Home

Old 09-30-2017, 12:29 AM   #457
Pro

Bure10Beezer34's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Just played my first 2 games in a test CM. OS sliders, normal speed, only change was 50/50 sprint speed to try and see if I could duplicate physicality/fouls that was reported earlier. No luck but could have been the teams I played against.

Is the game perfect? No. Do the OS sliders make it shine...heck yeah! Man did I have a blast!!! I think I had more fun in those two games than all of last year with '17. I will continue to test and monitor this thread but honestly if it stayed the way that it is I wouldn't have any complaints. Cheers!
Old 09-30-2017, 12:32 AM   #458
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
Just a few thoughts from tonight 3 game stream.. well 2.5 cuz Besitkas ran through me in UCL and we wanted to test some ideas in another match lol...

Played the first two games on normal and 50 sprint, 52 shot error, and the final game at slow speed 45 sprint 52/57 shot error. The sprint suggestion came from Josh as a way to maybe slow the tempo a hair and bring a little more mud and patience to the match. I definitely felt that in the 3rd game vs Stuttgart. No ill side affects at all. I commented that it made me wonder how low we can go. On 17, 45 sprint and below felt like quicksand to me. This year I can barely tell a difference in terms of responsiveness and player weight. What I did see was just a bit more patience to the match. Reduced those moments where you see the players advance down the pitch a little too quickly.

Shot error 57 was two fold. First, to look at the post shots. 2nd to look at that shots on target %. I had a couple howler misses from the CPU, one on a first touch shot, the other on a crazy side foot volley attempt. Very contextual. However, still finished 66% in target for the CPU.

As opposed to many years, the values do not feel nearly as sensitive as years past. It has me thinking outside the box for a few of these values and I'd like to get more thoughts on the subject.

In terms of lines, I'm VERY against drastic changes to what we have. The shape is quite simply marvelous. FB's can be looked at but I'm hesitant to alter the lines much further than we have. Fine tuning only. I do not want to lose the feel I have of each match playing and looking completely unique to the last.

Exciting year for this game, I can see myself having a blast in career with this puppy.
We saw a lot of great things in this stream tonight. 45 sprint looked great, and as Blue says, didn't feel bad in match. My idea with 52/57 shot error was just simply, we as the user don't need to drastically change shot error compared to the CPU, who is hitting almost everything on target. Wonder what the threshold on shot error for the CPU is. If the values aren't as sensitive, maybe it's as high as 60?
Old 09-30-2017, 01:08 AM   #459
Rookie

Sliders seem great, however after playing with default again I can't help feel some of the passing fluidity is missing with this set. I've never really experienced passing fluidity on a Fifa game so I was happy when I noticed it!

Anyone else have the same feeling? Could this be the pass speed? My lack of ability also could be a massive issue haha. I'm playing on semi passing.
Old 09-30-2017, 05:13 AM   #460
Just started!

I posted earlier but it didn't save annoyingly.

Matt thanks for the continuous good work over the years.

I'm playing on slow, semipro/pro difficulty, and using the sliders for the last few days. I'm not sure if it's me but the word sluggish springs to mind in some instances. Don't get me wrong players movement and positioning is very good, the ball is loose and it plays better than ever in the main, I just feel beating a man, and a sense of acceleration is very difficult and almost annoying.

I'm by no means a great player, but played all FIFA's since 08, so not ****, I use manual shooting and crossing, rest assisted. I'm finding it so hard to get past a defender, and just get barged off the ball, plus don't see quick players beating a man. It seems a little too ponderous.

If that sense of pace comes through going to normal speed, great, I just feel like it needs a tweak with something.

I could be wrong, and I'm just not used to the new one, but do others feel the same?

PS I do not want a sprint fest it's not what I'm saying I always have played FIFA on slow, it's just that seems a touch unresponsive and slow when on the ball.
Old 09-30-2017, 05:16 AM   #461
Pro

I'm so confused about this game . I ended up playing a total of 11 games and doesn't matter if I'm using a 3 star team against 3 star team or 5 star team vs 5 star team , the game is terrible for me . I've always been very good at defending and slowing the cpu down but all these games they simply just constantly pass forward dribble and get by me as if I didn't have anyone on the field . A few quick passes always forward with no build up in their play . I was so content with the set from fifa 17 , lots of build up and midfield play especially with krebstars ccts but this game to me is a fast paced mess.

Form the looks of it seems like I'm the only one really experiencing this , and I know I'm not playing any different from previous fifas so I'm scratching my head at the moment and very confused and upset. It's really like my midfield is non existent , they are so far up the pitch and when the cpu gets the ball back it's literally just 3 passes and they are in final 3rd . I've put instructions to stay back along with park the bus to see if it helps but nothing . Could this be RF? Or height length and width ? Even the pass speed at 35 for them seems to fast . Sorry for the long *** story , just infuriates me cause yet again 90$ gone ( I'm from Toronto that's our price ) and I just simply wanna pop the **** in and enjoy a somewhat realistic footy game and not have to worry about ****in sliders and other dumb **** !

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2017, 06:10 AM   #462
Pro

I am really loving the set as it is. Players and ball movements are spot on. I love the inertia that bring all these 50/50 balls, battle is all around the pitch.
The cpu driven pass are almost eliminated and it looks really organic compared with default sliders. I think it worth getting used, as a user, to the low pass speed. It really brings that think about the pass timing, who is around the receiver thing, which makes a well executed move so rewarding. As for the cpu shooting, I think the set doesn't handicap too much the cpu decision making. It seems to be more related to CTT and the cpu players configuration on the team sheet. I played Swansea yesterday and they were tiki taking me in my box with Bony making a lot of layoffs. In comparison Chelsea and Leicester, that I played today, were taking shots more often than doing the extra pass. I am having good stats also in term of shot accuracy, for both me and the cpu (around 30%).
When you look at player positioning on the pitch, it can look sometime a bit off, with the back line dropping quite deep and some extra space between the defense and the midfield. But because of the inertia, players and ball physics, it doesn't feel like this. You can really feel the pressure to perform as soon as you enter the strategic area of the pitch and also against big side, you can feel it through out all the pitch. If you like, it might not "look super realistic" when you compare with a tv game but it "feels realistic". I manage to draw a few fouls too, so I am not too disappointed in that department, let see what it gives on the long term.
You can also feel that different team use different tactical settings which is a promise of future tactical thinking in terms of how you set up your team for a particular game, which is very much welcomed.

Personally I don't see much room for improvement on the slider side. I have hard time winning games and I my approach to the game/ my skills really seems to be the area that needs improvement. This is also very much welcomed, because a progression margin (I think/hope not too steep) is also a guaranty of longevity for this game.

Again great work guys, I am suffering but in a good way, having lot of fun!

Last edited by papinho81; 09-30-2017 at 06:14 AM.
Old 09-30-2017, 06:38 AM   #463
Rookie

Really enjoying the sliders just wish there was a bit more zip in my passing....seems a bit slow to me
Old 09-30-2017, 07:41 AM   #464
Just started!

MattLeTissier's Arena

After 10-20 games i must say that this sliders set is perfect dont need to adjust anything

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »