Home

Getting an universal home advantage setting for FIFA

This is a discussion on Getting an universal home advantage setting for FIFA within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2016, 10:59 AM   #25
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Getting an universal home advantage setting for FIFA

I'm playing 10 minute halves, full manual, world class, using set 3 sliders from the community thread.

What would you suggest to increase goals?

It's weird cos in FIFA 15 and 16 I would have a much wider variety of scorelines and higher scoring games, but this year it's pretty much always 1-0 or 0-0.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2016, 11:15 AM   #26
Banned

your scoring is really concerning. it not only hurts your fun, but also your career results, because you'll get much more draws than your fair share, and draws in soccer are a tragedy for your league results when it's only 1 point against 3 for a win.

your shot count is a bit low, conversion rate is not that great also. it might be they're mostly testing the set with premier league teams and the lack of quality of lower league sides makes the game more stagnant with them.

for an immediate solution, i'd play 15 minute halves and reduce gk ability 1 tick, for both user and cpu. very low impact in gameplay, but it will fix your results. the downside is playing halves that last 15 minutes. if you count stoppages and time spent at the game office and choosing your line-up, you'll probably "lose" some 40 minutes of your life for each game you play :/

Last edited by Gonira; 10-22-2016 at 11:20 AM.
Old 10-23-2016, 02:41 PM   #27
Banned

This is a really great idea. I'll definitely test this out once I settle on a new set
Old 10-24-2016, 10:01 AM   #28
Banned

i'm starting my career today. it will take a while but i'll post stats here as soon as season 1 is over.

at this point, it's already clear that pass accuracy and possession tend to stay even for home and away, so i'll ignore these stats. you can do the same, treehorn. let's focus on scoring and shots.

a little disclaimer: there's no need to be obsessively precise with the intensity of the tweak. in real life, home advantage varies wildly between different leagues.

some differences i found only checking the last season of the top divisions of the leagues i'm most interested in:

brazil (biggest advantage i've found):
home: +62% goals, +125% wins - it means there's 2.25 home wins for each away win

england (smallest advantage i've found):
home: +24% goals, +30% wins

that's quite a gap.

anyway, i needed to have a target, so i decided to make it the average of the biggest european leagues. that's a relatively small advantage, compared to the rest of the world, but it's where i and most people play careers, and i think gameplay benefits of not having it too big because we won't be adding too much potentially frustrating sluggishness to our away games.

the average of these leagues is +31% home goals and +48% home wins. the closer i am to this, the happier i am. but it's all good if the advantage isn't lower than in england or too much close to brazil's.

fwiw, in simulated games, fifa 14 home advantage is approximately +100% home wins. i don't know if they toned it down or it's still the same. it's actually quite close to a worldwide average, i believe, but not too european. i was able tone this down with ini tweaks to approx. +70% home wins.

each post of my own that i read here makes me believe more and more that i might have an ocd :/

Last edited by Gonira; 10-27-2016 at 07:23 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:15 AM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonira
i'm starting my career today. it will take a while but i'll post stats here as soon as season 1 is over.

at this point, it's already clear that pass accuracy and possession tend to stay even for home and away, so i'll ignore these stats. you can do the same, treehorn. let's focus on scoring and shots.

a little disclaimer: there's no need to be obssessively precise with the intensity of the tweak. in real life, home advantage varies wildly between different leagues.

some differences i found only checking the last season of the top divisions of the leagues i'm most interested in:

brazil (biggest advantage i've found):
home: +62% goals, +125% wins - it means there's 2.25 home wins for each away win

england (smallest advantage i've found):
home: +24% goals, +30% wins

that's quite a gap.

anyway, i needed to have a target, so i decided to make it the average of the biggest european leagues. that's a relatively small advantage, compared to the rest of the world, but it's where i and most people play careers, and i think gameplay benefits of not having it too big because we won't be adding too much potentially frustrating sluggishness to our away games.

the average of these leagues is +31% home goals and +56% home wins. the closer i am to this, the happier i am. but it's all good if the advantage isn't lower than in england or too much close to brazil's.

fwiw, in simulated games, fifa 14 home advantage is approximately +100% home wins. i don't know if they toned it down or it's still the same. it's actually quite close to a worldwide average, i believe, but not too european. i was able tone this down with ini tweaks to approx. +70% home wins.

each post of my own that i read here makes me believe more and more that i might have an ocd :/
What are your sliders Gonira? Thank you

Inviato dal mio D6503 utilizzando Tapatalk
Old 10-24-2016, 10:36 AM   #30
Banned

these:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ary-15min.html

i still play fifa 14, pc version
Old 10-26-2016, 08:19 PM   #31
Banned

oh ****! i was sacked! in the worst point of the season, for our purposes. practically at the middle. =S

and i won't restart, neither cheat in my cm just for testing. it is what it is. i'll have to wait a bit more for my data.

i never was so frustrated with this game as i was right now. no wonder why valencia is having so ****ty of a season this year. how can they live without a real striker?! i couldn't score for my life, had all of the fake strikers with crappy form the whole season.

well, these were my numbers. not a great statistical relevance, because the home and away fixtures weren't corresponding. i was near the bottom of the table - 16th - btw. huge fail.

league home record:
1W-4D-2L, 10GF-10 GA

league away record:
2W-2D-3L, 4GF-6GA

i was also eliminated by getafe at the copa del rey round of 32.

for the records:

Valencia 0-0 Getafe
5 shots 4
2 on target 1

Getafe 2-1 Valencia
8 shots 7
4 on target 2

season aggregate:

5 home wins, 7 draws, 4 away wins (+25% home wins)
18 home goals, 15 away goals (+20%)
shots: 136 home, 150 away (-10%)
on target: 66 home, 71 away (-8%)

but since there was only one complete home/away fixture, these numbers are mostly useless.

i picked a job with sampdoria. i won't even bother taking note of the games that won't be repeated in the season. but whatever useful information i get in the end, i'll share it here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2016, 08:42 PM   #32
Banned

adding the copa del rey fixtures to my data of kick-off matches:

22 games

9 home wins, 6 draws, 7 away wins (+29% wins)
goals: 32 home, 24 away (+33%)
shots: 185 home, 153 away (+21%)
on target: 115 home, 81 away (+42%)

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »