Home

Old 09-24-2017, 04:57 PM   #137
Pro

Don Jon's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Here's the thing though Don Juan and I agree with you about the shielding BUT you shouldn't have to play a certain way to draw fouls. Fouls are an integral part of footy and happen for a variety of reasons. Having the CPU come through you while your back is to them shouldn't be the only way to draw fouls.
Oh I agree. It is annoying that in the current state of the game, that's the only way i've found to get fouled.

I have a lot of "that should be a foul" moments, but the refs seem to hold those whistles. I really believe they do that so the online gameplay isn't slowed down. Really think they need a sim and online mode
Old 09-24-2017, 06:35 PM   #138
Rookie

markor's Arena

OVR: 0

How are the injuries looking this year?

Variety
Frequency

Are there better animations with injured payers? In '17 all players would just hold their shoulder no matter the injury.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:18 PM   #139
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by markor
How are the injuries looking this year?

Variety
Frequency

Are there better animations with injured payers? In '17 all players would just hold their shoulder no matter the injury.
Don't know about the frequency, but I did see some new animations and cutscenes watching some videos online.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:31 PM   #140
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Don't laugh fellas but can these be used on Pro? I'm not that good fellas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-2017, 07:48 PM   #141
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPBLACKMAMBA24
Don't laugh fellas but can these be used on Pro? I'm not that good fellas.
You're not alone. Took a break from fifa last year, but still pro seemed hard enough for me in the demo,
with semi assist passing. And one thing I hope to see this year is high rated teams feeling even harder to beat. In the past high rated teams were often easier to play against, leaving too much space for you to exploit. Don't know if this was a thing in 17 as well.

Last edited by Chrisx; 09-24-2017 at 08:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2017, 08:10 PM   #142
Rookie

SteveFBC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Streaming now. Going to play default, and then look at sliders.
Sadly I missed the live stream Matt, I will check it out if it's up on your channel? Also have uploaded 2nd episode of my career, will post it here soon with my thoughts, including a coupla things I noticed.
Old 09-24-2017, 08:36 PM   #143
Rookie

SteveFBC's Arena

Ok, latest video is below, things I've noticed whilst playing...

Goalkeepers are very weak, they concede a lot of near-post goals, I remember this being an issue once before (fifa 15?) and they do random stuff like punch the ball right to attackers or right up in the air, not sure if that can be sorted with the sliders however!

Low drilled crosses are massively overpowered, I have conceded goals from these on almost every occasion it happens, probably will be this years most overused (online) exploit!?

Runs off the ball are very hit an miss, players check back when they should continue runs, or don't make runs into space at all...very dumb AI

The video shows some of this, including some pros and cons of Career mode - enjoy

https://youtu.be/LSZ2xLBhcFI

Last edited by SteveFBC; 09-24-2017 at 08:38 PM.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:20 PM   #144
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Here's the thing though Don Juan and I agree with you about the shielding BUT you shouldn't have to play a certain way to draw fouls. Fouls are an integral part of footy and happen for a variety of reasons. Having the CPU come through you while your back is to them shouldn't be the only way to draw fouls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Jon
Oh I agree. It is annoying that in the current state of the game, that's the only way i've found to get fouled.

I have a lot of "that should be a foul" moments, but the refs seem to hold those whistles. I really believe they do that so the online gameplay isn't slowed down. Really think they need a sim and online mode
This is a good discussion because we are, for sure, going to find ways to 'game' the engine as time goes by. I'm glad people are exposing some of the suspect aspects of the game.

I watched Matt's stream the first night and am keeping my fingers crossed that what I saw stays intact come release day. I'm just so damn disappointed that I've got no Santander, no Sedan-Ardennes, no Red Star for this title. I'm just walking around in a circle not knowing where to go.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »