Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2017, 05:24 AM   #5625
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveFBC
Your highlighted comment above is 100% accurate of course, and I do apologise for not crediting the amazing amount of input to these sliders (both movement and tactical). My bad!

I do acknowledge the amazing amount work, input and know-how of truly dedicated, deep-thinking and (perhaps most importantly) caring people on this forum who want to make a good game into a great game! Kudos to you all!

On your other points, again I agree. The level of user control over the sliders is of course set by EA themselves; the parameters of control can only be taken so far, left or right (slider-wise!) - but I still think the amount of research by ALL (Matt10/Krebstar clearly being, as I believe Matt himself said: "project managers") has got us all a game that is at least approaching some semblance of realism.

Which I think is what we are all striving for - with the possible exception of EA!
You are a friendly man and I respect your way of showing gratitude. My point may not be clear enough. It is crucial to me that it is the whole that creates development, not the individual. But of course we are a bunch of egos in here, some bigger than others. But that means nothing to me!. What is important to contribute with what you have and that you are open and can disagree with disagreement.
Yes, we all want to make FIFA sim-like, there is no doubt about this. We have high expectations for the game, which shows that it has come a long way since 96. There are many factors that make it not always easy to understand what affects what and how much?. What you see is not sure what I'm experiencing, vice versa. I want to ask myself if it was EA's intention with Sliders ?. That they saw the possibility that users spent a lot of energy on improving them. The same with CTT, I'm not saying that's right, I just allow myself to think freely. Because we love to nerd with the 2 factors, and in no way want them to disappear. EA protects itself by not being transparent, without a doubt. But the question is then, what are they hiding?.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2017, 06:18 AM   #5626
Rookie

SteveFBC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by andanesean
You are a friendly man and I respect your way of showing gratitude. My point may not be clear enough. It is crucial to me that it is the whole that creates development, not the individual. But of course we are a bunch of egos in here, some bigger than others. But that means nothing to me!. What is important to contribute with what you have and that you are open and can disagree with disagreement.
Yes, we all want to make FIFA sim-like, there is no doubt about this. We have high expectations for the game, which shows that it has come a long way since 96. There are many factors that make it not always easy to understand what affects what and how much?. What you see is not sure what I'm experiencing, vice versa. I want to ask myself if it was EA's intention with Sliders ?. That they saw the possibility that users spent a lot of energy on improving them. The same with CTT, I'm not saying that's right, I just allow myself to think freely. Because we love to nerd with the 2 factors, and in no way want them to disappear. EA protects itself by not being transparent, without a doubt. But the question is then, what are they hiding?.
Your reply, as always, is interesting and I agree.
The highlighted comment is very interesting;
What they are hiding is their real MO (latin: Modus Operandi) which I believe is to have as many humans as possible play their game (which is fine) regardless of their abilities (which is also fine) and give them a better than 50-50 chance of beating a much superior opponent (which is not fine, either to the opponent or to the player him/her self)

But on this of course, we all agree (?)

I will say that, without people such as yourself, Krebstar, Matt etc. we would be merely unhappy players of this otherwise fine game, the amount of adjustment/influence over the game might be small but as more wake up to the real issues with the game* we can only hope that EA listen and DO something!

*A good start would be for EVERYONE to NOT be suckered into micro-transactions! You would get more return from dropping your money into a fire pit...

Last edited by SteveFBC; 07-27-2017 at 06:28 AM.
Old 07-27-2017, 06:59 AM   #5627
Pro

Quote:
Your reply, as always, is interesting and I agree.
The highlighted comment is very interesting;
What they are hiding is their real MO (latin: Modus Operandi) which I believe is to have as many humans as possible play their game (which is fine) regardless of their abilities (which is also fine) and give them a better than 50-50 chance of beating a much superior opponent (which is not fine, either to the opponent or to the player him/her self)

But on this of course, we all agree (?)

I will say that, without people such as yourself, Krebstar, Matt etc. we would be merely unhappy players of this otherwise fine game, the amount of adjustment/influence over the game might be small but as more wake up to the real issues with the game* we can only hope that EA listen and DO something!

*A good start would be for EVERYONE to NOT be suckered into micro-transactions! You would get more return from dropping your money into a fire pit...
Our "problem" is we demand more than how many millions of teenagers and so forth, who just playing the game not least because FUT, and I`m okey with that. Do not get me wrong, maybe we might put too much into it?. But we do because we love the game, so EA certainly did not fail. That they do not play with open cards are undoubtedly because of money. And you're right it's the same every year, a lot of candipop's nice sweet taste from them, but you've barely slipped it before you've forgotten it. But let's not spend time on a cash machine, but instead enjoy what we have, because it's definitely not that bad. I'm an old guy when I feel what I call The EA Blues, I get PS2 forward and play an older version and return with a smile where others might become nostalgic?.
Old 07-27-2017, 07:07 AM   #5628
Rookie

SteveFBC's Arena

Quote:
Our "problem" is we demand more than how many millions of teenagers and so forth, who just playing the game not least because FUT, and I`m okey with that. Do not get me wrong, maybe we might put too much into it?. But we do because we love the game, so EA certainly did not fail. That they do not play with open cards are undoubtedly because of money. And you're right it's the same every year, a lot of candipop's nice sweet taste from them, but you've barely slipped it before you've forgotten it. But let's not spend time on a cash machine, but instead enjoy what we have, because it's definitely not that bad. I'm an old guy when I feel what I call The EA Blues, I get PS2 forward and play an older version and return with a smile where others might become nostalgic?.
you are not old, compared to me lol I get the EA Blues a lot!
But not because of age, more so because of them (EA) going down a bad path chasing money instead of perfection.

They need to tread carefully, because people get older and wiser (most of us, even young people get old ) and PES are definitely going down the right path in this regard...

Thanks as always for your replies, I value your input and comments as they are always good!
Old 07-27-2017, 07:30 AM   #5629
Pro

Quote:
you are not old, compared to me lol I get the EA Blues a lot!
But not because of age, more so because of them (EA) going down a bad path chasing money instead of perfection.

They need to tread carefully, because people get older and wiser (most of us, even young people get old ) and PES are definitely going down the right path in this regard...

Thanks as always for your replies, I value your input and comments as they are always good!
Yes I'm, but you and I'm are not the only one in here so let's just agree that older men rocks! . And give EA the credit they've kept many young boys "trapped" for many years, and now that they are older they still have them in their hollow hand.
Old 07-27-2017, 07:39 AM   #5630
Rookie

SteveFBC's Arena

Quote:
Yes I'm, but you and I'm are not the only one in here so let's just agree that older men rocks! . And give EA the credit they've kept many young boys "trapped" for many years, and now that they are older they still have them in their hollow hand.
Sad but true my friend!
Old 07-27-2017, 08:37 AM   #5631
Pro

Quote:
Sad but true my friend!
Steve, before we completely sink down The Blues. Let's enjoy the good thing about the beautiful game. Do not know why but I'm pretty positive compared to FIFA18. FIFA17 Was not bad with Sliders and CTT, and if we can build on it I am confident. I believe we will get to see what Frostbite can when it unfolds. You have to read between the lines at EA, But right now they are pretty quiet, a little strange, where is your candy floss EA?.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2017, 08:40 AM   #5632
Pro

Quote:
It has been put to Krebstar to perhaps upload the settings into an Option File.

No reply as yet, but seems like a very good option (at least for PC/PSN users, XBox is a proverbial pain in the you-know-what regarding 3rd party uploads)

- but just to give you some perspective, I completed the entire data entry for the Premier League in around 3 hours (over several days) and I can confirm it was well worth the effort.

May I also commend you on your goalscoring exploits, I've enjoyed watching your uploads
Appreciate it.

And i might be tempted to put in the effort in 18's edition,
Now it wouldn't be worth the effort anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »