Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2018, 08:22 AM   #4809
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Played 2 online matches against Ezio and Dmendenhall, enjoyed them both. Played using our OS sliders as Japan against Croatia, also enjoyed it.

No gameplay changes that I can see. Maybe some very slight animations (more jockeying defensively), but that may not be anything.

Here's last night's video if interested:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/267182884
Old 05-30-2018, 09:23 AM   #4810
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24

I wish I had taken a pic now. I started a WC last night and Tunisia's goalkeeper got injured. 2 months out with a torn quad. Haven't seen a goalkeeper injury in ages.
Old 05-30-2018, 10:20 AM   #4811
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LiverpoolRed~
I wish I had taken a pic now. I started a WC last night and Tunisia's goalkeeper got injured. 2 months out with a torn quad. Haven't seen a goalkeeper injury in ages.
I've genuinely never seen a single one in my 8 years of playing FIFA! I always assumed that they just weren't possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2018, 01:28 PM   #4812
MVP

Just spent the last 3hrs playing the world cup mode and it's terrific, In my opinion it's a very different game than I get in CM . It's nicely paced with proper built up and good animations. Meanwhile CM gameplay is just an arcade steroid slop fest , I just don't understand anything anymore

Sent from my RCT6213W87M using Tapatalk
Old 05-30-2018, 01:54 PM   #4813
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbaja22
Just spent the last 3hrs playing the world cup mode and it's terrific, In my opinion it's a very different game than I get in CM . It's nicely paced with proper built up and good animations. Meanwhile CM gameplay is just an arcade steroid slop fest , I just don't understand anything anymore

Sent from my RCT6213W87M using Tapatalk
I could be wrong, but I think the CTT's are working much better post update - including to CMs. I'll have to test when I get home though.
Old 05-30-2018, 01:58 PM   #4814
Pro

adoptedscouse's Arena

Yeah I’ve played a couple of games outside World Cup & defaulted CTT’s seem to play better. Also surely the new animations are in all modes????? Also seen more fouls from CPU in World Cup mode as well

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-30-2018, 02:20 PM   #4815
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixer
I've genuinely never seen a single one in my 8 years of playing FIFA! I always assumed that they just weren't possible.
Which is why I never waste a spot on the bench for a second GK. This is groundbreaking!

As far as I understand it, the world cup mode may not be a standalone game, in the sense that you can't buy it separately, but technically it's still a separate entity. There is a separate db, so probably separate "gameplay" files as well.

There is no question that it's smoother and a bit slower. And another thing I noticed, passing seems less accurate, even on assisted. Even when passes complete successfully, sometimes the receiving player has to go backwards a bit to get the ball which does wonders to slow the pace down.

Is this a glimpse into fifa19 gameplay? I'd like to think so, but then again personally I think the fifa18 demo felt a lot like this before. Can we have this gameplay in our current CM if we ask nicely? What is fifa supposed to simulate anyway by having faster animations in CM mode? Whatever it is, it isn't worth it EA!

Well, just questions. Bottom line is, I'm not even that interested in the world cup, but I certainly enjoy this gameplay so that's something.

Last edited by Chrisx; 05-30-2018 at 02:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2018, 02:36 PM   #4816
Pro

adoptedscouse's Arena

I see where you are coming from with the separate files but anything you change in settings on main menu changes in World Cup mode, eg sliders, so it can’t be that separate surely????

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »