Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2017, 11:35 AM   #121
Pro

JimmyDeicide's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Josh. Think it was you who suggested to try longer match.
Just played 1 half of a 15 minute half Against Leicester again just so i can compare and it was much much better.
They Had 4 shots after 30 mins which is about a 10 minute half i'd say.
They played great very Leicester like and Vardy is on fire, has to be live form related.

Game felt just like what i was watching last night.
Something to keep an eye on for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2017, 12:33 PM   #122
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDeicide
Josh. Think it was you who suggested to try longer match.
Just played 1 half of a 15 minute half Against Leicester again just so i can compare and it was much much better.
They Had 4 shots after 30 mins which is about a 10 minute half i'd say.
They played great very Leicester like and Vardy is on fire, has to be live form related.

Game felt just like what i was watching last night.
Something to keep an eye on for sure.
I had a hunch, glad to hear that worked....
Old 09-23-2017, 02:44 PM   #123
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Streaming now, no mic (blame the kids):

https://www.twitch.tv/matt10l
Old 09-23-2017, 02:46 PM   #124
Pro

Don Jon's Arena

OVR: 3

Back on default for my Arsenal career. Think I was too hard on game earlier because I was using a 5 star team vs a 3 star and was expecting to win easily.

Game plays very good when using even teams. Could use an increase to pass error though, still seeing pass % up around 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Streaming now, no mic (blame the kids):

https://www.twitch.tv/matt10l
Ill tune in, let you use up your 10 hours lol

Last edited by Don Jon; 09-23-2017 at 03:20 PM.
Old 09-23-2017, 04:34 PM   #125
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Jon
Back on default for my Arsenal career. Think I was too hard on game earlier because I was using a 5 star team vs a 3 star and was expecting to win easily.

Game plays very good when using even teams. Could use an increase to pass error though, still seeing pass % up around 90

Ill tune in, let you use up your 10 hours lol
Ah, I know, less than 6 hours left!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2017, 09:49 PM   #126
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
After playing the demo of pes I was in awe of how much they made the game look better animation wise. the whole field had players with worth to them nothing looked out of place and for once I saw literally no need for sliders.

pes is a game I go to to just enjoy. fifa is a game I go to to fix. nuff said.

That said hopefully some of my own findings help you with the community sliders and ill post them below.

1)if we're talking game engine. do this test.

Set the game on slow speed.
Set both the player and cpu to 0/0 speed
and 100 acceleration with both player and cpu pass speed set to 80.

Now play THIS way for about 5 minutes.

you'll start to notice the formulaic way the game plays.
It all looks staged or fixed.

Its at THESE settings and everything else AT default that you get to SEE what really needs to be done in movement and in human control.

If you have the patience and guts to pay in 5 minutes like this you can subtract things. Its always better to Subtract rather than to add.

Seeing the game at this extreme points out what the internal game engine is doing.

This is KEY. I advise you try my friend. been editing "EASports " games for ages and they are ALL very similar and how their game engine handle things. In many ways at this extreme setting is how nba live 18 plays this year. Robotic.

As a rundown make the game FIRST play robotic then you make it human...or for lack of a better analogy lifelike.

Thanks, Tomba. I appreciate the guidance. I'm trying to see what we're solving for though? If it's animations, then I definitely understand that. FIFA, and especially this frostbite engine, just runs quirky sometimes. It grows on you though, but it doesn't excuse the animations or player models, etc.

If it's in terms of how it's scripted, then I understand that too. I used to be a gameplay editor on SoccerGaming forums for years on FIFA, and eventually made my way to PES when I started seeing room for improvement.

The thing with some values is that you modify one, and you risk having to sacrifice something else. Take acceleration as a prime example. Too low, and now fatigue is non-existent. Go even lower and now you risk being able to sprint/glide through the entire CPU team.

I mentioned this in the stream last night, as long as jogging animation is reduced, then there shouldn't be a need to modify the Sprint/Acc values this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
What I saw last night was quite simply the best out of box FIFA in YEARS. I mean everyone has personal tastes, but as a footy fan I don't know how you can watch that and not see "Sim"

The variety from CPU and from each of the 3 very different teams Matt played against was apparent. Pass % very high but never really looked artificial where it's just pass for pass sake. In fact I was amazed at how many of the CPU passes were missing the mark, particularly as the game grew and players energy levels went low.

I know Jimmy mentioned he was seeing a different game on XBOX, so something to keep an eye on, but we need more data. Next Friday can't come quickly enough for me.
Well said, balla. Yeah the games were all over, and true to their CTT's. I love that aspect of being able to peek into what they may be using. No goals felt the same either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksInSix
Andddddd with that I have preordered on PS4 Pro... it’s a darn shame you are not scoring commission on this sale, as you have sold me on it!

Was a little worried from the impression thread that they had completely changed it from the way the demo played. Thanks for putting that to bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Thanks, man. I'm sold on it too. I came into it with very low expectations. I think the theme with EA is subtlety, and that is really unheard of. They've taken care of the offline player - and that's more than I can say for PES, which is a really sad thing to say.

My biggest fear...whether we'll even need this thread for another year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalMindz
Wow, such an enthusiastic and positive impression - thanks for that; after reading most of the other early impressions, I really needed to hear this!

A couple follow-ups if you have time: Answered in red

1. Overall, how would you say what you're playing compares to the demo?

I felt the demo was too frantic with the bigger clubs, but played quite well with the mid level teams. The attention to the ball has carried over into the version I'm playing and it has me impressed. There is such an urgency to not give up space, that beating the CPU is quite the task - at least for me.

2. You said that you didn't "Feel like I don't have to control all 10 players anymore". Is that a change from the demo, because I felt the opposite in the demo; I felt like my teammates were hardly a help. With all the feedback from online players that last year was to easy to defend by relying on CPU teammates, this has been a major worry for me.

Yes, I felt the same way about the demo, and in FIFA franchise in general. This is why I'm surprised for when my CB or midfielder just steps up to meet the ball carrier, or the ball, on their own. There is much less ADD than previous iterations. Like I mentioned, they have a high awareness to get the ball, or at least make an attempt to. I'm finding that I screw it up sometimes by OVER defending, where I am so used to controlling everyone, that I end up messing up the dynamic positioning.

3. "You can't just glide by players like last year." I found that in the demo, and this is on Legendary, that dribblers were super overpowered and I could get past defenders easily. Is this different from the demo, or maybe you're speaking of something slightly different?

Much different. There is a risk/reward feeling as soon as you are facing up a player, or even just running alongside them. They will try to get their body in between when the opportunity presents itself. Even earlier today in my stream I tried to push the ball far ahead and take an angle past the defender, he just read me like a book...and this is like a 65ovr RB...and took the ball away.

4. One of my biggest issues with the demo gameplay was how easily it was to dribble into threatening positions, especially in the center of the final third. CPU defenders - defenders in general really - seemed to lack aggression and allowed too much space. Is this different?

Much different. Depending on their CTT, they will meet you sooner or later, but regardless the defensive third is where all the teams tend to up their aggression.

5. You mention noticing CTTs. Does that mean you're experiencing the new Team Styles feature? Because it seems like so far the consensus has been that it feels like this "big new feature" has been absent.

I honestly do not know much about the Team Style feature - is that something to select in the game, or can be seen? Or is that CTT's? If it's CTT's, let's just say that Krebs is going to enjoy himself, I felt like they are being followed quite well, but not in a rigid way.

Again, thanks so much for the in-depth impressions. With all the negativity and very shallow feedback, it's great to read a more detailed writeup from someone who actually knows what he's talking about!
You're welcome, I'm glad I gave it a real go, and I'm still kind of in shock of how this is playing. It's sublime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
Matt you should plug in Kreb’s tactics from last year and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good call, may have do that when I get the full version. Only 6 hours left on the trial...eek!
Old 09-24-2017, 02:07 AM   #127
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

Couple thoughts from two games played tonight. Team tactics are certainly working and very well. It may be one reason people were complaining about the sense of speed in the games earlier as you play teams that are not aggressive and you can get up the field on them at times quickly it seems. Thing is the shape is still good on those teams and they defend well in the final 3rd. However, play an aggressive team and it is tough to get past midfield and it feels more locked down. Most of the teams in the demo were pretty aggressive, so when you face these non agg teams, it does feel more open. Same applies to the offensive styles as well. This is going to be huge to finally make teams play in their realistic ways, so this is a great thing.

Stamina is so good in the 70+ minutes till end. Players get heavy and sloppy with their passing and more. Substitutes are finally going to change games. Also seems like stoppage time lasts longer this year. In past a trip or two up the field is the most you could get, but it seems longer this year and really makes things intense at the end. I am also going to turn the commentators off this year and just listen to the stadium sounds and announcer. They are so good this year.

As far as slider changes, I do not think a lot is going to be needed. CPU passing with the bullet and high % is about all I see at this point and that is not anything game breaking as is. Would love to see a few more fouls from AI. I actually had a game tonight with 6 from the CPU, so that was nice to see, but I always want more. I really cannot complain at this point. We seen from Matt's streams over the last two days the potential this game is showing and I have put in around 5 hours of my early access time and seeing the same things. I am shocked as I expected PES to be the game with this feeling this year and not this....
Twitter
YouTube
Old 09-24-2017, 04:26 AM   #128
Rookie

Rebsat's Arena

OVR: 3

FIFA 18 Standard Edition has already released in gaming stores of United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia and Iraq since yesterday September 23, and is around $110
Today, I contacted one of the store owner and he told me that it's available in $100 and I'm gonna buy it today as soon as I finished my work Been waiting patiently but it really deserved based on the Demo I played.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »