Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
The Best Sports Game of 2019: MLB The Show 19
The Best Franchise Mode of 2019: NBA 2K20's MyLeague
Worst Trend in Sports Games in 2019: Single-Player Modes Getting Shafted
Who wins Super Bowl LIV? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 09-29-2017, 02:31 PM   #377
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

First career mode game
https://youtu.be/zHSey6CI_Oc

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-29-2017, 02:40 PM   #378
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

I almost can't believe how good this game is.

I'll help out plenty with streaming / sliders. Testing what Matt has in OP now.

FIFA is back.
Old 09-29-2017, 02:43 PM   #379
MVP

Streaming if anyone wants to watch me get smashed by the cpu haha twitch aaron458f

Old 09-29-2017, 02:58 PM   #380
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron458f
@matt10 normally when you see this you see a goal coming! Yes they should of scored but it's nice to see you can get away with it and not seeing the cpu so Perfect shot error 51

https://youtu.be/yq5ttm_sPjs

Is this a regular thing Aaron? The ball hitting the post so much (3 times) in one play?

I havenīt noticed much in the streams, but that was really ugly... Maybe 52 shot error so the ball doesnīt even hit the post?

Just a couple more hours to finally get some games going!
Old 09-29-2017, 03:04 PM   #381
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTheMeatball
If you guys are looking to test against teams with a high setting for shooting in their CTTs, here is a quick current list from SOFIFA (78-80 shooting):

Bordeaux 80, Moreirense FC 80, SD Huesca 80, Wisla Krakow 80, CD America de Cali 80, Ross County 80, Notts County 80, SKN St. Polten 80, Leverkusen 80, Colo-Colo 79, Sunderland 79, Birmingham City 78, Cardiff City 78, Blackpool 78.

there are obviously more 78's but just a start
I canīt speak for other clubs, but Moreirense (Portuguese League) itīs not known for being a team that shoots that much... they are a mid to low club, just trying not to be relegated, canīt imagine why they would have that high of a number.

Maybe they want the big clubs to maintain possession a lot and reduce this value? Bayern Munich have 28 for shooting, maybe itīs EA way of simulating the possession style football?

EDIT: did a quick scroll in SOFIFA and the shooting value in cttīs seems to be on the low side for most big clubs in the Premier League.

Man. City has 33 for example wich is "Low" (34 itīs the next level, "medium", and then 67 is the "lots" of shooting in CTTīs)

Last edited by nunogomes; 09-29-2017 at 03:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2017, 03:22 PM   #382
Rookie

Quote:
We should also press EA to say something about those Team Styles feature wich is nowhere to be seen. And i donīt believe itīs in the tactics because they are the same sliders and options from years past. This is actually the thing that is bothering me the most because it smells like a huge lie to me...
Here's my thoughts on this idea of team individualism. When you're playing in CM, the CPU AI is programmed to change it's tactics during certain moments in the match. For instance, it'll shift the attacking levels (park bus/ultra attack) and/or it'll change the actual strategy (possession/high press). These changes are implemented more aggressively as you increase difficulty levels.

This is the biggest reason why you see such a jump from Professional to World Class. On Professional level the CPU implementation is rather simple but when you move up the increase in the attack level goes up and it is more likely to implement changes more often...leading some to suggest AI cheats. Not true you just have to react to what the CPU AI is doing.

This is the uniqueness the devs are referring to. It's already there and has been, they are just utilizing it further. Its no different than in PES. The only difference is that PES gives you a screen representation of what it's doing...FIFA does not...but its there. This is why I always argue that changing CTT's on the front end is useless because as soon as you start your career and CPU AI kicks in the CTT's will change as the game evolves.

Final note on that. I feel that the attacking levels are just named wrong. For instance on "attack/ultra attack" your team is more engaged and agressive. While in "defensive" modes your team is rather passive. I find the defensive levels to be useless and tend to move toward the more agressive levels...and the higher the difficulty level the more likely the CPU AI goes into attack mode.
Old 09-29-2017, 03:28 PM   #383
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roswell0075
Here's my thoughts on this idea of team individualism. When you're playing in CM, the CPU AI is programmed to change it's tactics during certain moments in the match. For instance, it'll shift the attacking levels (park bus/ultra attack) and/or it'll change the actual strategy (possession/high press). These changes are implemented more aggressively as you increase difficulty levels.

This is the biggest reason why you see such a jump from Professional to World Class. On Professional level the CPU implementation is rather simple but when you move up the increase in the attack level goes up and it is more likely to implement changes more often...leading some to suggest AI cheats. Not true you just have to react to what the CPU AI is doing.

This is the uniqueness the devs are referring to. It's already there and has been, they are just utilizing it further. Its no different than in PES. The only difference is that PES gives you a screen representation of what it's doing...FIFA does not...but its there. This is why I always argue that changing CTT's on the front end is useless because as soon as you start your career and CPU AI kicks in the CTT's will change as the game evolves.

Final note on that. I feel that the attacking levels are just named wrong. For instance on "attack/ultra attack" your team is more engaged and agressive. While in "defensive" modes your team is rather passive. I find the defensive levels to be useless and tend to move toward the more agressive levels...and the higher the difficulty level the more likely the CPU AI goes into attack mode.
I donīt think that is the Team Styles they talked about so much as in a new feature. That change in levels already happened agressively in previous FIFAīs. If we got ahead, the game would many times be easier for the user by exploring the counter attack, and if CPU got ahead it would be really difficult sometimes to break their defence. That agressive change of attack levels was already present. At least this is my perception, but who knows...
Old 09-29-2017, 03:29 PM   #384
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

OP Sliders....

on....

Normal Speed....

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »