can't stand the short corner fk etc every time so just change them to mix up there passing what I do

Old 07-26-2017, 08:30 AM   #5618
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron458f
I love the custom team tactics but the ones that I think are to extreme like speed 1 and passing 1, I just change them to like 10,20,30 depending on team

Totally agree. There was a guy in here who explained why (do not remember the name) but I realized he was right, and I do not use values below 20 since. And as adoptedscouse scratches, there was a strange and inappropriate side effecting by the build up speed and passing values 1-5. But use what you can and Krebstar has done a great job. It's just important that we dare come up with construct critique so that we can move on without any egos feeling threatened.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:38 AM   #5619
Rookie

SteveFBC's Arena

As always a very interesting conversation going on in here!

Regarding sliders, it is important to understand that some sliders, e.g. goalkeeper ability - have a more or less 'window' of movement - meaning the difference between 1 and 99 in one slider will be massive... in others, not so much.

So for example, a 1 for the keeper is not the same as a 1 for ball control, and so on.

I hope I am making some sense here!

The point I am making is this:

Matt10, Krebstar and others have put in many hours to figure all this out, and I for one applaud their efforts to turn a very poor version of fifa (17) into a much better product.

Kudos to both of them, and to the many other people who have inputted their ideas and expertise into this game!

Last edited by SteveFBC; 07-26-2017 at 08:42 AM.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:40 AM   #5620
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveFBC
As always a very interesting conversation going on in here!

Regarding sliders, it is important to understand that some sliders, e.g. goalkeeper ability - have a more or less 'window' of movement - meaning the difference between 1 and 99 in one slider will be massive... in others, not so much.

So for example, a 1 for the keeper is not the same as a 1 for ball control, and so on.

I hope I am making some sense here!

The point I am making is this:

Matt10, Krebstar and others have put in many hours to figure all this out, and I for one applaud their efforts to turn a very poor version of fifa (17) into a much better product.

Kudos to both of them, and to the many other people who have inputted their ideas and expertise into this game!
Let me start with an apology in advance and I hope I do not offend you with this comment, because it is not supposed. Do not mind it's just my ego, too little nausea, too much praise for others. BUT!, No matter how much work somebody has made, there must be space in my world to ask questions or disagree!. One gets the longest by killing his idol.

This is neither Matt nor Krebstars forum, it is a Community Slider forum created by him / them. It's the users in here that create it. If you look at page 1, you can see how many people have participated in creating OS Sliders.
Quote:

But it's not about sliders (movement) but CTT. For when are the sliders who control and when is it CTT ?. For me, no matter which team you set the value 1-5 on BUP / passing speed will keep the ball and play with short passes are not natural even for FCB. It's the same as if you put crossing below 15, they will at the corner make a short corner kick every time. I agree that the values are different, but not what you think they mean. Long live the difference.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:18 AM   #5621
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by andanesean
But that's the problem, they do not seem to work for everyone. That's why it would be good if more people would start to judge them, Steve is successful with them, I enjoy "suffering" in Championship with mine, Matt enjoying the game without and what about the rest of the 100000 that follows this thread ?.
I would like to try them out but not willing to put in the required effort.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2017, 10:35 AM   #5622
Pro

Quote:
But when I pick QPR, my league objective is to not get demoted, and I end up getting to the CL without getting beaten by any of the big sides outside of MU
The easiness with which this objective is defied validates the theory i've formed thus far;
regarding the total lack of realism that logically follows upon the code that's apparantly built-in to make the player believe he can be as good as the team he picks (which is a huge nonetheless rampant fallacy) by:
1) Paving the road for the expected title to be won more easily with a team that's expected to and,
2) Prevent at all costs a player from relegating,
for in the simple minds of the EA dev's,
they'd expect no player would want that (relegation) to happen to them.

So surely you might find your self in relegation battle for quite some time,
yet ever actually being relegated?
I very much doubt there's a reasonable probability of that happening,
to say the least.

So one of the realest issues when it comes to this problem you've been facing, which we all have been aware of facing to various extents,
is directly affected by the problematic way in which the AI's difficulty is adjusted to the pretedermined level of competence a player is expected to attain, with regards to the objective of its team.

So my concise advice is to look for a team with a medium-sized objective and try to defy that,
see how the AI begins to react then.

It would also be good to try to be attentive to how the AI behaves whenever you're trailing behind your goal,

And, finally, if i were you, after having gone through these trials and tribulations,
I would already long have set myself the challenge to try to beat the teams that i can expect will be dominating me,
Cause once you'd unexpectedly beat one of them,
or hold them to a draw,
you might be surprised to see a bigger team perform more solidly next time.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:58 PM   #5623
Rookie

SteveFBC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Introspectah
I would like to try them out but not willing to put in the required effort.
It has been put to Krebstar to perhaps upload the settings into an Option File.

No reply as yet, but seems like a very good option (at least for PC/PSN users, XBox is a proverbial pain in the you-know-what regarding 3rd party uploads)

- but just to give you some perspective, I completed the entire data entry for the Premier League in around 3 hours (over several days) and I can confirm it was well worth the effort.

May I also commend you on your goalscoring exploits, I've enjoyed watching your uploads
Old 07-26-2017, 09:09 PM   #5624
Rookie

SteveFBC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by andanesean
Let me start with an apology in advance and I hope I do not offend you with this comment, because it is not supposed. Do not mind it's just my ego, too little nausea, too much praise for others. BUT!, No matter how much work somebody has made, there must be space in my world to ask questions or disagree!. One gets the longest by killing his idol.

This is neither Matt nor Krebstars forum, it is a Community Slider forum created by him / them. It's the users in here that create it. If you look at page 1, you can see how many people have participated in creating OS Sliders.

But it's not about sliders (movement) but CTT. For when are the sliders who control and when is it CTT ?. For me, no matter which team you set the value 1-5 on BUP / passing speed will keep the ball and play with short passes are not natural even for FCB. It's the same as if you put crossing below 15, they will at the corner make a short corner kick every time. I agree that the values are different, but not what you think they mean. Long live the difference.
Your highlighted comment above is 100% accurate of course, and I do apologise for not crediting the amazing amount of input to these sliders (both movement and tactical). My bad!

I do acknowledge the amazing amount work, input and know-how of truly dedicated, deep-thinking and (perhaps most importantly) caring people on this forum who want to make a good game into a great game! Kudos to you all!

On your other points, again I agree. The level of user control over the sliders is of course set by EA themselves; the parameters of control can only be taken so far, left or right (slider-wise!) - but I still think the amount of research by ALL (Matt10/Krebstar clearly being, as I believe Matt himself said: "project managers") has got us all a game that is at least approaching some semblance of realism.

Which I think is what we are all striving for - with the possible exception of EA!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »