Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2016, 02:00 PM   #761
Banned

CanOfCornCobb's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Nice changes Matt. Small tweaks to get the gameplay right, instead of more mass changes. One step at a time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2016, 02:18 PM   #762
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rna6
Hi, I played a match with these sliders, and it ended in a draw (2-2) with 10 shots on target for me against 4 for the AI. Is that because I'm doing 6 minutes matches ? And i put the GK to 10/10 like you adviced to me.

Sorry if the syntax is bad.
Are you replying to me?

2-2 sounds very good for a 6 min match. Looks like lowering the GKs worked
Old 10-04-2016, 02:25 PM   #763
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
After testing the majority of last night, and a bit in the morning, I have determined that marking needs to go down. The number that makes the most sense is 52.

I determined it being 52 by starting to burst from kick off, and seeing how soon the midfielder engages. This is not an arbitrary number, but is one that will work best with the Current Set #2. It would be different if you had HLW different, not to mention run frequency and FB Positioning, etc.

So relative to Set # 2, marking at 52 works the best. I was reluctant to drop from 78, but the animations I started seeing were reminding me of PES' "freak out" defense", which made huge gaps in the defense open.

Listed below are the requested tweaks to test. I am still looking at other values, simply ran out of time. Will be on again later today around 4PM CST.

Sliders Status: Set 2 - Tweaks

Test Number: #2 (10/4/16)

Difficulty Level: Pro, World Class, Legendary

Slider Values:

- Decrease Marking from 78/78 to 52/52 (Matt10)
- Less ADD (Attention Deficit Defending) by defending team.
- Decrease FT Control from 65/65 to 55/55 (Matt10)
- I felt with the higher FT that the game just went into overdrive, very fast-paced, no additional physicality either. It seems as the FT is lowered, the CPU "tries" to actually get the ball and has a good chance of making a good tackle or bad tackle. The decrease of Marking should assist in this. Please test openly as I know there is a preference for higher FT, but I've learned we need to be more open to making changes that are away from our slider comfort zone .
Confirmed Values: From Test # 1

- Pass Error from 60 will be changed to 57
- Good crosses from CPU, more build up from CPU.
- Shot Speed will be changed from 50 to 49
- More dynamic shots, speed, rising shots, good variety without adjusting shot error.
Dropped Values: From Test # 1

- Decrease User Injury Frequency to 1
- Felt this was a bit of a placebo as the DAA continued to show up.
- Decrease User Injury Severity to 1
- Felt this was a bit of a placebo as the DAA continued to show up.
Things to Look into/Possible areas:

- Acceleration discrepancy, 47/49 (Josam27o7).
- Could help more with bursting, some physicality. Good feedback so far.
- FT Control 99 (Rachel93).
- More realistic touches dependent on skill level, more stand out by stand out players. Personal preference, but something to look into as it is gaining momentum.
Is there no new idea on injuries then? What are people trying right now?

EDIT: just to be 100% clear we're talking about a 2 point difference in favour of the CPU, right? Sounds like a good idea.

Last edited by Rachel93; 10-04-2016 at 02:37 PM.
Old 10-04-2016, 02:59 PM   #764
Flip That Bat!

Entiae's Arena

OVR: 9

Just finished a game in my Sunderland CM against Spurs. I won 3-1.

I used Set 2 with the tweaks, other than the Acc discrepancy. 15 minutes, Legendary.
Spurs | SAFC
7 Shots 12
3 On Target 5
49% Possession 51%
27 Tackles 34
7 Fouls 5
2 Yellow 1
0 Red 0
1 Injuries 0
0 Offsides 1
3 Corners 4
42% Shot Accuracy 41%
85% Pass Accuracy 79%
Look at those fouls! I scored my second on a penalty as well.

I'll try the Acc discrepancy next. I'm intrigued.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:11 PM   #765
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entiae
Just finished a game in my Sunderland CM against Spurs. I won 3-1.

I used Set 2 with the tweaks, other than the Acc discrepancy. 15 minutes, Legendary.
Spurs | SAFC
7 Shots 12
3 On Target 5
49% Possession 51%
27 Tackles 34
7 Fouls 5
2 Yellow 1
0 Red 0
1 Injuries 0
0 Offsides 1
3 Corners 4
42% Shot Accuracy 41%
85% Pass Accuracy 79%
Look at those fouls! I scored my second on a penalty as well.

I'll try the Acc discrepancy next. I'm intrigued.
Good tackles to fouls ratio there. I see a consistency with a lack of offsides though, something to look at. Good stuff, thanks again for testing!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2016, 03:12 PM   #766
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel93
Is there no new idea on injuries then? What are people trying right now?

EDIT: just to be 100% clear we're talking about a 2 point difference in favour of the CPU, right? Sounds like a good idea.
Yes, 2 pt difference for the CPU. I have yet to test those exact values though, but it sounds promising.

Regarding injuries, who knows. I'll leave that for the experts
Old 10-04-2016, 03:18 PM   #767
Pro

OVR: 17

Stats:

Tried with all the values suggested. Games played really well. What struck me the most was the difference in the defence (first time i saw such a discrepancy between two teams).

Darmstad D was quite happy to sit back in their own half with no pressure just letting me run and pass around and only limiting me in their own third.

While Wolfsburg had crazy full pitch pressure, almost felt like geggen press, they didnt let me breathe or pass but were really susceptible to counters. I had to change formation to get some chances.

What I also noticed (might be a fluke) that the CPU used through passes a lot more to attack (both teams) so they spiced their slow build up with them. Darmstad scored twice with a through pass launching their man alone towards the goal. And their third goal was a great long shot, not a first touch one as well.

Will experiment with FT and acceleration discrepancy now. Oh and the games were on legendar, 10 minutes and full manual.

“I never thought I’d lead the NBA in rebounding, but I got a lot of help from my team-mates – they did a lot of missing.”-Moses Malone

Last edited by Knickerbocker; 10-04-2016 at 03:21 PM.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:25 PM   #768
Pro

FIFA 17 Career Match (In Menus)_7.jpg

As requested Matt10 here is my next game away at Everton. This turned out pretty much how I expected it to. Difficult to create space and chances against a good side. Their first goal came from a poor clearance from me and my goal resulted from a poor clearance by them, which was good to see. My game time for now is over as I have to go and do that thing that spoils playing time called work! I might try these tonight or tomorrow though in my Sheffield Utd test CM to see how they are in a lower league. Looking good though

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »