Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2017, 09:48 PM   #449
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Oh well I tried. Sorry guys

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Operation Sports mobile app
No worries man! Thx for trying.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:01 PM   #450
MVP

OVR: 6
Icon1 Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Going live now for a couple games, normal speed back to 50 sprint
Old 09-29-2017, 10:12 PM   #451
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveFBC
Shot speed (45) More a question this time: shooting looks amazing now, even faster-paced shots look...faster?! Is this an optical illusion or is there some other factors at play here?
So...this is how I think of it. If a speed slider (pass or shot) is lower, what do we do? We hold the power button longer and let the bar fill-up more. My suspicion is that the CPU is going through something similar, they are allowing their "power bar" to go up higher, which is leading to faster shots overall.

Strictly a theory, but I started down this path on 17 a couple of weeks ago and it really does seem to be the case here too.

EA sliders always seem to have a 'counterpoint' to them, I think this is a good example.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2017, 11:06 PM   #452
MVP

Gameplay seems too fast and I really can't tell the difference between slow and normal.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2017, 11:42 PM   #453
Pro

talucchesi's Arena

I think the line length should be dropped to 30 and the height should be increased to 60. This change created a much more compact shape and brought the strikers back behind the ball defensively.

The defensive line will drop below the 18 yard box on default. Also helps with the drilled passes to the striker and the cpu tiki taka near your own box.

You'll now get something much closer to the picture below. Hopefully this doesn't mess with the great pressing shape Fifa has this year, but Ill keep testing

Lastly I moved fullbacks to 60 to get them pushed up further like modern day fullbacks. Maybe should go even higher. I know I put mine at 65 while using Barca but might go as high as 70 this year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FCBAPO5.jpg (36.9 KB, 142 views)
Old 09-29-2017, 11:59 PM   #454
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by talucchesi
I think the line length should be dropped to 30 and the height should be increased to 60. This change created a much more compact shape and brought the strikers back behind the ball defensively.

The defensive line will drop below the 18 yard box on default. Also helps with the drilled passes to the striker and the cpu tiki taka near your own box.

You'll now get something much closer to the picture below. Hopefully this doesn't mess with the great pressing shape Fifa has this year, but Ill keep testing

Lastly I moved fullbacks to 60 to get them pushed up further like modern day fullbacks. Maybe should go even higher. I know I put mine at 65 while using Barca but might go as high as 70 this year.
You need to post video of FIFA in action when making these adjustments. We have to ensure the CTT's are staying intact, and not every team ends up playing the same way.

The goal was not to modify too many line settings because the CTT's play so "true" to their values, we would hate to mess that up this year.
Old 09-30-2017, 12:16 AM   #455
MVP

stlducks's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm not great with slider testing, I usually just take whatever sliders are made here and use them with minor tweaks to fit my style. But after playing 6 games tonight I just wanted to give a little info in case it helps.

I played two games on normal speed on professional level with OP sliders. Spurs v Huddersfield, I was Spurs. Huddersfield fouled me 7 times in the first half (15 min) and 4 times in the second during the first game. Fouled a total of 9 times in the second game.

Played 3 matches on slow speed, WC difficulty, same teams. Only one or two fouls a game and Huddersfield controlled a lot of the possession.

Played the last match on Professional with slow speed. Much like the first two professional matches, I controlled the ball and had more scoring chances but I was never fouled.

Not sure why but Professional on normal speed is giving me the most amount of fouls and the game felt great in terms of tempo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2017, 12:26 AM   #456
MVP

OVR: 6

Just a few thoughts from tonight 3 game stream.. well 2.5 cuz Besitkas ran through me in UCL and we wanted to test some ideas in another match lol...

Played the first two games on normal and 50 sprint, 52 shot error, and the final game at slow speed 45 sprint 52/57 shot error. The sprint suggestion came from Josh as a way to maybe slow the tempo a hair and bring a little more mud and patience to the match. I definitely felt that in the 3rd game vs Stuttgart. No ill side affects at all. I commented that it made me wonder how low we can go. On 17, 45 sprint and below felt like quicksand to me. This year I can barely tell a difference in terms of responsiveness and player weight. What I did see was just a bit more patience to the match. Reduced those moments where you see the players advance down the pitch a little too quickly.

Shot error 57 (kudos to Velo on the suggestion) was two fold. First, to look at the post shots. 2nd to look at that shots on target %. I had a couple howler misses from the CPU, one on a first touch shot, the other on a crazy side foot volley attempt. Very contextual. However, still finished 66% in target for the CPU.

As opposed to many years, the values do not feel nearly as sensitive as years past. It has me thinking outside the box for a few of these values and I'd like to get more thoughts on the subject.

In terms of lines, I'm VERY against drastic changes to what we have. The shape is quite simply marvelous. FB's can be looked at but I'm hesitant to alter the lines much further than we have. Fine tuning only. I do not want to lose the feel I have of each match playing and looking completely unique to the last.

Exciting year for this game, I can see myself having a blast in career with this puppy.

Last edited by GoBlue81188; 09-30-2017 at 12:50 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »