Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 09-30-2017, 09:01 AM   #465
Pro

JimmyDeicide's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

I agree, havnt played that many games yet but my last i tried the set on normal ,50 sprint. Awesome.
Im seeing so many cool things happening, as good as pes id say in that regard maybe even better as its seems so much more human like from the cpu this year.

Just recorded a goal that i shot and the defender raised his hands to protect himself, it deflected down of his arms and into the net ,goalie helpless.

Another from a cross the cpu defender totally miss hit his clearance it came off the wrong side of his foot and out for a corner i think or a throw. It was so lifelike .
These are the things that are just taking this game to another level.

Brilliant job lads.
Going to stock pile some replays and annoy you guys with the realism im seeing.

Check out the first 10 mins of the Leverkrusen -Shalke game yesterday and tell me that the op sliders isnt replicating it to an absolute tee.
So good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2017, 09:19 AM   #466
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17

After beating Huddersfield 4-1, I played Spurs (me) at Real Madrid (CPU) to see if they were more difficult or every team had about the same difficulty. Well, after a 3-0 thrashing at half I turned the game off satisfied that I had answered my question. These are some great sliders. Really enjoying them.
Old 09-30-2017, 09:35 AM   #467
Go Redbirds!!!

racerx's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct32
After beating Huddersfield 4-1, I played Spurs (me) at Real Madrid (CPU) to see if they were more difficult or every team had about the same difficulty. Well, after a 3-0 thrashing at half I turned the game off satisfied that I had answered my question. These are some great sliders. Really enjoying them.
Same here played 4 games last night here our my results:

Iceland me vs New Zeland 2-2
Everton me vs Real Madrid lost 3-0
AS Monoco me vs Fenerbache. Won 3-2
Belgium me vs Brazil lost 7-2. Absolutely crushed in that game. The ball movement by Brazil was world class

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
NCAA Basketball - UK Wildcats
Old 09-30-2017, 09:45 AM   #468
Rookie

fhs2's Arena

OVR: 0

Guys will play my first match on thise sliders in few moments, on mixer, if u want to watch.
Old 09-30-2017, 10:06 AM   #469
Rookie

fhs2's Arena

Guys, almost never plays full manual, so, take it easy.

Burnley x Newcastle (me)

https://mixer.com/FH1S
Old 09-30-2017, 10:18 AM   #470
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbaja22
I'm so confused about this game . I ended up playing a total of 11 games and doesn't matter if I'm using a 3 star team against 3 star team or 5 star team vs 5 star team , the game is terrible for me . I've always been very good at defending and slowing the cpu down but all these games they simply just constantly pass forward dribble and get by me as if I didn't have anyone on the field . A few quick passes always forward with no build up in their play . I was so content with the set from fifa 17 , lots of build up and midfield play especially with krebstars ccts but this game to me is a fast paced mess.

Form the looks of it seems like I'm the only one really experiencing this , and I know I'm not playing any different from previous fifas so I'm scratching my head at the moment and very confused and upset. It's really like my midfield is non existent , they are so far up the pitch and when the cpu gets the ball back it's literally just 3 passes and they are in final 3rd . I've put instructions to stay back along with park the bus to see if it helps but nothing . Could this be RF? Or height length and width ? Even the pass speed at 35 for them seems to fast . Sorry for the long *** story , just infuriates me cause yet again 90$ gone ( I'm from Toronto that's our price ) and I just simply wanna pop the **** in and enjoy a somewhat realistic footy game and not have to worry about ****in sliders and other dumb **** !

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

I'm starting off on professional and seeing the same thing, for the most part, regardless of team quality (me, the CPU). When I'm defending, there's been little build up from the CPU, it's just rapid-fire 1-2 touch passing from them. My defenders seem sluggish and unengaged, but their positioning is passable--there's just a bit of the old "Oh, I'm playing Barnetalona today" vibe to it. I don't find the CPU too threatening per se, it's just there is very little build up.
Old 09-30-2017, 10:32 AM   #471
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vondave
I posted earlier but it didn't save annoyingly.

Matt thanks for the continuous good work over the years.

I'm playing on slow, semipro/pro difficulty, and using the sliders for the last few days. I'm not sure if it's me but the word sluggish springs to mind in some instances. Don't get me wrong players movement and positioning is very good, the ball is loose and it plays better than ever in the main, I just feel beating a man, and a sense of acceleration is very difficult and almost annoying.

I'm by no means a great player, but played all FIFA's since 08, so not ****, I use manual shooting and crossing, rest assisted. I'm finding it so hard to get past a defender, and just get barged off the ball, plus don't see quick players beating a man. It seems a little too ponderous.

If that sense of pace comes through going to normal speed, great, I just feel like it needs a tweak with something.

I could be wrong, and I'm just not used to the new one, but do others feel the same?

PS I do not want a sprint fest it's not what I'm saying I always have played FIFA on slow, it's just that seems a touch unresponsive and slow when on the ball.

I have to agree. I really like this slider. Having some really interesting matches. However, pacey players can't get away from slow players. My players keep getting knock off the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2017, 10:42 AM   #472
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by vondave
I posted earlier but it didn't save annoyingly.

Matt thanks for the continuous good work over the years.

I'm playing on slow, semipro/pro difficulty, and using the sliders for the last few days. I'm not sure if it's me but the word sluggish springs to mind in some instances. Don't get me wrong players movement and positioning is very good, the ball is loose and it plays better than ever in the main, I just feel beating a man, and a sense of acceleration is very difficult and almost annoying.

I'm by no means a great player, but played all FIFA's since 08, so not ****, I use manual shooting and crossing, rest assisted. I'm finding it so hard to get past a defender, and just get barged off the ball, plus don't see quick players beating a man. It seems a little too ponderous.

If that sense of pace comes through going to normal speed, great, I just feel like it needs a tweak with something.

I could be wrong, and I'm just not used to the new one, but do others feel the same?

PS I do not want a sprint fest it's not what I'm saying I always have played FIFA on slow, it's just that seems a touch unresponsive and slow when on the ball.
You can try a pass speed discrepancy, like 40/35, or raise power bar, Sprint discrepancy like 52/51.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »