Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2017, 09:36 AM   #145
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: uk
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

I am playing on PC in career mode and the game is way too easy. Every game is totally one sided. I am playing as Sheffield Wednesday and started on world class level. In tinkered around with the sliders and the games were boringly one sided. The opposition couldn't pass a ball and in three games didn't manage one shot on target.
I went to legendary level and put all the sliders at default. Oh boy the game is easy. Once again the opposition continually give the ball away. They did score a goal but that that was their only chance all match. I scored three easy goals and gave up trying.
The demo seemed pretty tough on world class level. And the opposition attacked continually. On the full game the opposition are totally passive.
Can anyone suggest some sliders that will make the game interesting and a challenge.
With my current settings on FIFA 17 I'd be getting beaten in most games.
There seems to be so much space in midfield. And their strikers never go forward.
The most surprising problem is with the oppositions passing. It's the worst I've ever seen in any FIFA game.
Help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
terrycurran62 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2017, 09:50 AM   #146
Pro
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2016
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrycurran62
I am playing on PC in career mode and the game is way too easy. Every game is totally one sided. I am playing as Sheffield Wednesday and started on world class level. In tinkered around with the sliders and the games were boringly one sided. The opposition couldn't pass a ball and in three games didn't manage one shot on target.
I went to legendary level and put all the sliders at default. Oh boy the game is easy. Once again the opposition continually give the ball away. They did score a goal but that that was their only chance all match. I scored three easy goals and gave up trying.
The demo seemed pretty tough on world class level. And the opposition attacked continually. On the full game the opposition are totally passive.
Can anyone suggest some sliders that will make the game interesting and a challenge.
With my current settings on FIFA 17 I'd be getting beaten in most games.
There seems to be so much space in midfield. And their strikers never go forward.
The most surprising problem is with the oppositions passing. It's the worst I've ever seen in any FIFA game.
Help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
I think you are going to worship yourself with a little patience, FIFA has not yet been officially released, but I guarantee you should update you daily here at OS CS Thread, because on Friday Slider's time starts big time again and everyone can contribute here.
andanesean is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:57 AM   #147
Pro
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2016
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTheMeatball
This is a good discussion because we are, for sure, going to find ways to 'game' the engine as time goes by. I'm glad people are exposing some of the suspect aspects of the game.

I watched Matt's stream the first night and am keeping my fingers crossed that what I saw stays intact come release day. I'm just so damn disappointed that I've got no Santander, no Sedan-Ardennes, no Red Star for this title. I'm just walking around in a circle not knowing where to go.
I saw Matts video and am more than fortunate that FIFFA18 will be good, I dare say I think it will be the best version ever !. But of course, there will always be improvements that EA can and should make. Lack of free kick is the last I will be nervous when we speak EA, a patch can always change the same for goalkeeper. But the way they compress and decompress on the pitch is crucial and it looks really good.
andanesean is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 10:02 AM   #148
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: uk
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by andanesean
I think you are going to worship yourself with a little patience, FIFA has not yet been officially released, but I guarantee you should update you daily here at OS CS Thread, because on Friday Slider's time starts big time again and everyone can contribute here.
I only have three hours left of the trial. I'll tinker around with the sliders.
The game plays beautifully if only both teams played that way at the same time.
I don't think I'm that good, I think the game is way much easier than than 17.
I'm sure many will feel the same way and appreciate the help this site gives.
Last year this site nailed 17 to perfection. The same sliders I used last year don't work with 18.
terrycurran62 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 11:45 AM   #149
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2016
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrycurran62
I only have three hours left of the trial. I'll tinker around with the sliders.
The game plays beautifully if only both teams played that way at the same time.
I don't think I'm that good, I think the game is way much easier than than 17.
I'm sure many will feel the same way and appreciate the help this site gives.
Last year this site nailed 17 to perfection. The same sliders I used last year don't work with 18.
I will love to see a match in Slow speed, broadcast camera, pass and shot error 60, first touch error at 75 and goalkeeper 70. I think it will be better,...maybe xd. Don't you think?
Do you tried some sliders or not yet?

Sorry for my english Im from Spain.
huskyds is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 11:57 AM   #150
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Porto, Portugal (Europe)
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Have been reading the thread since last time i saw it, on friday, and im really confused...

What happened from the general "plays different from the demo" in a negative way to this sudden "best FIFA ever"?

People in the trial complaining the CTT didnīt have any effect, testing with extreme values, and now the teams play true to themselves and CTTīs work?

The dreaded R1 pass by the CPU making a comeback from the demo to the trial, itīs gone?

Honestly, what happened here? Did the trial version got patched? How can we have such a different impressions in a couple of days?
nunogomes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:12 PM   #151
Chillin
 
RoyceDa59's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ontario / Charlotte
Posts: 3,567
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunogomes
Have been reading the thread since last time i saw it, on friday, and im really confused...

What happened from the general "plays different from the demo" in a negative way to this sudden "best FIFA ever"?

People in the trial complaining the CTT didnīt have any effect, testing with extreme values, and now the teams play true to themselves and CTTīs work?

The dreaded R1 pass by the CPU making a comeback from the demo to the trial, itīs gone?

Honestly, what happened here? Did the trial version got patched? How can we have such a different impressions in a couple of days?
Haha I want to know this as well, but at this point I am going to have to just play it myself. I will I do agree that the positioning is so on point this year that is enough to have me interested, I just hoped this game isn't patched to death.
RoyceDa59 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2017, 12:16 PM   #152
MVP
 
bad_philanthropy's Arena
 
OVR: 24
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,114
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

I don't know if I'd say it's the best FIFA ever. It has some surprising gameplay and animation improvements, but there are also some balancing issues as is usual at this time of year with the game.
bad_philanthropy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:35 PM.

Top -