Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2017, 09:58 AM   #1281
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Need more time here, but so far, I think this could be the start of the right formula.

It would go something like this

Pass Error 60+
Pass Speed 45/35
Marking mirrors pass error
Run Freq 40 or under

Need to test, but in terms of slider values, that could be the way. We'll see. I don't think lines will be the answer directly this year.
You'll be testing these and decide if they work better

Sent from my SM-G930T using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2017, 10:13 AM   #1282
Pro

Bure10Beezer34's Arena

OVR: 6

Injury Feedback on 62/4 sliders:

I played around 4 games last night WC/15 mins. Fresh CM I made last night.

(4) Walk-Offs
(3) 5 days (Elbow x2 and Shoulder x1)

I'm pretty happy with this. Averaging about a knock or two a game. If 80-90% of the injuries are walk-off/5 days then I think that is really solid and these slider settings might be good to go. Will keep monitoring.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:35 AM   #1283
Rookie

markor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure10Beezer34
Injury Feedback on 62/4 sliders:

I played around 4 games last night WC/15 mins. Fresh CM I made last night.

(4) Walk-Offs
(3) 5 days (Elbow x2 and Shoulder x1)

I'm pretty happy with this. Averaging about a knock or two a game. If 80-90% of the injuries are walk-off/5 days then I think that is really solid and these slider settings might be good to go. Will keep monitoring.
I've had an ACL tear (7 months) with these so the long ones do exist (which is good) but as has been mentioned by others it can all go sideways in a hurry during the second half of the season or in rain.... new arrivals and players in excellent form have huge targets on their back as far as injuries but that can't be fixed.

I do agree with you though this is the most acceptable I've seen from a very broken part of the game.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:53 AM   #1284
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron458f
@matt10 what are we using atm pal and what values are we testing will have some free time this weekend to get some testing in

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
So far, Ive tested 3 things:

Sprint 51/50
Pass Error 60
Marking 65

result:

before, but only pass error 60 and Sprint 51/50:

Needs more time, and yea, probably something with width. But I do like the higher sense of urgency defensively.
Old 10-13-2017, 11:27 AM   #1285
Pro

Bure10Beezer34's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by markor
I've had an ACL tear (7 months) with these so the long ones do exist (which is good) but as has been mentioned by others it can all go sideways in a hurry during the second half of the season or in rain.... new arrivals and players in excellent form have huge targets on their back as far as injuries but that can't be fixed.

I do agree with you though this is the most acceptable I've seen from a very broken part of the game.
Oh the weather! Good point...yeah I forgot to mention that all games were clear. I was very careful inserting new arrivals into the lineup as well.

Not sure if this is a common knowledge thing but I thought I read in years past that once you make all your substitutes you won't sustain any major injuries for the rest of the match(can still have knocks). Have you read this or have knowledge of this markor? I tend to try and make sure I make all my substitutes each game just to help eliminate the possibility. I know it's not super realistic and abuses the system a touch but as you stated the system is already broken so why not combat it a bit? At least that's my thought process lol!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2017, 11:39 AM   #1286
Rookie

markor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure10Beezer34

Not sure if this is a common knowledge thing but I thought I read in years past that once you make all your substitutes you won't sustain any major injuries for the rest of the match(can still have knocks). Have you read this or have knowledge of this markor?
Yeah that's spot on.

I think the game would blow it's mind if it went to the sub screen with no subs left......lol.
Cheers
Old 10-13-2017, 12:25 PM   #1287
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
So far, Ive tested 3 things:

Sprint 51/50
Pass Error 60
Marking 65

result:

before, but only pass error 60 and Sprint 51/50:

Needs more time, and yea, probably something with width. But I do like the higher sense of urgency defensively.
Scratch that. Doesn't affect the user's defensive line. Darn.

Testing goes on.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:24 PM   #1288
Rookie

Hi guys!

I bought Fifa 18 last week and started playing with BetaV3 today. I like what I am seeing, really. This has potential to become the most addictive gameplay since Fifa 14. Outstanding.

But I need advice. One aspect of the game has bothered me since Fifa I-don't-know-what. If I don't find a solution to my issue, I know that I will stop playing in the near future. That is because this feature makes me think constantly that I am playing football the Fifa way, not the way it would be played.

In short: a CPU player creeps up from behind my receiving player to intercept a pass, while my receiving player freezes.

Longer description: Here is a typical scenario. My DMF has possession and there is a clear path from the DMF to my AMF. My DMF passes the ball to the AMF. In real football my AMF would move towards the DMF to receive the pass. In Fifa, extremely often, my AMF freezes, a CPU defender creeps up from behind my AMF to intercept, and possession is lost.

This stops me from playing sensible possession game. You know, the good old "Germany is asking questions"-style. In real life the AMF would receive the pass and would have several options: protect the ball, pass back, distribute to other side. My receiving player doesn't freeze always: sometimes my player does make a move to receive the ball. But the player freezes more often than not. And it is driving me nuts and out of the Fifa gaming business soon.

Does anyone understand what I am talking about? Any solutions?

(I can easily create a video of this issue if need be.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »