Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2018, 05:26 PM   #4121
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigTicket205
I have 42/42 and 45/45 I guess I will just have to go back to Legendary... I just hate leg tho it’s as if the cpu turns into God and the gameplay is just unbearable. I wish there was middle ground!
It's a bit difficult as the sliders weren't tested with that format in mind. Can you provide more detail on why it seems your teammate AI is more dominant? You are playing with, and against, the CPU that responds equivalent like they would in pro clubs.

I have yet to play pro/locked mode with teammate AI this year, but will gladly test it as soon as I have more information on what you're seeing.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2018, 05:49 PM   #4122
Rookie

adickerson's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
It's a bit difficult as the sliders weren't tested with that format in mind. Can you provide more detail on why it seems your teammate AI is more dominant? You are playing with, and against, the CPU that responds equivalent like they would in pro clubs.

I have yet to play pro/locked mode with teammate AI this year, but will gladly test it as soon as I have more information on what you're seeing.

I know for myself, I was playing almost all assisted, so my already perfect CAM was making perfect passes and through balls, allowing me to dominate the midfield and leading to a bunch of shots. Since I have switched to Manual TB and Semi everything else, my shots have been basically cut in half.
Old 03-26-2018, 10:39 PM   #4123
Rookie

TheBigTicket205's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

The best way to explain it is the CPU I’m playing against is terrible they rush up the pitch and turn the ball over in very bad areas. Not much build up play! Although I did take some of the guys suggestions and went full manual and it’s seems to have made the game a bit more balanced. I’m gonna keep testing with full manual and document my results. I honestly don’t think it’s anything slider based at this point it’s just the way EA has coded the game. You’re sliders are perfect in my opinion. EA just botch the AI I think! Anyway I would really appreciate your input on this, us player lock guys would be forever grateful!

Love, Live, Life and always game!
Old 03-27-2018, 12:22 AM   #4124
Rookie

VanillaGorillah's Arena

Figured I'd post my last match facts.

I can't seem to understand how some are still having a hard time with this game, or dominating every game. In my opinion it's either the player is playing on WC or assisted everything.

I'm using OP sliders and my own CTT. Legendary, 10 minute halves and manual everything expect for air balls auto switch.

I get that players want to be comfortable and not feel a lot of pressure when playing against the CPU, but if you're having games that are too easy or lopsided scores, stats etc. You need to get out of that comfort zone and challenge your skills to the next level. That's the only way you'll become a better player. Even if you want to stick to WC adjust the sliders in the CPU's favor.

I wonder how many of us play against other humans. 20180327_001054.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-27-2018, 12:51 AM   #4125
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
The best way to explain it is the CPU I’m playing against is terrible they rush up the pitch and turn the ball over in very bad areas. Not much build up play! Although I did take some of the guys suggestions and went full manual and it’s seems to have made the game a bit more balanced. I’m gonna keep testing with full manual and document my results. I honestly don’t think it’s anything slider based at this point it’s just the way EA has coded the game. You’re sliders are perfect in my opinion. EA just botch the AI I think! Anyway I would really appreciate your input on this, us player lock guys would be forever grateful!
Thanks, I gave it a go tonight.

The User values are what your Teammate AI will use. The CPU values are what the CPU you are playing against will use. I tested extreme values in pass speed and error and it was quite evident.

So, it should be fairly easy to make things easier or harder. Technically, you could just increase the CPU's acceleration to 51 and they'd already have the upper hand.

If that doesn't do enough, and they start to get stuck in their attack, then lower your User marking under 50.

Start with those two values and let me know how it goes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2018, 02:20 AM   #4126
Rookie

TheBigTicket205's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorillah
Figured I'd post my last match facts.

I can't seem to understand how some are still having a hard time with this game, or dominating every game. In my opinion it's either the player is playing on WC or assisted everything.

I'm using OP sliders and my own CTT. Legendary, 10 minute halves and manual everything expect for air balls auto switch.

I get that players want to be comfortable and not feel a lot of pressure when playing against the CPU, but if you're having games that are too easy or lopsided scores, stats etc. You need to get out of that comfort zone and challenge your skills to the next level. That's the only way you'll become a better player. Even if you want to stick to WC adjust the sliders in the CPU's favor.

I wonder how many of us play against other humans. Attachment 148384

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

Well the purpose of my post was to say I don’t want lopsided games or the game to be easy. I enjoy the pressure from the cpu that’s the kinda footy I enjoy watching IRL tight marking and quick decision making. Choose the wrong option and pay dearly. As I also mentioned in my post I switched to manual per suggestion from others in this thread and it’s made the game more balanced. I’ve gone back and forth from WC to Leg and with player lock on leg the game is not good in my opinion. Matt also mentioned he created these sliders with full team control in mind and not everyone plays that way myself included. The game definitely plays differently depending on the mode you choose. JS!

Love, Live, Life and always game!
Old 03-27-2018, 07:55 AM   #4127
Pro

Bure10Beezer34's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Thanks, I gave it a go tonight.

The User values are what your Teammate AI will use. The CPU values are what the CPU you are playing against will use. I tested extreme values in pass speed and error and it was quite evident.

So, it should be fairly easy to make things easier or harder. Technically, you could just increase the CPU's acceleration to 51 and they'd already have the upper hand.

If that doesn't do enough, and they start to get stuck in their attack, then lower your User marking under 50.

Start with those two values and let me know how it goes.
Thanks Matt for looking into this for BigTicket and the rest of us that player lock. Was always curious what your thoughts/observations would be.

The OS Sliders are almost always spot on but I just have a hard time getting over my own mental hurdle of giving the CPU AI the upper hand with discrepancies and what not. I actually have been playing full OS sliders with no adjustments and thought it was playing quite well. Did you feel the discrepancies were still needed?

Also, I agree with BigTicket, player lock is probably the best it has ever been in the FIFA series. The only issue I have is the CPU AI decision making. I just wish it was a touch better but perhaps giving them a one point increase in acceleration and a User decrease in marking might just be the answer. Thanks for the tips!
Old 03-27-2018, 08:03 AM   #4128
Rookie

VanillaGorillah's Arena

Quote:
Well the purpose of my post was to say I don’t want lopsided games or the game to be easy. I enjoy the pressure from the cpu that’s the kinda footy I enjoy watching IRL tight marking and quick decision making. Choose the wrong option and pay dearly. As I also mentioned in my post I switched to manual per suggestion from others in this thread and it’s made the game more balanced. I’ve gone back and forth from WC to Leg and with player lock on leg the game is not good in my opinion. Matt also mentioned he created these sliders with full team control in mind and not everyone plays that way myself included. The game definitely plays differently depending on the mode you choose. JS!
I wasn't referring to your posts specifically, just in general. I'm well aware that you play with only 1 player. I also just read what Matt posted... makes perfect sense. Even though you only play with 1 player it's still the human selected team, so the sliders would apply.

Have you adjusted your sliders to match the CPU's sliders? Curious if it worked out your problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »