Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2017, 12:59 AM   #1313
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criticism
You can and probably should learn to manually run towards the ball with the left stick.
If by "manually running" you mean using the left stick to move my receiver towards the pass, the problem is that the receiver freezes. He will not move.

But if you mean using super cancel (L2+R2) with left stick for complete control of the receiving player, I haven't tried it in Fifa 18 yet. (Tried it in '16, didn't help, skipped Fifa 17 completely.)

Quote:
Or alternatively I know there's an option in the controller settings called "Auto Switching Move Assistance". I've never used it, but I have a friend who swears by it. From what I gather it makes your player keep running in the direction he was running when you switch to him, instead of just stopping still and awaiting your directions.
I forgot to add that the receiving player is stationary, so I don't think auto move assistance would help. I have it off (I play full manual).

It looks like other gamers don't have this issue, which I find super weird. Will make a video of this and post it later. But I'll try super cancelling first.

Last edited by jamesbeaver; 10-14-2017 at 01:44 AM.
Old 10-14-2017, 02:39 AM   #1314
Rookie

What's going on with the crosses? Every single time the AI goes for a cross they sky it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2017, 05:21 AM   #1315
Rookie

Rebsat's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criticism
You can and probably should learn to manually run towards the ball with the left stick. Or alternatively I know there's an option in the controller settings called "Auto Switching Move Assistance". I've never used it, but I have a friend who swears by it. From what I gather it makes your player keep running in the direction he was running when you switch to him, instead of just stopping still and awaiting your directions.

Auto Switching Move Assistance should be on Low to fix all the issues for the User

Last edited by Rebsat; 10-14-2017 at 05:24 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2017, 05:46 AM   #1316
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aderow
What's going on with the crosses? Every single time the AI goes for a cross they sky it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I'm playing Milan on Career Mode.

Against Inter, every cross is a dangerous one, right and left from Perisic and Candreva
Old 10-14-2017, 09:40 AM   #1317
Rookie

OVR: 1

Do you need to do 'manual all' with these settings or is assisted/semi still good?
Old 10-14-2017, 10:40 AM   #1318
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Finally got to play this game for the first time in 2.5 weeks. Still on the 10 hour EA Access trial period if that says anything. Anyway I played a Chelsea - Roma Champions Cup match. It was a lot of fun. Like others have done I switched the speed and acceleration to 51/50. After the first 20 minutes of the match I had Roma guys catching up to guys that shouldn't have really been caught. It was also hard to play defense due to the current 50/50 settings. I just couldn't catch up or was really slow in moving. Once I made the change it was so much better. Much more even and I was finally able to use Hazard the way he should be. It wasn't an unfair advantage either.

It was a very solid and fun game. I gave up an own goal with about 30 minutes or so played. I just really didn't get much in the way of offense going at all in the first half. I was quite lucky to get out of it 0-1. In the 2nd half it was pretty much the same until minute 65. I brought on Willian and then shortly after Fabregas. I made a sweet passing connection springing Willian free and scored. Then 1 minute later I cut to the middle with Fabregas and ripped a shot from outside the box opposite of the way Fabregas' was moving and into the top left corner. I held on from there.

Passing felt really good. It's a tad slow at times, but overall very good and I wouldn't really think to make any changes. I saw the driven pass maybe one time and it was in a situation that totally made sense. Passing error I thought was good too. There were plenty of mistakes from me but also the CPU. One thing I would possibly think to change would be CPU shot accuracy. I didn't think it was bad per say but there were some shots where it was like what the hell was that. Some on clear opportunities too. It wasn't that bothersome though. Shots ended up 7-13 which is quite a good number. Roma through cross after cross. Honestly, the more I think it was just a really clean game. No glaring idiotic CPU issues. They made passes when they should have, and took shots when they should have.

Truthfully all I need to do is find more time to play this game. It's a lot of fun.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 10-14-2017, 10:59 AM   #1319
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
There were plenty of mistakes from me but also the CPU. One thing I would possibly think to change would be CPU shot accuracy. I didn't think it was bad per say but there were some shots where it was like what the hell was that. Some on clear opportunities too. It wasn't that bothersome though.
You didn't happen to watch Liv-ManU today, did you?
Old 10-14-2017, 11:07 AM   #1320
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbeaver
You didn't happen to watch Liv-ManU today, did you?
Hahaha I watched 20 minutes until I played FIFA leading up to the Chelsea game. I will have to check them out.

Also bear in mind, I'm probably useless with feedback since I've only played one game so far.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »