Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2017, 12:28 PM   #793
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBee
Hey guys

I'm playing on PC and I also noticed an obvious speed increase after the patch. The overall pace (especially those "nervous" turning and moving animations) felt way faster than before.
But one thing mentioned by some people here that I couldn't reproduce was this strange "workarround" with starting a kick off game to "reset the gameplay". I tried that by myself - played a whole game in the kick off mode and afterwards played a game in my pre-patch CM (with Real Madrid) and also a match in a new CM and all games felt exactly the same with regard to pace.
And to be honest, that's nothing what's surprising me. Though I'm no game developer, I think that if a patch does change some gameplay stuff it changes the gameplay in every mode. So I think it's illogical that pre-patch CM should resp. could play different than new CM's. Couldn't you guys beliefe that maybe this feeling was just some kind of placebo effect?
And even if it wouldn't change the gameplay mechanics in every mode, so it would still be more logical if the pre-patch CM's are the ones which are not affected by the patch should therefore feel like it was before the patch (slower, more smooth).

So, in my opinion the patch obviously changed some gameplay machenics. But it changed it in every mode. So it shouldn't matter if you start a new one or not. Just imagine EA really destroyd the pre-patch CM with a patch - that would be naughty!
Well, I can tell you this...for Madden, I delete my user profile from my PS4 system menu prior to installing every single patch (and have done this the last 3 years) for exactly the types of issues people have been seeing with the new FIFA patch. Heck, the last Madden patch was so bad (it was horribly choppy) that I literally had to shut down my PS4, unplug it, then start it back up again (which fixed the problem). For FIFA, I don't know if deleting a user profile would work (and if you name stadiums and so on, you literally cannot do this because those edits would be lost).

Things like excessive speed-up, warping, choppiness, etc are all signs that a patch isn't totally jiving with what's on the system. So, no, I don't think it is placebo (especially based on Matt's stream)....
Old 10-05-2017, 12:33 PM   #794
Rookie

OVR: 0

Played a couple of matches last night, but I was beat and played terribly. I honestly 'feel' like something is different, I was overcommitting constantly, and my defenders, although responsive, were skating past their targets when I was in control. I messed with RF and FB, but my gameplay was such a mess that the whole effort feels inconclusive. I didn't notice FBs getting forward and I tuned FB up to 70. The vids are there on twitch, but I'm going to give it a other go with more familiar teams, because I'm.pulling my defense out of shape not knowing who is who.
I'm off until the kids get home and will run a few to try again.

I will also try joshC1977s suggestions re: kickoff matches profiles etc and see if I don't notice a change.

Last edited by JimmyTheMeatball; 10-05-2017 at 12:37 PM.
Old 10-05-2017, 12:38 PM   #795
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

Downloaded the patch on PS4 and don't see any obvious gameplay differences. I'll need to play more to see if there's subtle things I haven't picked up on (god I'd love if they've improved defensive AI!) but so far haven't experienced any speed or other significant gameplay changes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2017, 01:18 PM   #796
All Star

OVR: 20

So far in 3 CM games I've lost Bellerin (1-2 weeks), Sanchez (4-6 weeks) and Walcott (3 months) to injury. I kind of like the challenges of the injuries but have heard that injuries are too common.

I like pass speed at 35. Unlike previous FIFA games, there's a midfield battle and you really tell the difference between a big holding player like Giroud versus someone that can easily get pushed off the ball.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:32 PM   #797
Rookie

Much better than last night, I see nothing different.
WC/Normal/ OP with 49 sprint/ manual w/semi crossing/assisted saves
I accidentaly did 10 min

Fouls were good too 5 for 10 min is not bad.
I can see where pass speed at 35 causes some unattractive, under hit passes, its obvious in the video, but I really feel like its on me to find the right touch. I struggle with this pass setting at 35, but I just cant help but play it because of what I feel I 'could' do with it once I get my touch down.

I agree with Ewrmets regarding the midfield battles, the back and forth is really great, and using my big 'holders' is exciting again. I don't entirely disagree with ImmortalMindz observations either. This may be a situation where you have to pick your compromise.

Watch live video from JimmytheMeatball on www.twitch.tv

Last edited by JimmyTheMeatball; 10-05-2017 at 02:21 PM.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:25 PM   #798
Pro

1860fan's Arena

Hi Matt this morning your video Liverpool against Christal Palace, was excellent was only height 55/55 the rest of the OP set?
Old 10-05-2017, 03:13 PM   #799
Rookie

It seems the patch issues are only with the PC, not with the PS4.
Old 10-05-2017, 04:00 PM   #800
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

I just want to go off topic for one question. I just want insight from all your brilliant minds.

What kind of instructions to you give you scouts for the GTN? Using Atlanta United, first team quality yields too many players to scout. I generally just input first team quality and for each position need.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »