Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2017, 12:53 AM   #1265
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDeicide
I just tried , user only.
50 width
35 Full back
and 50 marking
ctt 70 agg pressure
and it felt a bit better but it was a crazy game against spurs who came out flying 19 shots in first half .
once i changed prssure and aggression it toned them down like you said they started to play differently.

Deffo something to look at.
Actually, I think I figured it out.

It's CPU Pass Error + CPU Pass Speed

Go back to 60 error and 35 pass speed. Now CPU doesn't opt to go for direct passes anymore, gives defenders more time to react.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2017, 01:07 AM   #1266
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikz847
Do you also adjust pressure and aggression for the CPU or just for yourself?
Only myself right now.Here is the stream from a few days ago. Players are backing off badly early on and Im having to yank them in the direction of the ball a bit. The only reason I didnt originally use it is because I mislabeled the ticker as V2beta but the values were V3beta from the start. I thought it would confuse things so I figured I would do it again. I tried again tonight, but I was all over the place and did't' get as clear results, except maybe early on.

I still think Matts priority on the Users back line meeting up with the forwards in a manner similar to the way the CPU meets the Users forwards is one of the more important tweeks, but the CTTs may be the cherry on top when the set gets tightened up.

Watch live video from JimmytheMeatball on www.twitch.tv
Old 10-13-2017, 01:20 AM   #1267
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10

Go back to 60 error and 35 pass speed. Now CPU doesn't opt to go for direct passes anymore, gives defenders more time to react.

I've been using v3 when they were up with one tweak, pass speed left at 35 this whole time (love the speed) and i've found it really good. Great balance.

EDIT: & left error on 60 as with pass speed. The only two i left from v1/2
Old 10-13-2017, 01:21 AM   #1268
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:

Need more time here, but so far, I think this could be the start of the right formula.

It would go something like this

Pass Error 60+
Pass Speed 45/35
Marking mirrors pass error
Run Freq 40 or under

Need to test, but in terms of slider values, that could be the way. We'll see. I don't think lines will be the answer directly this year.
Old 10-13-2017, 05:17 AM   #1269
Rookie

SteveFBC's Arena

Quote:
Need more time here, but so far, I think this could be the start of the right formula.

Pass Error 60+
Pass Speed 45/35
Run Freq 40 or under

Need to test, but in terms of slider values, that could be the way. We'll see. I don't think lines will be the answer directly this year.
Matt, I voted on your straw poll on OP, I assume if the concensus is 'yes' V3 will become the new baseline for the set?

For my part I have used V3 in several games now and it has been amazing, the CPU are seriously tougher than before, episode 10 of my career will show 4 games all close, all tough. I will upload sometime in the next day or so.

Great work so far to all involved!
Old 10-13-2017, 05:32 AM   #1270
Pro

Quote:

Pass Error 60+
Pass Speed 45/35
Run Freq 40 or under

So pass error is for the cpu or user also

Sent from my SM-G930T using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-13-2017, 05:35 AM   #1271
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criticism
I thought everyone here used CTT's for their team. I do. I have pressure set to 65 which is great for me and my playstyle, aggression at 45-50 cause I play a more containing/intercepting game in my half and width around 40-45.

https://imgur.com/a/U0Cb3
Image taken on a potato, but boy oh boy wowee. This was one hell of a game and EXACTLY what I've been after from legendary difficulty. Competitive as hell, intense even, I was on the ropes and under siege because they were the better team, but had some really good attacks myself (glad I won on pens). Can't do much testing today because I'm going out soon but I'm really liking where my settings are at now.

For anyone finding the OP set too easy like I was these are the changes I've made. Everything is OP set unless otherwise mentioned (and stuff I've changed is really close to OP anyway, few adjustments to compensate for not playing full manual like Matt does). I play semi/assisted on legendary, slow, 10 min halves.

User: 55 shot error, 60 pass error, 38 pass speed, 51 shot speed, 60 FT control, 50 width, 50 marking, 40 GKs
CPU: 50 shot error, 54 pass error, 38 pass speed, 51 shot speed, 50 width, 40 GKs, 60 marking, 75 run frequency

I'm definitely not as experienced as Matt&Co with sliders but I've been working hard at improving the game for me and fixing weak spots I found, and this is where I've settled at the moment.

Oh and definitely fixed the problem of running down the wings and not being challenged. 60 marking and 50 width has done the trick.
We're do i find ctt in my team settings

Sent from my SM-G930T using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2017, 05:54 AM   #1272
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criticism
I thought everyone here used CTT's for their team. I do. I have pressure set to 65 which is great for me and my playstyle, aggression at 45-50 cause I play a more containing/intercepting game in my half and width around 40-45.

https://imgur.com/a/U0Cb3
Image taken on a potato, but boy oh boy wowee. This was one hell of a game and EXACTLY what I've been after from legendary difficulty. Competitive as hell, intense even, I was on the ropes and under siege because they were the better team, but had some really good attacks myself (glad I won on pens). Can't do much testing today because I'm going out soon but I'm really liking where my settings are at now.

For anyone finding the OP set too easy like I was these are the changes I've made. Everything is OP set unless otherwise mentioned (and stuff I've changed is really close to OP anyway, few adjustments to compensate for not playing full manual like Matt does). I play semi/assisted on legendary, slow, 10 min halves.

User: 55 shot error, 60 pass error, 38 pass speed, 51 shot speed, 60 FT control, 50 width, 50 marking, 40 GKs
CPU: 50 shot error, 54 pass error, 38 pass speed, 51 shot speed, 50 width, 40 GKs, 60 marking, 75 run frequency

I'm definitely not as experienced as Matt&Co with sliders but I've been working hard at improving the game for me and fixing weak spots I found, and this is where I've settled at the moment.

Oh and definitely fixed the problem of running down the wings and not being challenged. 60 marking and 50 width has done the trick.

Hey your sliders are very similar to mine, the only differences is that i'm using CPU pass error 42/45 and shot error 54 so they create more and miss more shots too. The only problem i'm having is that's very easy to recover the ball on the midfield even with "harder" sliders, i can just push them easily and take the ball, do you have this problem too? I'm using default speed/acc.

Also, i'm using Gks at 40 and it's feeling very good to me, they lose a bit of reflex what is making they do some cool saving animations and some fails, but maybe can be one or two points lower because they still do some superhuman saves, last game Everton had 19 chances against me and Dragowski 74 OVR made 13 saves with 8.6 rating lol (sorry bad english)

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »