Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2017, 12:45 PM   #1745
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimuli
2> https://streamable.com/us2gs

I had a couple of examples of this, noticed it first time in the 20th minute and this example is later on in the game, no real pressure and loads of space
#2 Has happened to me a couple of times.
The cpu is losing but just lets me play keep ball until the end of the match.
Next time it happens I plan on trying a kick off match and reloading, this game is truly bugged as hell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2017, 01:01 PM   #1746
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

This may of been answered but is there any way to select the referee in Manager mode?
Old 10-24-2017, 01:09 PM   #1747
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutinho
Yes it was in kick off mode. I am playing in legendary in my CM as well and just like kick off mode before getting this message it doesn't feel like legendary at all, I didn't have time to launch my CM yesterday I will try tonight hoping its is now playing like legendary, so far I was winning all my games easily with Aston Villa my only struggle was a cup game vs Huddersfield (won in extra time).
I had this message come up while I was playing The Journey.
Old 10-24-2017, 01:18 PM   #1748
Just started!

Hi Matt and others. I've been following the community's slider for awhile now and i think its time to give some feedbacks.
I play on 8 mins, legendary, normal gamespeed.
The v3 slider works like a charm for me. Everything was smooth as silk. I've been trying v3 + 45/45 sprint speed and its been a little odd. Sure the pace differentiation between players are now crystal clear but sometimes the players' pass are off as if they are trying to pass to teammates who're supposed to run at 50 sprint speed. Also at 45/45 the players' reactions seem too slow. So i changed the sprint speed up a bit to 47/47 and voila. Best 3 matches of Fifa 18 i've ever experienced. The pace of the game is still as of 45/45 but the reactions and passes are much better.
Old 10-24-2017, 01:31 PM   #1749
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutinho
If you change the CTT for teams controlled by CPU in CM will it work or will the CPU use the default tactics?
I believe they work, the folks on ricardodc's thread feel they work; some have indicated though big clubs may have CTTs hardwired.
Old 10-24-2017, 01:44 PM   #1750
Rookie

Hey Matt,

First post, but have been a long time viewer and have always thought that the work that you and everyone else here puts into improving FIFA's gameplay is extraordinary. Once again, great start on getting some quality sliders out early for everyone.

Overall, I think that FIFA's second year with the Frostbite engine has taken a big step forward. The movements are more refined and the individualism of each player seems to stand out more than in 17'.

I like this latest set of sliders.

First, I think the reduction in both speed and acceleration to 45 helps reduce the frenetic gameplay speed that often occurs. The one drawback to this though is that players fail to tire. In the 80th minute and beyond I am rarely seeing players below 50% stamina.

Second, I think you guys have hit a sweet spot setting right now with pass speed being at 45. I think that the pass speed has to equal or be within 3 settings of speed/acceleration in order to prevent excessive "cutting out" of passes being intercepted by defenders. Having both Sprint/Acceleration and pass speed at 45 seems to be pretty solid at the moment, although I think that sprint/acceleration will ultimately find itself closer to 48-50 so that fatigue and substitutions have more of an impact in the game.

Third, I think the H-L-W combination you guys currently have is solid. Am I correct in taking these settings as an attempt to stretch the field more horizontally to assist with more measured build-up from the CPU, instead of the dreaded vertical drill passes up and down the pitch all game...? Because I notice that these H-L-W settings combined with the slower speed/acceleration settings has significantly slowed the game down to where it is more measured.

Last, I have found shot speed closer to 40 to be a better setting with some better dramatic saves. Shot speed at 50 seems like everyone has Lukas Podolski in his prime's shooting power.

I also have and play PES, mostly because there are more countries (Croatia, Serbia, Japan, Iran, Costa Rica, Nigeria, Senegal, etc.) from which to play and include in an international tournament. I love PES's gameplay and think that it is still better than FIFA, but the lack of presentation, licenses, stadiums, etc. still make FIFA a better overall experience. Fortunately, you guys do such a great job here with the sliders that it considerably closes the gap in the gameplay.

Cheers man.
Old 10-24-2017, 01:53 PM   #1751
Rookie

I am quite liking set 4, one reason is because of the night shifts I work, the only reason I need a slider set to work asap is cos I only get to play FIFA A LOT is when im off work, on holiday, like this week, I can work with set 4, cos im winning games, but perhaps need tweaks so the CPU score a few more , win the odd game here n there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2017, 02:11 PM   #1752
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCatleti
Also at 45/45 the players' reactions seem too slow. So i changed the sprint speed up a bit to 47/47 and voila. Best 3 matches of Fifa 18 i've ever experienced.
yeah, i think the delayed reactions cause the extra physicality but at times it's a bit too much for me too (playing on slow). it does need some time getting used to new timings for passing and dribbling.

however my game suffers from playing at a different speed depending on the time of day and the phase of the moon so it's hard for me to test the value... sometimes 45 seems just fine, other times too sluggish.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »