Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2017, 07:01 PM   #17
Rookie

LaXing_'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Looking forward to slider testing on FIFA 18 Goal Zone presented by the man himself Matt10⚽️

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-12-2017, 08:08 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

First match impressions:

Toronto (user) v LA Galaxy

Sprint - feels great to me. NO JOGGING ANIMATION.

Acceleration - players have weight, can't see why it would need to go lower. This is on normal speed?

Shot Error
- 4 mins halves so would like shots on target, so much play in midfield, so I'm fine with some off target. Despite that, the shots were only 1 on target - and the CPU scored theirs.

Pass Error - I love how the CPU makes bad passes, but most of all, how the ball actually feels free. Many times they had to run on to the ball. This is something you just don't see in PES.

Shot Speed - felt it was fine. Slider-wise, we have to determine it relative to the GK animations, but overall felt fine.

CPU GOAL

Pass Speed - the drilled pass is gone. Gone....I can't believe this either. Now when I see the drilled pass, it's contextual, it's a through pass or a forced pass to the forward. The thing is, the forward is well defended - and they can't just turn the defender and face goal.

GK Ability
- seeing the GK dive underneath the flight of the ball still. Not as obvious from 17, but it's still there. The GK animations are strange in general, but let's see what comes of it in the full game.

Marking - So good. Many times Jones with LA (DMF) would step into the passing lanes, and then so would Bradley (TFC) when I wasn't even controlling him. I used Geovinco to pull their defenders out of position, and they would step forward with him, and then switch off and let the DMF or SMF mark him. It was a thing of beauty.

Run Frequency - Perfect. No ultra sprint back and forth. It's show to the ball, or a quick darting run into space, but not for days on end.

Height - Defensive line height seemed a bit low for TFC, but needs more looks here.

Length - Perfect. Took a screenshot of the positioning overall, and need to tweet it to KONAMI...J/K.

Width - Tucked in nicely without the ball, and spread out relative to the ball's position with the ball. Very nice.

Full Backs - mixed runs and overlapping runs. When I was losing, I had to go All-out attacks, and saw Bradley start to drop back to send balls over the top.

FT Control
- Yeah, can't complain. There was a time I caught the CPU trying to short pass their way past my midfield, and the ball bobbled up in front of Osorio, and he had to take an extra touch as the ball jumped up into the air, to his chest, and back down to his foot, which he miscontrolled. I had to do a sliding pass to maintain possession.

There we go. This is scary good. Scary because we all know how patches ruin the game, but let's just enjoy this moment. Reminds me a lot of FIFA 14 and FIFA 16...two of my favorite versions of FIFA. Wish we had sliders to test, but this is one of those instances where you don't want to touch a thing...who knows.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:55 PM   #19
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Has it been confirmed that 18 will even have sliders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2017, 10:19 PM   #20
Pro

Bure10Beezer34's Arena

OVR: 6

I played two games with the Demo tonight, Toronto(User) vs. LA Galaxy.

Played world class with no other changes to tactics or anything else.

I agree with a lot of Matt's observations hence why I am not bothering to do a lengthy write up. Not to mention I haven't played a Fifa game in months, quit 17 quite awhile ago, so I am a tad bit rusty. I know it would take me a season in 18 career mode to really get used to the changes.

Overall I thought it played really well. The weight of the players was definitely noticeable. Flight of the ball seemed different/nice hard to explain. Saw quite a few loose balls which combined with the weight of the players playing in space really threw me off, was hard to get used to.

Honestly I am cautiously optimistic. Maybe a few tweaks if any? Crossing my fingers!
Old 09-13-2017, 12:14 AM   #21
Rookie

SteveFBC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
Has it been confirmed that 18 will even have sliders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It would be madness on EA's part to remove the sliders. To me, it would be akin to removing the transfer market out of FUT.

But, this is EA...fingers crossed they leave the sliders alone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2017, 12:20 AM   #22
Rookie

SteveFBC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Introspectah
Who knows my man...

I'm actually quite confident in the changes they've made,
for some reason...
Though knowing EA i'm already taking into consideration the possibility of getting my soul hopes crushed once again.

Yet for some reason i sense a fresh start being made.
Though no matter how big of a leap they might make,
there's always gonna be (minor) disappointments along the Journey.

I still find Fifa to be an astoundingly realistic game,
though without these Community Sliders i'd probably be producing a more discordant tune.
I think you might be right!

After several games of the demo now I am very excited about '18, more so after each game...am putting together a video of my thoughts on the gameplay etc. but so far, so very, very good. Nothing is perfect of course, but that's were Matt and Co. come in
Old 09-13-2017, 07:14 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron458f
Positioning is good, game looks good, feels nice on the ball, also the car stayed back with the instruction for a change
I noticed this too! I set Matic to stay back and he DID stay back! Canīt believe this is fixed, it was outrageous last year the way the CDM went forward.

I just donīt know what team ID and styles are because, the options for tactics are the same from years past... do they mean that they actually work this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
First match impressions:

Toronto (user) v LA Galaxy

Shot Error - 4 mins halves so would like shots on target, so much play in midfield, so I'm fine with some off target. Despite that, the shots were only 1 on target - and the CPU scored theirs.

Pass Error - I love how the CPU makes bad passes, but most of all, how the ball actually feels free. Many times they had to run on to the ball. This is something you just don't see in PES.
Height - Defensive line height seemed a bit low for TFC, but needs more looks here.

FT Control - Yeah, can't complain. There was a time I caught the CPU trying to short pass their way past my midfield, and the ball bobbled up in front of Osorio, and he had to take an extra touch as the ball jumped up into the air, to his chest, and back down to his foot, which he miscontrolled. I had to do a sliding pass to maintain possession.
Hey Matt! Good luck on the sliders this year!

About those things you mentioned above, i think itīs mainly tied to the (bad) teams you selected.

Played as Man. United against Man. City a couple of times, and they shot a good number of times, on target a good number of times also (world class).

The only thing i sensed in the passing is that altough they missplaced places a fair number of times, it seemed that close to the box, with less space, they kind of started passing very quickly and much more accurately. Just the feeling i got though...

The low height is a common thing on low rated teams i guess, so maybe that justifies it. Man. City playing against me, seemed to play fairly high up the pitch, like they should!

The sequence you mentioned about FT control, didnīt happen to me, maybe because M. City players have much better ball control than Toronto and LA?

Overall, since i had really low expectations, i had a fairly good first impression really. Need to play more games, but right now, i donīt really have clue of what game i will buy (first?) this year...
Old 09-13-2017, 07:22 AM   #24
Pro

adoptedscouse's Arena

I've finally figured out how to defend You definitely can't dive in this year. Also I think the fast pace is just down to speed restriction of normal, be better in full game.

I even played a game on semi-pro & they had shots, one on one passing & mixed bag of good stuff, just easy to win

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »