Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2017, 08:51 PM   #1713
Pro

Bure10Beezer34's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LiverpoolRed~
3rd game of the opening day of the season and let's just say I got absolutely thrashed. I was playing with 10 men for a good 60 minutes. Both sides very aggressive as you will see from the foul and card count. Benteke scored a hat trick and was caught offside 3 times. He also got a yellow card after he knocked over my goalkeeper. Hopefully that score line was a one off as my previous 2 games were 2-1 score lines.
That is just...unreal...wow!

Going off memory, do you play EVERY single EPL game in one season? I thought there was someone doing that last year. Was just curious
Old 10-23-2017, 08:52 PM   #1714
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure10Beezer34
That is just...unreal...wow!

Going off memory, do you play EVERY single EPL game in one season? I thought there was someone doing that last year. Was just curious
Yep, that's me, all 380 games.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:57 PM   #1715
Pro

Bure10Beezer34's Arena

Quote:
Yep, that's me, all 380 games.
Man...so cool...that is dedication and I bet a ton of fun! I have a hard enough time running 2-3 CM's with a single team...LOL!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2017, 09:00 PM   #1716
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure10Beezer34
Man...so cool...that is dedication and I bet a ton of fun! I have a hard enough time running 2-3 CM's with a single team...LOL!!!
It really is. I know it's only early and just 3 games in but the 64/4 injury sliders look promising. All walk off injuries thus far. In last years game, by week 30 onwards I was playing with second string players for most teams. So many 7 month ACL injuries.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:12 PM   #1717
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Great to hear about the 64/4 injuries. We'll have to plug those in for Version 4.

Other than that, anything else from Version 4.1 beta that needs to be looked at?
Old 10-23-2017, 09:28 PM   #1718
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10

Other than that, anything else from Version 4.1 beta that needs to be looked at?
The only thing I have noticed especially in the Crystal Palace/Huddlesfield match was the amount of bad first touches by both sides. I guess you could put that down to the fact that there wasn't top drawer premier league players on display in this match.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:49 PM   #1719
Rookie

Ghostrider1078's Arena

OVR: 0

So, I played two games with the beta sliders on WC, but using 7 minute halves. I found the AI to be super agressive in pressing and frequently lofting balls out to the wings as well as the return of the hard driven pass.

The two games were against Watford and Southampton and felt virtually identical. I spent more time worried about the cpu's counter attack than I did making any of my own. The only reason I scored against Watford was because I drew a pentalty on one of the few shots I did take.

I don't know if maybe I missed a setting so I'll have to take a look at that, and maybe I need to up the time of my halves since it seems like everyone else is playing on ten minutes at least, but I can't figure out if I'm just not skilled enough to play the game at this style or if its a result of the sliders changing since it seems a lot of other people seem to have no problems with the set.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I know video helps, but I haven't had the time to mess with it. Sorry.

*Edit* So I went back and looked at things and it turns out I had missed the shot speed setting and the GK ability setting. Also moved to 10 minute halves and played three games a 2-0 win over Southampton, a 0-0 draw with Arsenal, and 4-3 win over PSV despite them quite frequently hitting me with breakaway counters. The CPU didn't seem nearly as agressive in these three games though PSV did press the entire game before backing off into their defense. I can only think that the longer halves is the difference. The two settings I didn't tweak had nothing to do with the things I observed above.

Last edited by Ghostrider1078; 10-24-2017 at 01:41 AM.
Old 10-24-2017, 12:28 AM   #1720
Pro

Bure10Beezer34's Arena

Quote:
It really is. I know it's only early and just 3 games in but the 64/4 injury sliders look promising. All walk off injuries thus far. In last years game, by week 30 onwards I was playing with second string players for most teams. So many 7 month ACL injuries.
Wow that must have been rough. I can't even imagine dealing with that many injuries. I have not seen a 7 month injury yet on 64/4 but I know Markor and someone else mentioned that they have seen them.

I played about 3 more matches tonight with 4.1 and had another 1-2 walk offs and a 3 week sprained knee.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »