Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2018, 04:36 PM   #4817
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoptedscouse
I see where you are coming from with the separate files but anything you change in settings on main menu changes in World Cup mode, eg sliders, so it can’t be that separate surely????
I doubt sliders would be a problem, they are just user tweaks on top of the base gameplay and EA changes the base gameplay all the time anyway. But perhaps it's not that there's "new" gameplay in the world cup mode, maybe it's just that CM always had different gameplay from the rest of the game. For example there are matches that always play too fast in CM, even in previous fifa games, and I never understood the reasoning/design behind that, as these are some of the least enjoyable games for me.

Last edited by Chrisx; 05-30-2018 at 04:39 PM.
Old 05-30-2018, 04:49 PM   #4818
Pro

adoptedscouse's Arena

That is true, certain games you just know it won’t be your day from moment you kick off. Have no idea why they do it either.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-30-2018, 05:47 PM   #4819
Pro

adoptedscouse's Arena

Also is it me or are pitches bigger in World Cup games than in normal games??????

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-31-2018, 06:41 AM   #4820
Pro

1860fan's Arena

Hello yes that's right it plays in any case better after the World Cup patch, only what bothers me very much again is the CPU always leaves the best players out there, is that the same with you?
Toni Kroos of Germany is always only on the bench, that can not be and he is not injured ...?
Old 05-31-2018, 09:41 AM   #4821
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1860fan
Hello yes that's right it plays in any case better after the World Cup patch, only what bothers me very much again is the CPU always leaves the best players out there, is that the same with you?
Toni Kroos of Germany is always only on the bench, that can not be and he is not injured ...?
Really? I haven't noticed this at all. In all the games I've played, the cpu played with its strongest lineup. Maybe, it was the 2nd or 3rd game of the group stage and he was left out because of fatigue?

Speaking of star players, I'm really liking how they are making a bigger impact on games. I've noticed players like Ronaldo, Griezmann, and Hazard are much more active and difficult to defend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2018, 09:56 AM   #4822
Pro

1860fan's Arena

Toni Kroos was directly out there because I played with Mexico and Germany is playing the first group match against Mexico, so I know that .. I do not know how it is with the other teams, only Toni Kroos is a big player in Germany who always plays, and that's why it's weird ..
Old 05-31-2018, 12:27 PM   #4823
Pro

This problem with Toni Kroos has been thoroughly discussed and plagued not only FIFA 18 but other recent installments.

The CPU is very positionally strict when it comes to selecting players to their starting lineups. People often complain about Pogba being benched on Man Utd, for example.

The problem is their main role is CM, while their teams default formation only has CDM, RM, LM and CAM. So weaker players are selected to start instead of them just because they're primarily CDM instead of CM.

You can call this a bug. I call it. At the very least, it's one more horrible design choice in the long lineage of horrible design choices from FIFA developers.
Old 05-31-2018, 01:08 PM   #4824
Pro

1860fan's Arena

really exactly that must necessarily be changed by EA I do not know what EA thinks? it is now since FIFA 16 so that the best players are always sitting on the bench, that just can not be ..
So am I right with Toni Kroos that he always sits outside? wwas do you think it will still be fixed with patch? or do you have to have 2 controllers for the CPU ??

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »