Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2017, 12:02 PM   #985
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnogol
Hello everybody,

regarding FIFA 18, I have a question:ù
How come that, no matter what sliders set I use (I use the latest pinned on top of this thread), I always see my defenders going back 20 meters and stand there waiting for the other team?

it is TOTALLY UNREALISTIC and ugly to see.

Am I the only one?

Thank you for your reply

(I play slow, trying to make it realistic)

Yes and this is what Matt is trying to find a solution for...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2017, 12:09 PM   #986
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Currently, driven pass straight to attacker, turn and face.

If lines aren't the answer, then we need to find another route.
Does increasing / decreasing Marking help anything?

What I've noticed, as in years previous, the CPU is much more effective with marking and, further, with tackling. My AI teammates are idiots and I think EA might have even nerfed Legacy defending because I constantly overrun when containing by like 6-7 feet and get burned.

So, too much space being given, defenders not meeting attack, and when they do, they suck at it. A double whammy of crap.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:25 PM   #987
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
Yes and this is what Matt is trying to find a solution for...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you very much for this quick answer.

Is there a way you specifically define this problem? I mean, a word or something? I'm italian and I might not be getting it...

Thanks!
Old 10-08-2017, 12:27 PM   #988
Pro

JimmyDeicide's Arena

OVR: 5

Played 3 prem games and really enjoyed it.
My defense didnt get calved up at all i was quite impressed with my defending but i am doing a lot myself to get them to meet the attacker.
I like the fact you can split the defense and get in behind for some one on one.

The only thing im seeing really is being out hussled all over the pitch by the cpu same as on any set so far.
Some serious Pes like defending from both sides just running along side and not going for a tackle.
Watford scored a cracker from outside the box. So long shots are there.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:40 PM   #989
Pro

I think I might have found how to play my pre patch backup of the game on PC.
Streaming now : https://go.twitch.tv/papinho811
Old 10-08-2017, 12:45 PM   #990
Rookie

I ran a half plus with the 1.07 Fifa 17 settings that the guys were experimenting with yesterday afternoon. Dropped the sprint speed to 49/49 and experimented with pass speeds of 35/40 and 40/40. Later in the match I switched to V3 and kept the sprint to 49/49.

Still was dragging my guys into the action, guys watching balls and possibly some instances of the defensvie angle animations (if i understand what that is correctly). I thought the drop in pass speed was good and I like something along the lines of 35/40. Also liked the sprint at 49, less defenders overshooting/oversteering, and I think it matches up reasonably well with the pass speeds. 6 fouls, 3 yellow, and 1 red card.
Great goal mouth scramble at the strike of the 71st min
I tried to highlight any strange behavior in the instant replay and left notes on changes in the chat (should still be viewable). The ticker is always updated to the current setting so you can always rely on that.

Papinho81 had an interesting stream with a pre patch (patch1) version of FIFA on cpu. His post is directly below this one. Its worth checking out his stream for any differences. He states what slider set he is using in the chat.

Watch live video from JimmytheMeatball on www.twitch.tv

Last edited by JimmyTheMeatball; 10-08-2017 at 02:09 PM.
Old 10-08-2017, 02:37 PM   #991
MVP

Can someone please do me a favour ? I went to kickoff to test and noticed something very strange . I picked wolves away against Norwich , and when I went into team management to select my staters and formations I see to my surprise that I really don't recognise this team . A lot of players are missing . So I backed out and this time picked to be at wolves at home , and behold the real wolves team is there . So again I just switch over to away and the same thing happens , the entire squad is not there. So can someone please check if ur seeing this . Pick wolves away and see what squad u have compared to picking them at home . I've just exchanged my copy of fifa yesterday cause I've already had some serious bugs with it and I'm really hoping that it's not only me again . Thanks

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2017, 02:49 PM   #992
Pro

JimmyDeicide's Arena

OVR: 5

Nope same team home and away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »