Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2017, 05:20 PM   #801
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

A couple of questions.

1. Is changing from Professional to World Class difficulty make the game harder or make the CPU play more like real life or both?. I hope i'm making sense. Example, instead of the CPU attacking constantly instead they build up a little and not afraid to pass the ball back and don't try to get the ball off you as soon as you get it, they are ok to let you muck around with it?.

I know my explanations aren't that clear but playing on Pro atm (PES player for years) So i'm finding my feet in FIFA again but watching Matt's game's with the sliders and mine on Pro, while i enjoy them they do play different and not sure if it's because of possibly changed sliders or the difficulty i'm on.

I've found watching Matt's streams the CPU don't always look for down the line passes every single time but with pro they do, also when the CPU get the ball they spend a little time on it before making a pass and on pro they just usually get it and when confronted with a defender make a long pass rather than work it around close. I WANT THAT IN MY GAMES MORE haha. Not sure if this is a team tactic setting, the way i play, change in sliders i'm unaware of or simply the difficulty.

2. I've been watching Matt's streams (Replays) and keeping an eye on this thread daily if i can, are we still rolling with the slier from page 1?. If yes then all good but if there have been confirmed changes can someone please let me know what?.

Cheers guy's.

Last edited by KingWeigy23; 10-05-2017 at 05:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2017, 05:29 PM   #802
Rookie

Ok, after further research I can definitely say that something really strange is going on with the patch on PC!
As I mentioned before the patch seemed to messed all things up in my case. Gameplay seemed clearly faster and obviously more hectic (strange animations, nothing smooth like it was before the patch - with OP sliders). And that was the case in every mode I played - doesn't matter if I play kick off or pre-CM oder new CM. After some tweaking it almost seemed to me that slider have almost no affect on gameplay. I couldn't even tell a difference between slow and normal anymore (with same slider settings!)!
So I got radical and I did what JoshC1977 advised:
I deleted the whole game settings (under Documents...Fifa 18...Settings). So I had a "blank" game now. And see what happend:
Smooth and slow paced gameplay was back! Definitely no placebo effect (sorry guys for the imputation btw!) It was obvious that something changed - passing speed was back where it should be with 35 and players didn't turn and acceletated anymore like they were on cokaine!
But unfortunately that's not the end of todays story! Because as I finaly wanted to start a proper CM and was on the field for my first match this god damn hectic, fast pace gameplay was back again!! No, still no placebo, again it was obvious to see. Especially pass speed was clearly increased like it was on 50 or even higher. So I've almost shut the game down and went back to PES but I wanted to try one more thing:
I went to the profile manager and loaded my previously saved setting. And voilą: Things were back for good in kick of game and in CM!

Very strange! But I hope it now stays like this.
Old 10-05-2017, 06:10 PM   #803
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Streaming with OP sliders and the patch on PC:

https://www.twitch.tv/benjiwade

Career mode / Nottingham Forest
Old 10-05-2017, 06:41 PM   #804
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi

It's working now, sorry for glitches. :/
Old 10-05-2017, 06:49 PM   #805
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi

You WOULD do a Forest career.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2017, 06:52 PM   #806
Pro

adoptedscouse's Arena

Okay so patch installed & played a few games, definitely not seen game become faster at all. Keepers are definitely improved & liking the fact they come off their line, something Matt was trying to get them to do in 17

I have however noticed runners checking their run & stopping or not starting at all, not sure if happening before & not noticed or this is something from patch, however as EA goes this wasn't a bad patch from them

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-05-2017, 07:40 PM   #807
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
You WOULD do a Forest career.

Okay, that was fun.

But, I can't do 35 pass speed. 45 played much better to me.
Old 10-05-2017, 07:45 PM   #808
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Sliders still seem good for me, although I prefer pass speed around 40.

I did put them back to default after the patch just to take a look, and man, I can't believe that's what the audience likes. The shot speed and accuracy is crazy. And passing at 50 looks nuts too with some of the driven passes from the cpu. It looks and feel so inorganic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »